Main site off-line

SDS

I'm going to miss not being able to cut a quoted post up to reply to separate blocks, but that's not that big of a deal. (Further explanation: If someone writes two paragraphs on different subjects (or whatever) it was nice to be able to put in an extra /quote and quote tag so you could reply directly under the first paragraph. See the tags in the quoted test above)

Like this?

I'm going to miss not being able to cut a quoted post up to reply to separate blocks, but that's not that big of a deal. (Further explanation: If someone writes two paragraphs on different subjects (or whatever) it was nice to be able to put in an extra /quote and quote tag so you could reply directly under the first paragraph. See the tags in the quoted test above)

Nevermind, that looks like ######   :lol:

Works for me...

Not what I meant. If Matt's talking about the same thing I am, we mean breaking up someone's quote into different parts so you can respond to them, not multi-quoting them on separate instances

It depends on where you type up your responses, but you can still cut up posts like that. It's a little more tricky if you use the quick post box at the bottom of the screen. If you use that, you need to click the "More Reply Options" button. With that, it will open up a new page that give you the full tool bar. If you usually respond by hitting the "Quote" button on the post, that will take you to the same window.

When you get to the window which does have the toolbar, you will want to hit the icon in the top left corner which if you hover your mouse over it will read "BBCode Mode". If you click on that button, the post will show up in the old way with the quote tags. Then you can cut up the post like you would have before.

I have a good one. If I hit the quote button to respond to someone, I can't use option+; to make an ellipsis (or any other symbol that requires the option key). BUT, if I just type in the reply box without a quote I can. OR if I just type in the reply box, then quote someone, I can.

Just thought I would share cuz it's kinda funny.

It depends on where you type up your responses, but you can still cut up posts like that. It's a little more tricky if you use the quick post box at the bottom of the screen. If you use that, you need to click the "More Reply Options" button. With that, it will open up a new page that give you the full tool bar. If you usually respond by hitting the "Quote" button on the post, that will take you to the same window.

That sounds way involved...

When you get to the window which does have the toolbar, you will want to hit the icon in the top left corner which if you hover your mouse over it will read "BBCode Mode". If you click on that button, the post will show up in the old way with the quote tags. Then you can cut up the post like you would have before.

But nearly as involved when you actually do it. Thanks!

Actually, I see when I reply that the BBcode mode icon (the little grey light switch) is active in quick reply as well, so it's just a matter of hitting it on each post when you need it. Actually, now that I'm looking at it it might be that the setting is "sticky" and since I activated it once it stays on since it's already on for this post too (this is a second reply that'll likely get rolled into the previous one).

Edited by MattPie

Actually, I see when I reply that the BBcode mode icon (the little grey light switch) is active in quick reply as well, so it's just a matter of hitting it on each post when you need it. Actually, now that I'm looking at it it might be that the setting is "sticky" and since I activated it once it stays on since it's already on for this post too (this is a second reply that'll likely get rolled into the previous one).

So you're good?

Anonymous hacked the site. Payback for all the R/R years. Seriously though, I'm OK on a computer but does this site normally glitch. Seems like these issues are not long after the site recently went down.

I don't know what "glitch" means in this case.

I have a good one. If I hit the quote button to respond to someone, I can't use option+; to make an ellipsis (or any other symbol that requires the option key). BUT, if I just type in the reply box without a quote I can. OR if I just type in the reply box, then quote someone, I can.

Just thought I would share cuz it's kinda funny.

Who let this freak show in here?

My description just sucks, which is why it probably sounded too involved.

This

Works.

Thanks Shrader  :worthy:

That is someone's cache. Those images are no longer in that directory. The fact that you are getting that means you are trying to display old code.

Yes, I know and from my experience working with other forum software, often times the templates get cached on the server side and you have to clear those out before the clients see the changes. Since I cleared my browser cache and it still didn't work, I figured that might be the problem and made a nice detailed post for you.

Edited by skaught

Thanks Shrader  :worthy:

I just noticed one problem with the solution I offered. Hitting that "BBCode Mode" button deactivates all of the other buttons on the tool bar. It wants you to type in the code for anything like bold font or smilies instead of just hitting the buttons. I guess the only way around that is to turn that "BBCode Mode" on and off at will if you want to use some of the other buttons in the toolbar.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.