Better call Saul

bunomatic

I'm guessing he does either literally or figuratively

Here's my complete guess on what happens next: Rather than going to the authorities with his recording, Chuck instead plays it for Jimmy. He will try to once again blackmail Jimmy into leaving the profession or maybe even moving far away. In true Breaking Bad form, Jimmy will counter-move and whatever he does will end up killing Chuck. Of course Kim will unfortunately get caught up in the mess and will probably die too.

Here's my complete guess on what happens next: Rather than going to the authorities with his recording, Chuck instead plays it for Jimmy. He will try to once again blackmail Jimmy into leaving the profession or maybe even moving far away. In true Breaking Bad form, Jimmy will counter-move and whatever he does will end up killing Chuck. Of course Kim will unfortunately get caught up in the mess and will probably die too.

Hmmm...I see chuck trying to get Jimmy disbarred and it somehow brings down Kim thus ending Jimmy and Kim.

Hmmm...I see chuck trying to get Jimmy disbarred and it somehow brings down Kim thus ending Jimmy and Kim.

That would definitely make the most sense, and it might play out exactly that way. I'm just thinking that a.) they have to come up with a surprising/shocking resolution to this since we will have all summer to lead up to it, and b.) we know that the future Jimmy/Saul is still legally practicing law. So if Chuck follows through and this gets Jimmy disbarred, I would doubt he'd ever be able to turn around and practice again in the same town and in such a short time span. Even with a name change.

Edited by chuck schick

Just a few thoughts, could anyone see Jimmy never becoming Saul during the show and that will be the finally to it? The series ends when Jimmy becomes Saul?

Also, I'm thinking that Kim won't get killed off, but possibly gets into trouble because of Jimmy and is forced to leave New Mexico and possible being a lawyer? Maybe this incident gets her disbarred instead of Jimmy? I could also see Chuck using the tape to get Jimmy disbarred and he somehow scams his way into a fake identity which is Saul Goodman so he can continue practicing law?

As for Mike, I'm thinking that it definitely was Nacho who put the note o. His car and rigged the horn, but he may have put someone he knows up to doing it, and that's why he was covering Hector at the house knowing Mike wasn't going to shoot him or anyone else and only wanted Hector.

Just a few thoughts, could anyone see Jimmy never becoming Saul during the show and that will be the finally to it? The series ends when Jimmy becomes Saul?

I can.

I like ink's comment about this season not being about what we thought it would be about and being fine with it. The journey, not the destination...

Always thought you were the anagram guy around here. Maybe not? ;)

(And, yes, the easy answer (& better one) is a klick = 1 km.)

Is there an anagram of Klick I am not seeing?

I think that the black and white future bits are building toward something.  My guess is that the conclusion of that story will be the end of the show.

I originally assumed the "DON'T" message was either from Gus or Nacho.  Now, I think it's from both of them.  I think Gus reached out to Nacho and that's why he was doing deals behind Tuco's back to start with.  Then when the truck robbery happened Nacho filled Gus in on Mike.

On Talking Saul, it was discussed that If you take the first letter of every season 2 episode title, it forms an anagram of 'fring's back'.

I'm thinking that Chuck will blackmail Jimmy to not use the family name in practice anymore, or else he will expose him and implicate Kim.

But would that tape be admissible as evidence in court? Any laws against recording without consent? And Jimmy could argue he said it just to make Chuck feel better. But it could be used to ruin Jimmy and Kim's reputation.

On Talking Saul, it was discussed that If you take the first letter of every season 2 episode title, it forms an anagram of 'fring's back'.

I'm thinking that Chuck will blackmail Jimmy to not use the family name in practice anymore, or else he will expose him and implicate Kim.

But would that tape be admissible as evidence in court? Any laws against recording without consent? And Jimmy could argue he said it just to make Chuck feel better. But it could be used to ruin Jimmy and Kim's reputation.

That is a pretty good theory.

Just remembered something. It was great when Jimmy got up from Chuck's bedside in the hospital to get him water and kicked the chair. It was perfect. Anyone who's been in a hospital room has done that. It's so cramped. And you're so distracted. I'd venture to guess it was an accident and they decided to leave it in, like the hummingbird who made the cameo during the scenic shot of the industrial parking lot. Moxie is in such short supply these days, but not among the people who create this awesome show.

Better Call Saul seasons 1 and 2 are so much better than Breaking Bad seasons 1 and 2 it's not even really close.

And as far as a straight up comparison, I started liking it better by episode 4 of season 1.

Clearly the writers have grown (and changed) Edited by inkman

I said from the very first episode that we are seeing the product of a creative team that could finish each other's sentences, which is what the experience of 'Breaking Bad' provided them. Plus, Gilligan isn't weighed down by the uncertainty of AMC execs deciding whether or not to renew the show for another season, like he was with 'Breaking Bad' when he had to write several series finale scenarios before season three. The team is much bolder in their choices with the freedom that complete backing from the network provides. 

I'm not surprised at all that some would say it's a better show, whatever that means. I'm content to simply enjoy both dramas on their own. 

Edited by K-9

I can't stop thinking about the finale.  The foil room is amazing.

Best set ever.

I don't know, 'Lost In Space' used a ton of tin foil back in the day. Then again, they used inverted colanders for alien hats, so what do I know. 

Seriously though, that set really underscored the lengths Chuck was willing to go to to prey on Jimmy's affection for him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.