Main site off-line

SDS

As they say you don't know what you have till its gone. Thanks SDS . It would be pretty damn lonely going through the Sabres general suckitude without all the other sufferers on Sabrespace. Misery loves company. Like a band of brothers when we're burning up the standings and knocking other teams off like like chumps we can say we went through the hard times together.

Edited by bunomatic

As they say you don't know what you have till its gone. Thanks SDS . It would be pretty damn lonely going through the Sabres general suckitude without all the other sufferers on Sabrespace. Misery loves company. Like a band of brothers when we're burning up the standings and knocking other teams off like like chumps we can say we went through the hard times together.

I feel like the year the Sabres finally make the playoffs again we need a get together to drink and celebrate surviving this ordeal.

just saying i got high standards, when you come from a country that has more and better beers than germany even :P

That's not saying much. :) I'd venture a guess that there are *far* more beers to try in the USA than Belgium and Germany. Combined. I'm not talking about the big brewers, there are simply a ton of small brewers making great beer over here. Better will be subjective, especially as the micros in the US tend to be far more hoppy than most European brews. Don't judge US beer by what you see over there!

Our local breweries are just fine around here, European scum. :P

That's not saying much. :) I'd venture a guess that there are *far* more beers to try in the USA than Belgium and Germany. Combined. I'm not talking about the big brewers, there are simply a ton of small brewers making great beer over here. Better will be subjective, especially as the micros in the US tend to be far more hoppy than most European brews. Don't judge US beer by what you see over there!

Yeah what he said!

I appreciate the craft beer explosion in the US as much as anyone, but Heimdall is in Belgium ladies and gents. Fargin' Belgium!!! It's the Disneyland of the beer world.

Yeah, if you are dissing Belgian beer, you just have never been to Belgium.

I appreciate the craft beer explosion in the US as much as anyone, but Heimdall is in Belgium ladies and gents. Fargin' Belgium!!! It's the Disneyland of the beer world.

Yeah, if you are dissing Belgian beer, you just have never been to Belgium.

So I've had various Belgian beers (imported and American Micros in the same style), is there "more" there (porters and stouts and hops, oh my) that we don't see here because the breweries are too small, or is it variations on the Belgian Golden/Lambic theme?

So I've had various Belgian beers (imported and American Micros in the same style), is there "more" there (porters and stouts and hops, oh my) that we don't see here because the breweries are too small, or is it variations on the Belgian Golden/Lambic theme?

Alot of small breweries, hell i don't even know how many we got, its just to much :D

We've got you covered. There's a Belgian bar on Elmwood Avenue: http://bmbflo.com/the-beer/

some good ones to, and prices aren't all that bad considering

Orval for $8 , at my pub its 3€, but in cities its 5€ easy. pretty hard to get your hands on that beer over because of all the export.

Delirium tremens nice one to have, lindemans is the best of the fruit beers so that is good to :P

I like your waffles and sprouts. What do you call them there?

wafels en spruiten, but we don't eat them together :P

Now if you really want a typical belgium dish, its chicory. The region where I'm from used to be know for the best in the world.

Untill some idiots decided to show the french and dutch how to do it. Hell my village used to be known for having the best in the world.

Edited by Heimdall

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.