Main site off-line

SDS

• 2 weeks later...

Forum was upgraded to the latest stable version of the software. It was also moved to the new server. Shouldn't be a whole lot of difference on the reader end, but you'll see minor differences from time to time.

I'm hoping it runs pretty smoothly from here on out.

Forum was upgraded to the latest stable version of the software. It was also moved to the new server. Shouldn't be a whole lot of difference on the reader end, but you'll see minor differences from time to time.

Any possibility that the quote function can go back to the old one which actually showed the origination of the quote?

It looks great ... I've been offline for about a week - 10 days.

It is taking some getting used to ... the way that quotes are displayed ...

Not fond of the dots as a replacement for the Sabres logo to show graphically the number of posts ... the more logos (now dots) the more posts.

Thanks again, Scott, for all your hard work in keeping our little corner of the Internet a fun and functional place to play.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

It looks great ... I've been offline for about a week - 10 days.

It is taking some getting used to ... the way that quotes are displayed ...

Not fond of the dots as a replacement for the Sabres logo to show graphically the number of posts ... the more logos (now dots) the more posts.

Thanks again, Scott, for all your hard work in keeping our little corner of the Internet a fun and functional place to play.

logos restored. It was 3am and I know there are some finishing touches that need to be ported over, but I ran out of gas.

Any possibility that the quote function can go back to the old one which actually showed the origination of the quote?

Not sure what you are saying.

Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 10.19.34 AM.png

logos restored. It was 3am and I know there are some finishing touches that need to be ported over, but I ran out of gas.

I think I do--Taro--you're looking for that little arrow that used to be on left of the quote box, next to the user's name?  It's moved to the far right of the top of the quote box.

If you meant something else, pardon the interruption...

Edited by Eleven

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-01-24 at 10.19.34 AM.png

What I'm saying is that on my tablet that I am viewing this on, the 'quote' box displays in the edit post box, but then doesn't show up when actually posted.

Older posts, predating this latest upgrade show quote boxes. Those since the transition simply display the text. No quote boxes shown, which makes everything run on on itself. I'll see if I can get a screen capture for you.

Try toggling themes.

Bottom left hand corner. Go to IP.Board theme. Read, post, then go back...

I'd already tried to do that.

Clicking the 'Change Theme' automatically scrolls back to the top of the page.

For what it's worth, the site works fine on my Blackberry.

[Edit: And 'Use Mobile Version' does the same thing on the Galaxy.]

Edited by Taro T

I think clearing browser cache clears everything up.

Nope. But it was a logical expectation.

If it's any consolation, TSW is even more unreadable as the user info that's normally in a box to the left of a post is jumbled in with the rest of the post. This site is difficult to view posts; that one is almost unviewable.

[Edit: just rechecked ppp, and on that site, quote boxes are visible, though poster name and date/timestamp aren't showing in the quote box. Not sure what caused that change, but that is the way that site was working on this tablet yesterday.

Edited by Taro T

You da man!

It's fixed!

Thanks.

The fixes worked on your main board as well.

Please try over at TSW and see if that is fixed. I just went through the same series of template and CSS rebuilding as well as clearing cache etc.

You da man!

It's fixed!

Thanks.

The fixes worked on your main board as well.

Main board?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.