A scary thought about the Sabres tank, and who could come back to bite us

Swedesessed

He'll help them get the most out of the UFAs they sell off.

We may have a hard time passing anybody for 29th, Oilers will be our main competition and I think they have more horsepower.

I agree that the fix may be in for Matthews next year.

Does Bettman like playing with all of those balls?

Has anyone seen or read any quotes from Darcy since he got run over by his own tank?

Don't think he's ever commented on his firing - or anything at all since that day.

Wait, what? Darcy got fired because he wanted to tank, and Terry didn't? Or he was tanking too much? Not enough? I guess I never really believed the tank was Darcy's idea, or that he was fired. I think the tank was too much for Darcy to stomach. Same for Lindy. And Millsie, Pommsie, Vansie and Ottsie.

Wait, what? Darcy got fired because he wanted to tank, and Terry didn't? Or he was tanking too much? Not enough? I guess I never really believed the tank was Darcy's idea, or that he was fired. I think the tank was too much for Darcy to stomach. Same for Lindy. And Millsie, Pommsie, Vansie and Ottsie.

You don't think that the guy who openly stated that the fans were going to have to deal with some suffering wasn't on board with tanking?

Darth Darcy is not a concern. We have Murray, he's like Anakin Skywalker without the respirator. He will bring balance to the force.

Has anyone checked GM Anakin Murray's midi-chlorian count?   I hope it is insanely high!    

In the season immediately before Regier was hired, the Coyotes had a .543 winning %.   Now, in the current season after Regier came aboard, they've dropped to .433.  

Just a coincidence I'm sure.    

You forgot Roysie and Goosesie.

You don't think that the guy who openly stated that the fans were going to have to deal with some suffering wasn't on board with tanking?

He also said near the end of the 2012-13 season, just before the suffering presser, that Terry would determine the extent of the rebuild. If Terry determined that over the summer, maybe it was more than Darcy expected when he said the following at the presser:

“You could go to the bottom of the League for five years and hope you land on a Crosby or a Malkin, or the franchise can find something “in between” tanking and rebuilding on the fly. It may require some suffering”

Darcy also talked about how the Kings rebuilt, by drafting high and then trading those players for established players.

I'm still not sure why Darcy was fired. What did he do wrong? Or right?
Edited by Yuri Testikov

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.