GDT: Sabres @ Lightning, 1/9/2015 - 7:30pm MSG

LGR4GM

It's amazing how devoid of NHL talent this gdam team really is. 27 shots against in the second? Out scored 17-5 in the last four games? This it total BS!! Tank or no tank. In mad as hell and every fan should be too. &$%#!!

Yeah. This has been a couple years of pure BS. Don't plan on next year being a hell of a lot better.

It actually was somewhat watchable!

I missed the first period, with the even corsi, and without seeing that at the beginning this was probably the most unwatchable game I've seen all year, I'm still pissed.

Bleh.

It's amazing how devoid of NHL talent this gdam team really is. 27 shots against in the second? Out scored 17-5 in the last four games? This it total BS!! Tank or no tank. In mad as hell and every fan should be too. &$%#!!

quoted for truth.

It's not even watchable. And, it certainly feels like this was all engineered by the top of the organization. They are oddly silent.

I have 1/2 season tickets to the Preds who lead the entire NHL so far this year. The contrast between the two teams is stunning. They're playing completely different games. The Preds are playing at twice the speed of the Sabres. The Sabres can't even complete basic passing plays.

Exactly and it won't get better for a few more years.....

Neuvirth said, "If you try to score tonight, you'll meet an army of me." It's too bad he didn't get the win.

Varone looks legit.

I didn't feel like I wasted 3 hours last night. That's somethin', I guess.

Edited by SwampD

I missed the first period, with the even corsi, and without seeing that at the beginning this was probably the most unwatchable game I've seen all year, I'm still pissed.

Bleh.

Clearly you missed Thursday night's game in Carolina.

Did you miss the rest of this week?

^This.

In the post game, Brian Duff and Brad May were talking about how the Sabres played better.

Really? The Sabres were a MINUS 26 in shot differential. That is just mind-bogglingly bad. The puck spent most of the game in Buffalo's zone. The only Sabre who was playing "better" was Neuvirth - he played a career game last night. 45 saves!

Neuvirth's glove save in the 2nd period when both the goal light and the horn sounded - that may be the best glove save I've ever seen.

An average performance by an average goalie last night - and Tampa wins 6-1, or 7-1.

But to suggest the team was somehow 'playing better' - RIDICULOUS and not supported by the numbers.

Clearly you missed Thursday night's game in Carolina.

^This.

Yea I answered him, I only saw about half of the third of that one. I think what I was seeing last night was subjective because of all of the losses weighing on top of that. Combined with the fact that Tampa plays sick hockey, and were making us look like utter fools, it made it pretty rough for me to watch. That stretch with Drouin dropping it to whomever who got it to Stamkos in the slot quickly at the end of the third, that was so embarrassing. They were playing with us the whole time after the first. Seemed like they spent 5 minutes at a time in our zone. Carolina doesn't have nearly the skill to do that to us, though our effort in Carolina was much worse. That's what made it look so bad to me.

Yea I answered him, I only saw about half of the third of that one. I think what I was seeing last night was subjective because of all of the losses weighing on top of that. Combined with the fact that Tampa plays sick hockey, and were making us look like utter fools, it made it pretty rough for me to watch. That stretch with Drouin dropping it to whomever who got it to Stamkos in the slot quickly at the end of the third, that was so embarrassing. They were playing with us the whole time after the first. Seemed like they spent 5 minutes at a time in our zone. Carolina doesn't have nearly the skill to do that to us, though our effort in Carolina was much worse. That's what made it look so bad to me.

Yeah the third was bad... I missed the first but the second was decent in comparison to Thursday night.

Yeah the third was bad... I missed the first but the second was decent in comparison to Thursday night.

I just can't wait until we can play like Tampa can. It seems like our prospect system is similar to what theirs was a few years back, so hopefully while they're still good we can have some epic games, imagine two teams of their skill going at it and us having real emotional interest!

I just can't wait until we can play like Tampa can. It seems like our prospect system is similar to what theirs was a few years back, so hopefully while they're still good we can have some epic games, imagine two teams of their skill going at it and us having real emotional interest!

Agreed; watching the juniors games earlier in the week was a stark reminder of just how far the Sabres have to go.

Hope you can wait unitl 2018 for that. It will be around 2-3 more seasons before we reach the critical and continually influx of young talent onto the roster needed for that.

Hope you can wait unitl 2018 for that. It will be around 2-3 more seasons before we reach the critical and continually influx of young talent onto the roster needed for that.

After the game was over I watched the post game interviews on the local feed. They first interviewed Druin and then Stamkos. Both wearing t-shirts. It was amazing the difference in a 19 year old and 24 year old body. Druin was still a kid - Stamkos a man. Since Stamkos was drafted he must have put on 15-25lbs of muscle.

When I saw him i thought of Samson and how its just going to take time.

After the game was over I watched the post game interviews on the local feed. They first interviewed Druin and then Stamkos. Both wearing t-shirts. It was amazing the difference in a 19 year old and 24 year old body. Druin was still a kid - Stamkos a man. Since Stamkos was drafted he must have put on 15-25lbs of muscle.

When I saw him i thought of Samson and how its just going to take time.

That's a good thing to notice.

Not only are the kids not done growing (even Myers grew more than an inch since being drafted), the training regiments, coaching pressures, and lifestyles change so drastically from juniors to pro that it's no wonder that they considerably change physically, mentally, and emotionally. And it understandably takes time.

The best thing to do for Samson, and really all of the kids, is compare him to his peers. He wrecked it at the WJC. And Risto and Zad, compared with many first rounders from 2013, are ripping it up pretty good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.