GDT: SENATORS (20-22-9) at SABRES (16-35-3)

spndnchz

Yes it is.

That's not a bad idea.  I hate having things on my hands, so I didn't want a wedding ring.  (I don't wear a watch, either, and I'm notorious for rolling up sleeves.)  I'm not a big tattoo guy, but that would have been one I would have had done.

That's not a bad idea.  I hate having things on my hands, so I didn't want a wedding ring.  (I don't wear a watch, either, and I'm notorious for rolling up sleeves.)  I'm not a big tattoo guy, but that would have been one I would have had done.

How about just not wearing a wedding ring and not cheating on your wife? It's really not that hard to do.

Nope.  It grazed the goalie on the way in.  There was a definitive shot that followed it all the way in.

They showed a closeup of it a few games ago.

That's the shot that I thought I saw it hit zemgus. I thought I saw it change spin just before it hit lehner's arm

Just watched it again, might be my eyes tricking me but they're definitely showing me that it grazed Zem's leg still 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Robyn Regehr played his two worst statistical seasons while in Buffalo. http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8467344. My point is good players will have crappy stats when they play on a crappy team.

Do you remember when Luke Adam centered Vanek and Pominville for a 10-12 game stretch? He put up crazy numbers. And when that cooled off, he dropped to lower lines, until he ended up back in the AHL, and then out of town. An average player (or even below average player) may look good with talent surrounding him. But I cannot think of many instances when a good player looks good when there's no talent surrounding him. It is difficult to perform well on a team that lacks talent.

I think Cody's bigger issue is that he is being forced to play a system that does not fit his style. When last season ended, Cody played in the World Championships as a winger and was an absolute stud. Fast forward to Buffalo this year. He's been on a 3rd or 4th line, expecting Flynn, Kaleta, Mitchell, or Deslauriers-type players to support him. Geez -- I wonder why he looks lost out there.

I am frustrated that he works out with Gary Roberts to get big and strong, yet he never finishes a check. But that's his game. Just as it was for Ales Kotalik, and many, many other players in the league.

I'm frustrated the Matt Ellis an Brian Flynn are still in Buffalo, and look better than Cody. They should all be riding the AHL bus next year if the Sabres expect to finish in anything other than 30th.

Edited by Woods-Racer

I'm frustrated the Matt Ellis an Brian Flynn are still in Buffalo, and look better than Cody. They should all be riding the AHL bus next year if the Sabres expect to finish in anything other than 30th.

I think you are right. Buffalo has an overabundance of 4th line players sprinkled into all 4 lines because they lack the talent to field a real team of skill players. Next year, hopefully, a lot of those marginal players are in the AHL. And players who should be performing better riding along talent will either being rejuvenated or traded.

The exchange between Woods-Racer and Qwk is priceless.

I was only funnin' ya' all by bringing up that whole nonsensical Ruff System stuff.  I think that whole thing is archived for posterity.

And as for The Clash ... my feelings on the only band that ever mattered is well documented ...

*you better leave town if you only want to knock us*

If you played Call of Duty World at War you may get this reference

I could replace Flynn with Armia and Ellis with Grigorenko tomorrow and it would make this team better.  I think your prediction of them riding the AHL bus is most likely accurate. 

I considered it too. I do wear watches from time to time, and the ring bothered me for awhile but I got used to it. It helps that I'm not "worried" about it, it's Tungsten Carbide and cost $18 on Amazon. It does seem to be un-scratchable and I haven't chipped it yet even working on cars, around the house, and knocking it against stuff at work. If I do, I'll just buy another. Maybe this (I can get away with it, I never need to attract a woman again :)):

http://www.amazon.com/Kstyle-Jewelry-Tungsten-Black-Gold/dp/B00QISBTWG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1423664430&sr=8-13&keywords=tungsten+lord+of+the+rings

How about just not wearing a wedding ring and not cheating on your wife? It's really not that hard to do.

I never equated the two, my Dad never wore his ring; he worked at the Big-G downtown and saw too many lost fingers when rings got trapped in machinery. But my wife was adamant that I would wear a ring. I resisted it, but in the end I got used to it.

Edited by MattPie

The exchange between Woods-Racer and Qwk is priceless.

I was only funnin' ya' all by bringing up that whole nonsensical Ruff System stuff.  I think that whole thing is archived for posterity.

And as for The Clash ... my feelings on the only band that ever mattered is well documented ...

*you better leave town if you only want to knock us*

AAAHH!  I see now, the Halifax Instigator, I like your style :flirt:

This is complete opposite of conventional wisdom, but I think Advanced Warfare is the best COD ever. I can't get enough of that game.

Haven't played it, is that the newest one? I haven't played them since Black Ops 2

Had you not added the bolded words, things would not have gone well for you.  I thought WaW was turrrrrible.

Really? That game had the best maps IMO. Plus the kill streaks were still the normal 3-5-7 and not the 3-4-5-6-22-85 they have now 

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.