Better call Saul

bunomatic

Breaking Bad is still 4-5 years away from where Jimmy is right now. The rest of Better Call Saul is going to be about Jimmy building his own personal empire, giving away pieces of himself on the way.

We know he has to fall back into the maelstrom of the Cartel plotline. When Jesse and Walt first kidnap Saul and take him to the desert, he screams "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!" I think getting involved with that is probably going to be a conscious decision. But maybe not, he might be pulled in by a desperate Nacho.

What makes me the most sure that the Cartel/Gus/Mike/Nacho thing is going to come back to Jimmy is the fact that the pilot ends with Tuco yanking him inside at gunpoint. He's probably coming back at some point as well.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Does anyone know when AMC makes the episodes available online?  We had a big storm last night and my directv lost signal a few times.  I don't even want to bother with watching my DVRed episode since I'm sure there will be a couple time skips in it.

The tension when Nacho was pullin the switch on his boss. Damn my throat constricted on that scene. I had to remind myself to breath. 

Great scene.

Also:  first appearance by SG in a legal role!

I hope it's not the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if next season were the last one.

Does anyone know when AMC makes the episodes available online?  We had a big storm last night and my directv lost signal a few times.  I don't even want to bother with watching my DVRed episode since I'm sure there will be a couple time skips in it.

I always watch them on Tuesday on lunch, so some time before noon EST on Tuesdays.

Great scene.

Also:  first appearance by SG in a legal role!

I hope it's not the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if next season were the last one.

My gut feel is 2 more seasons. Hopefully your suspiscion isn't correct.

Best show on TV by far.

Who'd'a thunk there'd be 2 shows on Monday nights worth DVR'ing? (BCS & Gotham)

My gut feel is 2 more seasons. Hopefully your suspiscion isn't correct.

Best show on TV by far.

Who'd'a thunk there'd be 2 shows on Monday nights worth DVR'ing? (BCS & Gotham)

Whoa there.

I have Fargo and GoT clearly ahead of BCS, and that's just in the 1-hour drama category.

Whoa there.

I have Fargo and GoT clearly ahead of BCS, and that's just in the 1-hour drama category.

Haven't watched GoT & this year's Fargo has been extremely disappointing. Only 1 episode IMHO was even close to season 1 or 2's quality.

Breaking Bad is still 4-5 years away from where Jimmy is right now. The rest of Better Call Saul is going to be about Jimmy building his own personal empire, giving away pieces of himself on the way.

We know he has to fall back into the maelstrom of the Cartel plotline. When Jesse and Walt first kidnap Saul and take him to the desert, he screams "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!" I think getting involved with that is probably going to be a conscious decision. But maybe not, he might be pulled in by a desperate Nacho.

What makes me the most sure that the Cartel/Gus/Mike/Nacho thing is going to come back to Jimmy is the fact that the pilot ends with Tuco yanking him inside at gunpoint. He's probably coming back at some point as well.

BCS is set in 2003. The proof is on this check.

leujvg428y1z.png

Breaking Bad was, on the most part, careful never to say exactly when it was taking place. It's got this strange touch of timelessness to it. I think some things in season 1 have 2007 written on them, but after that it's pretty much gone. It's weird that it shares a setting with Better Call Saul, where the temporality is stated and matters a whole lot more.

Breaking Bad was, on the most part, careful never to say exactly when it was taking place. It's got this strange touch of timelessness to it. I think some things in season 1 have 2007 written on them, but after that it's pretty much gone. It's weird that it shares a setting with Better Call Saul, where the temporality is stated and matters a whole lot more.

The only real indication of time in Breaking Bad is Hal...er I mean Walt's birthdays. First episode is on his 50th, last is on his 52nd. Rough two years.

The only real indication of time in Breaking Bad is Hal...er I mean Walt's birthdays. First episode is on his 50th, last is on his 52nd. Rough two years.

That's not the only indication of time.

There's spots here & there that have to be a certain date. (Give or take a day or 2.) Like how near the end of season 2, Walt ends up talking to Jane's dad in a bar & the TV in the bar is running the story about finding frozen water on Mars. That happened in June of '08.

Haven't watched GoT & this year's Fargo has been extremely disappointing. Only 1 episode IMHO was even close to season 1 or 2's quality.

GoT may have been a prestige show at one point but... yeah. Not anymore.

I agree that this season of Fargo hasn't been quite as good as the first 2 seasons, and that GoT also wasn't quite as good as prior seasons.  But both are still very good to excellent -- and if I have BCS and either of those 2 in the DVR, I'm watching Fargo or GoT.

Of course, YMMV.

That's not the only indication of time.

There's spots here & there that have to be a certain date. (Give or take a day or 2.) Like how near the end of season 2, Walt ends up talking to Jane's dad in a bar & the TV in the bar is running the story about finding frozen water on Mars. That happened in June of '08.

Wasn't there a hockey game on TV in the bar in one of the last episodes of BB that nailed down the date?

I agree that this season of Fargo hasn't been quite as good as the first 2 seasons, and that GoT also wasn't quite as good as prior seasons.  But both are still very good to excellent -- and if I have BCS and either of those 2 in the DVR, I'm watching Fargo or GoT.

Of course, YMMV.

Wasn't there a hockey game on TV in the bar in one of the last episodes of BB that nailed down the date?

Seem to recall there was but haven't gotten that far in my rewatch.

Hot damn that was an exciting episode.

Nacho's confession/warning to his father was heartbreaking.

Kim overworking herself because she doesn't know what to do about Jimmy is heartbreaking.

Chuck and Hamlin's spat was neat.

Jimmy destroying Irene's life was disgusting.

Everything is so finite. Everything good is ephemeral and dwindling.

it.

Very good episode. Very sad watching Jimmy mess w/ Irene. Been trying to place where I've seen Irene before. Was she the flight attendant for Sandpiper Air on Wings? She sounds like her but hard to say for sure 25 years later. If she is, either time or makeup have not been kind.

Separate note:

I'm wondering if at the end of next season Chuck winds up hanging himself in his closet. Binge watched some BB over the weekend suffering through a massive summer cold. When Walt told Saul about his apparent impending divorce the reply back was to the effect of "just don't hang yourself in a closet." The sort of throw away line that Gilligan seems to like to build around.

Very good episode. Very sad watching Jimmy mess w/ Irene. Been trying to place where I've seen Irene before. Was she the flight attendant for Sandpiper Air on Wings? She sounds like her but hard to say for sure 25 years later. If she is, either time or makeup have not been kind.

Separate note:

I'm wondering if at the end of next season Chuck winds up hanging himself in his closet. Binge watched some BB over the weekend suffering through a massive summer cold. When Walt told Saul about his apparent impending divorce the reply back was to the effect of "just don't hang yourself in a closet." The sort of throw away line that Gilligan seems to like to build around.

That's a chilling thought.

Separate note:

I just don't think Jimmy/Saul would be that glib over Chuck, even after everything. Maybe I'm wrong and his character really is that far gone by then, but he still, on some level, loves his brother. That would be a low shot.

I just don't think Jimmy/Saul would be that glib over Chuck, even after everything. Maybe I'm wrong and his character really is that far gone by then, but he still, on some level, loves his brother. That would be a low shot.

Or, it could be that Saul actually likes Walt (at THAT point in time) & doesn't want to see him go out the same way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.