Better call Saul

bunomatic

oooo, that reveal with Gus at the end there, though. Good stuff.

A lot of setup in this episode. That ###### w/ Nacho is going to go poorly for him, I expect.

I wonder if Nacho ends up helping Gus with the poisoning they showed in Breaking Bad.

Bleh, got my timelines messed up. I was remembering one of the flashback and thinking it had something to do with Tio becoming an invalid.

I'd actually expect the stuff w/ Nacho to go poorly for Hector. I'm expecting that pill that fell on the floor to be used to put Hector into the wheelchair.

I love how much Nacho we got! There was so much sadness on every story line tonight, except maybe Chuck's.

That last scene with Jimmy and Kim was v interesting. Why didn't Jimmy didn't wanna show the video to Kim?

Their reactions to the screening was so juicy. Jimmy was downplaying Saul as a character (just a name) while Kim was enjoying considering his energy.

I haven't watched it yet, but was this the last episode or is there still more of this season left?

Pretty sure there's 3 left as others have indicated.

If you missed any season 3 episodes, they're running a Memorial Day marathon.

New episodes resume airing the following Monday.

Pretty sure there's 3 left as others have indicated.

If you missed any season 3 episodes, they're running a Memorial Day marathon.

New episodes resume airing the following Monday.

I'm typically a day or two behind on watching them.  So I've seen everything except last night's show.  I'm at the point where I pretty much can't watch anything unless it's on the DVR.  God bless fast-forwarding through commercials.

I'm typically a day or two behind on watching them. So I've seen everything except last night's show. I'm at the point where I pretty much can't watch anything unless it's on the DVR. God bless fast-forwarding through commercials.

Kids? I watch all shows and sports on delay due to my psycho toddler.

Kids? I watch all shows and sports on delay due to my psycho toddler.

Not yet.  It's part getting home late, part hatred of commercials, and part not wanting to stay up for shows that start at 10.

Anyway, I watched it last night.  Loved the ending.  I would hope that at this point, no one watching the show actually thought Jimmy's "breakdown" was legit.  Even knowing that, it was awesome watching it play out.  I just wish I didn't have to wait a week to see where it leads.

Not yet.  It's part getting home late, part hatred of commercials, and part not wanting to stay up for shows that start at 10.

Anyway, I watched it last night.  Loved the ending.  I would hope that at this point, no one watching the show actually thought Jimmy's "breakdown" was legit.  Even knowing that, it was awesome watching it play out.  I just wish I didn't have to wait a week to see where it leads.

At the start I thought it was, but once he started talking I knew it couldn't be. Jimmy wouldn't sit there and cry in front of someone else, he'd run out.

Not yet. It's part getting home late, part hatred of commercials, and part not wanting to stay up for shows that start at 10.

Anyway, I watched it last night. Loved the ending. I would hope that at this point, no one watching the show actually thought Jimmy's "breakdown" was legit. Even knowing that, it was awesome watching it play out. I just wish I didn't have to wait a week to see where it leads.

Doing what he did was so hate fueled. He has to feel completely betrayed (not that he doesn't have a role in the scenario). He's trying to destroy his brother.

Doing what he did was so hate fueled. He has to feel completely betrayed (not that he doesn't have a role in the scenario). He's trying to destroy his brother.

He's finally reached the point that Chuck has already been at for a while now.  No matter what he has claimed, all of the stuff Chuck has done is also born out of hate.

He's finally reached the point that Chuck has already been at for a while now.  No matter what he has claimed, all of the stuff Chuck has done is also born out of hate.

If this show wasn't a pre-quel I'd be predicting it ends with both of them with their lives in the gutter, destroyed by each other. 

Oh man that was such a great final scene.

I still cried over Jimmy's ruse. Despite the fact that he was scamming, what he was saying was still coming from the truth. Some part of Jimmy is too proud to admit how much everything IS hard. He needs to buy drinks for Kim and pay for the food. He really does love his brother, and deep down it hurts Jimmy to hate Chuck. But the wounds are still so fresh and Jimmy can't let it go.

In a bizzare way, this is therapy for Jimmy. He gets to let out these complicated emotions in bouts of simplistic hatred toward his brother. Jimmy is too hardened to show this to Kim. It's a quiet kind of tragedy, how Jimmy can only get this relief while being a duplicitous bastard.

So I was a few episodes behind and got caught up over the past couple of days.  Good stuff.  

