Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I'm not sure I'm on it now. At all. The only Jets coach in recent memory that I'd like even less as HC of the Bills is Rich Kotite. My current opinion of Ryan is that he is a foul-mouthed idiot, an idiot who provided a lot of embarrassing off the field moments for the Jets in his tenure.

I don't remember if it was Physics or PhD, but one of those gentlemen mentioned in reply to one of my posts a couple weeks back is that the best option for the Bills was to find the next great coach - like a Harbaugh before he made a name as HC, or a Belichick, or a Parsells. Find the NEW talent, who will emerge as a great HC.

Instead of this, the Bills instead went for a long term deal (5 years) with a nationally known commodity. For some reason I see Brandon's hand in that thought process. An 'unknown' with potential to be the next big-name coach doesn't generate marketing 'buzz'.

Or maybe I'm just too cynical and suspicious of Brandon. It might instead just be the inevitable outcome of 'Designed by Committee'.

Hey, if Ryan takes the Bills to 10-6 or 11-5 next season, I'll be the first to recant.

I don't know if it was me this time, but I very much believe in finding the next great coach. This is why I've been fighting an internal battle with myself trying to figure out why I wanted Ryan so bad. Ultimately I look at it this way: we probably have about 3 years to win something with this defense before the cap and age of a few key players necessitates major change. What are the chances we find a great QB on that time frame? Not too good, in my estimation.

So the question the turns to how do you win without a great QB in the next few years? With an overpowering defense. In my view, Ryan is the best defensive coordinator in the league, so he's a perfect fit for where this team is at right now. And if we happen to get lucky on a QB? Well, Ryan got to consecutive AFC title games with Mark Sanchez...I'd imagine he would be just fine with an upper echelon signal caller.

On a less football oriented note, I've always liked Ryan. I think he's entertaining while still being respectful in the media and I just dig his bravado and brash nature. "I didn't come here to kiss Belichick's rings" is still one of my favorite lines by any coach.

Having said all of that, I think the OC hire will be crucial. Here's hoping he gets it right.

I don't really know how I feel yet. I think Rex is a good coach. If this means Mark Sanchez will be our QB then I'll be pissed.

Greg Roman will be our offensive coordinator. He likes a rugged running game but we don't have a rugged back (no not Anthony Dixon. He can't be relied on more than like ten carries a game).

I don't really know how I feel yet. I think Rex is a good coach. If this means Mark Sanchez will be our QB then I'll be pissed.

Greg Roman will be our offensive coordinator. He likes a rugged running game but we don't have a rugged back (no not Anthony Dixon. He can't be relied on more than like ten carries a game).

TODD GURLEY!!!!!!!!!

The analytics people will explode if a year after trading an extra number 1 for a WR they use a premium pick on a RB. On top of that, this year is supposed to be to RB's what last yewar was to WR.

So will the non-analytics people.

So would the common sense people.

Beat me to it.

I keep thinking about GoDD's joke about Kim wearing sandals at the interview.

GO BILLS!!!

You could have won a lot of money from me. I didn't take Pegula for someone who would be willing to hire Ryan. Rex's personality and actions match mine about 99%.....although I would not get a lap band, my teeth capped, and a spray on tan. That's the only thing that scares me about him.....he was a ZFG kind of guy when he was at his best, then went all fat guy metro, and has had a poor record since. I think he needs to reverse that lap band, and eat some GD'm chicken wings.......

If you asked me 5 years ago who i would want as coach, I'd say Ryan. Now, he is still a top 10 guy to me, and better than trying with an unknown who may have ridden other coattails....but I'm a little nervous with the personality match. The players will love him, but I don't know what happens if things get rocky and he shoots his mouth off at a podium. We saw Ted Nolan have to backtrack.....I don't think Rex is capable of a filter to that level.

With Roman as OC.....there better be no way EJ is the QB. Sadly, Orton should have held on a little while because I think he would have been the perfect guy for this crew for 1 more year.

Isn't that just message board speculation at this point?

Which part? Ryan or Sanchez? If you mean Ryan: no, he's our coach now (pending official announcement). On Sanchez: kind of. He still has a tattoo of his wife wearing a Sanchez jersey.

Also: Greg Roman might be the only coordinator in the league that was chastised more than Hackett this season.

Edited by Tank

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.