GDT: SENATORS (20-22-9) at SABRES (16-35-3)

spndnchz

FINALLY.  Nice wrister, Myers.  More effective than the slapshot.

Yeah Myers!  Good hop by Girgensons.

That was the most excited I got for a goal in a while.  After the puck stopping on the line and the phantom goalie interference call, they really deserved that one.

I know, right?

Myers has had a very nice game tonight. Carrying the puck a lot and being patient. That's something he needs to do more.

I dunno... in the first period he looked dazed.  Doing better now though.

That might have been one of their best overall efforts of the season even if the scoring wasn't quite there. 

Not a pretty game though. But gritty. I get the feeling the motto in the locker room tonight was "be first to the puck".

First period was a -23 corsi, so not a whole game, but after that they where the better team leaving me shacking my head wondering why not a whole game.

No way that should ever even out. Nick, as much as I'm growing to love him, needs to get the extra 2.

I'm tired of watching pansies turn their backs on a hit they know is coming to try and draw a penalty. Condra saw him coming the whole way. I really think there should be a penalty for that.

that wasn't icing, Ennis was there.

That call made me more angry than the no goal BS call on Foligno.

Please don't tell me Hodson just needs some better players around him and he will be ok.

Gionta, another bad penalty...

Robyn Regehr played his two worst statistical seasons while in Buffalo. http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8467344. My point is good players will have crappy stats when they play on a crappy team.

Do you remember when Luke Adam centered Vanek and Pominville for a 10-12 game stretch? He put up crazy numbers. And when that cooled off, he dropped to lower lines, until he ended up back in the AHL, and then out of town. An average player (or even below average player) may look good with talent surrounding him. But I cannot think of many instances when a good player looks good when there's no talent surrounding him. It is difficult to perform well on a team that lacks talent.

I think Cody's bigger issue is that he is being forced to play a system that does not fit his style. When last season ended, Cody played in the World Championships as a winger and was an absolute stud. Fast forward to Buffalo this year. He's been on a 3rd or 4th line, expecting Flynn, Kaleta, Mitchell, or Deslauriers-type players to support him. Geez -- I wonder why he looks lost out there.

I am frustrated that he works out with Gary Roberts to get big and strong, yet he never finishes a check. But that's his game. Just as it was for Ales Kotalik, and many, many other players in the league.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.