I wonder if the show's creators have decided to wrap it up maybe after next season, as it seems like the pace of the narrative towards the Breaking Bad timeline has accelerated somewhat.  Jimmy has turned the corner and is becoming Saul -- harder-hearted, more desperate, etc.  Kim has noticed it and doesn't like what she sees, presaging their breakup -- which in turn will probably bring us more Saul and less Jimmy.  Nacho seems to be getting ready to make a move on his boss, which will probably put the boss into the wheelchair (and Nacho into the ground, which is too bad, as he is a great character).

We'll see. 

So I was a few episodes behind and got caught up over the past couple of days.  Good stuff.  

I wonder if the show's creators have decided to wrap it up maybe after next season, as it seems like the pace of the narrative towards the Breaking Bad timeline has accelerated somewhat.  Jimmy has turned the corner and is becoming Saul -- harder-hearted, more desperate, etc.  Kim has noticed it and doesn't like what she sees, presaging their breakup -- which in turn will probably bring us more Saul and less Jimmy.  Nacho seems to be getting ready to make a move on his boss, which will probably put the boss into the wheelchair (and Nacho into the ground, which is too bad, as he is a great character).

We'll see. 

I think we'll eventually see a time jump. This is season 3 of BCS, Breaking Bad only had 5. BCS had 62 episodes in total, BCS will have 30 at the end of the season. Assuming they're about the same in length, which I feel is about right for this style show, we're maybe halfway through the lifecycle of this show (which is crazy to me).

I anticipate before the end of this season we'll get Jimmy into Saul's shoes as a lawyer.

Then next season will be him sliding more and more into the criminal element, losing Kim, losing himself.

Then either that season or the next  will end with him starting to work with/for WW.

Then we'll get our time jump, and we'll go fully into his life in Omaha and his attempt to redeem himself for the final season.

I think we'll eventually see a time jump. This is season 3 of BCS, Breaking Bad only had 5. BCS had 62 episodes in total, BCS will have 30 at the end of the season. Assuming they're about the same in length, which I feel is about right for this style show, we're maybe halfway through the lifecycle of this show (which is crazy to me).

I anticipate before the end of this season we'll get Jimmy into Saul's shoes as a lawyer.

Then next season will be him sliding more and more into the criminal element, losing Kim, losing himself.

Then either that season or the next  will end with him starting to work with/for WW.

Then we'll get our time jump, and we'll go fully into his life in Omaha and his attempt to redeem himself for the final season.

Good stuff.  I hadn't considered the possibility of a time jump to the post-BB period, but it makes alotta sense.

Good stuff.  I hadn't considered the possibility of a time jump to the post-BB period, but it makes alotta sense.

I go back and forth on it. I'm sure they'll spend some time in that world, but I'm not sure if it will be a full season, or just an episode or two.

I go back and forth on it. I'm sure they'll spend some time in that world, but I'm not sure if it will be a full season, or just an episode or two.

I guess one factor is that they'd need pretty much a whole new supporting cast for the post-BB period, as Mike would be gone (and his whole plot line is a huge part of the show, and often the more entertaining part) and presumably Kim, Chuck and the others are still back in ABQ.  Unless the show is getting big ratings at that point, it's hard to see them rebooting it to that degree.

I guess one factor is that they'd need pretty much a whole new supporting cast for the post-BB period, as Mike would be gone (and his whole plot line is a huge part of the show, and often the more entertaining part) and presumably Kim, Chuck and the others are still back in ABQ.  Unless the show is getting big ratings at that point, it's hard to see them rebooting it to that degree.

I can't imagine seeing any more of the present day world than what we have already.  At most, you wind up with a final scene where Jimmy (have they told us what his Cinnabun name is?) kills himself due to the boredom/depression.  So you get sort of a rise and fall feel to the whole series, just like Walter White.  I'm sure they'll come up with something more creative than suicide, but there's going to need to be something to take it a bit further than just working there.

I think we're definitely going to spend a lot more time in the black-and-white present. I think the show is going to run 5 seasons, probably 50 episodes total.

The entire 2002 plotline is made up of memories. The bright and beautiful coloration that define Jimmy's journey are an aspect of him looking back at them through the lens of his current life.

The show isn't going to have to come up with any new characters, Kim and/or Chuck are going to be a big part of whatever is happening in the present.

I think we're definitely going to spend a lot more time in the black-and-white present. I think the show is going to run 5 seasons, probably 50 episodes total.

The entire 2002 plotline is made up of memories. The bright and beautiful coloration that define Jimmy's journey are an aspect of him looking back at them through the lens of his current life.

The show isn't going to have to come up with any new characters, Kim and/or Chuck are going to be a big part of whatever is happening in the present.

Yeah, I agree in general. I think one of the two will be dead by then (my bet is on Chuck), but him trying to redeem himself in the other's eyes will be his only reason for existence.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.