Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

I got the jets falling to vancouver.

Ryan miller stellar play will make a canuck - tampa final.

tampa wins in 6.

WCF wild vs cannucks

ECF rangers vs capitals

That's ballzy.  I don't think they make it out of the second round.  I do see Winnipeg beating Anaheim.  All I'm hoping for is a Nashville upset of Chicago.  The rest is wide open for me :)

Pavelec has an entire career of below average play. He's had an alright year, but I don't trust him at all.

Bad news: 27 years old, 0 playoff games (team's fault, as much as his.)  Last playoff experience? 2007-08 AHL Calder Cup Run. 

Good news: The Wolves won that (I believe) and his numbers looked good, so he certainly didn't choke under pressure.  Also, these most recent games are probably the only really meaningful games that he's played in since, so playing well in them is a very good sign.  Maybe, he elevates under pressure, but simply hasn't had the opportunity to show it.

I didn't need to read the article to know what was up with Stafford, he needs to get to the net.  These are 3 charts that I've posted a few times now.  It demonstrates that you can't tell a player 'Shoot more', fortunately he found a coach that told him not to maximize shots on goal.

post-2405-0-48676700-1429121555_thumb.png

post-2405-0-47791700-1429121574_thumb.png

post-2405-0-28642200-1429121593_thumb.png

I didn't need to read the article to know what was up with Stafford, he needs to get to the net.  These are 3 charts that I've posted a few times now.  It demonstrates that you can't tell a player 'Shoot more', fortunately he found a coach that told him not to maximize shots on goal.

Nick work rakish. It's very telling to see that as the proportion of his shots closer to the net went up in the 2011 and 2012 seasons, the more goals he had. When he started shooting more from the 30ft area, his goal scoring output went down drastically.

Kids: go to the net, that's where you score the goals. This isn't an NHL videogame.

I don't have to read the article to know what's going on with Stafford.  Contract year.

So, he was playing really well for the Sabres before he got here?

On a side note, I am glad Ovechkin's team got beat tonight....I hear he threw a check? wow...GO ISLES GO!!!!!!!

On a side note, I am glad Ovechkin's team got beat tonight....I hear he threw a check? wow...GO ISLES GO!!!!!!!

Ahem.....we all want an early exit by the Isles. That's our draft pick we are talking about. 

Actually you should want it too. If St. Louis and NYI loose in the first round Winnipeg gets a sweeter pick. 

Not to be an #### but I kinda hope you re-sign Stafford based off of his production.  He's a 45pt a year player but whatever. 

Ahem.....we all want an early exit by the Isles. That's our draft pick we are talking about. 

Actually you should want it too. If St. Louis and NYI loose in the first round Winnipeg gets a sweeter pick. 

All I have to say about that is, If the Caps were to play the Bruins for the cup, I might not watch a game. The Leafs are nothing but a laugh but I despise those two teams.

I am okay with Chevy picking because we have two picks in the first and he doesn't necessarily pick by how other teams have a player ranked. Scheifele and Morrissey, for instance.

Do you really think he only gears up the year before a contract??? Really??? Explain why he turned it on and wasn't playing that well there. He was a big reason we made the playoffs and i would offer him a 3 year deal but it wouldnl't be more than 12m. He can play 2nd line and would be a VERY good 3rd liner. The Jets have lots of decisions this summer. Frolik is also an UFA as is Tlusty, Slater, Halischuk, Stempniak, and Pardy. Buff and Ladd are on their last year of theirs and there are a few RFAs they should sign to extensions like Scheifele, Lowry and Trouba. Chiarot is an RFA that they wil ldefinitely re-sign. It'll be an interesting year and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Jets don't have both 1st round picks and Staf, Stempniak and Fro re-sign. Tlusty played for Maurice before but is only getting 4th line time unless of injuries. Is Andrej Meszaros going to test the market?

Do you really think he only gears up the year before a contract??? Really??? Explain why he turned it on and wasn't playing that well there. He was a big reason we made the playoffs and i would offer him a 3 year deal but it wouldnl't be more than 12m. He can play 2nd line and would be a VERY good 3rd liner. The Jets have lots of decisions this summer. Frolik is also an UFA as is Tlusty, Slater, Halischuk, Stempniak, and Pardy. Buff and Ladd are on their last year of theirs and there are a few RFAs they should sign to extensions like Scheifele, Lowry and Trouba. Chiarot is an RFA that they wil ldefinitely re-sign. It'll be an interesting year and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Jets don't have both 1st round picks and Staf, Stempniak and Fro re-sign. Tlusty played for Maurice before but is only getting 4th line time unless of injuries. Is Andrej Meszaros going to test the market?

This bit was probably directed at me instead of X, so I'll answer.

Drew Stafford will let you down.  He's the flirty scantily clad catch at the bar that just wants to cuddle.

This bit was probably directed at me instead of X, so I'll answer.

Drew Stafford will let you down.  He's the flirty scantily clad catch at the bar that just wants to cuddle.

Drew Stafford will make you the sexless innkeeper.  

All I have to say about that is, If the Caps were to play the Bruins for the cup, I might not watch a game. The Leafs are nothing but a laugh but I despise those two teams.

I am okay with Chevy picking because we have two picks in the first and he doesn't necessarily pick by how other teams have a player ranked. Scheifele and Morrissey, for instance.

I definitely think he gears up the year before a contract, and his numbers show it.  So does his play--we've been watching him for years, not months.

He was actually playing very well here this year, compared to other years, although he was still a little floaty.  His numbers weren't great, but look who his teammates were.  There weren't many chances to score.  He was playing well enough that I was afraid the Sabres would re-sign him again.

Drew Stafford is a second line winger. As long as you don't ask him to be a first line winger, you will not be disappointed.

As long as you don't ask him to do anything to receive a pass or keep the puck in the offensive zone or go into the corners...

Edited by Eleven

Who we talking about, Stafford? Most of his problems were playing in a system with no center and no command of center ice. 

Stafford is fine. I think he'll be a regular 15-25 goal scorer on most teams. 

Stafford, like quite a few post-2007 Sabres, is a talented guy who can contribute when he is locked in, but is not mentally equipped to play an important role on a good team.  He can't be one of your 5 most important forwards.  His confidence wanes, he zones out and you'll look up and realize he has played zero impactful shifts in the last 10 games. 

Now, your salary structure and team leadership group may be such that paying a vet #6 - #8 forward that much is a viable proposition.  But you can't count on him for leadership or to show up when you really need something.

Ducky,

What our youngster from Horseheads really wanted to suggest is ...

... do a search for 11's thread for the ages ... "Drew Stafford Needs To Go".  It's closed, but should not be archived yet.  It ran for 4 years and into the hundreds of pages.  It will tell you everything you need to know about Drew friggin' Stafford.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Ducky,

What our youngster from Horseheads really wanted to suggest is ...

... do a search for 11's thread for the ages ... "Drew Stafford Needs To Go". It's closed, but should not be archived yet. It ran for 4 years and into the hundreds of pages. It will tell you everything you need to know about Drew friggin' Stafford.

I'll help:

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/20741-stafford-needs-to-go/

Happy reading Ducky. Perhaps while on the toilet?

Edited by d4rksabre

Hearing myself described as "from Horseheads"

Gross.

Then you should go all Aud Smell and just make it up as you go.

Thanks.

You da man, when I'm lazy, or actually trying (not very successfully at the moment) to get some work done this tax season.