Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I disagree with any notion insinuating "most teams don't have good QBs" or that this idea excuses the atrocity that is and has been the Bills QB situation for what feels like eternity.

By my count 18 teams (MIA, NE, BAL, PIT, IND, DEN, KC, SD, DAL, NYG, CHI, DET, GB, ATL, CAR, NO, ARI, SEA) have what you can definitively call "good" QBs. CIN, JAX, TEN, OAK, PHI, MIN, TB, STL and SF all have QBs that are either debatable or potential long-term solutions in place.

That leaves BUF, NYJ, CLE, HOU and WAS as definitively bad QB situations. 5/32.

Just my two cents. There is no excusing this ongoing situation.

I disagree with any notion insinuating "most teams don't have good QBs" or that this idea excuses the atrocity that is and has been the Bills QB situation for what feels like eternity.

By my count 18 teams (MIA, NE, BAL, PIT, IND, DEN, KC, SD, DAL, NYG, CHI, DET, GB, ATL, CAR, NO, ARI, SEA) have what you can definitively call "good" QBs. CIN, JAX, TEN, OAK, PHI, MIN, TB, STL and SF all have QBs that are either debatable or potential long-term solutions in place.

That leaves BUF, NYJ, CLE, HOU and WAS as definitively bad QB situations. 5/32.

Just my two cents. There is no excusing this ongoing situation.

I wasn't excusing the Bills, I was picking on Whiskey.

And MIA, KC, CHI, DAL, and ARI don't have good QBs.  I know Romo is good during weeks 1-12 of the regular season.

Edited by immerman

And MIA, KC, CHI, DAL, and ARI don't have good QBs.  I know Romo is good during weeks 1-12 of the regular season.

At the risk of drawing Eleven's ire, if you don't think Romo is a good QB, you simply haven't been paying attention.

GO BILLS!!!

I usually agree with you immerman, but Hoss is right here. All of those teams have "good QB's". And I'd argue Romo is elite and Tannehill good very well become elite himself; this year is a defining season for him. 

I am interested that he doesn't have Dalton in his list of good QB's however, seeing as, IMO he's done more than Tannehill 

Edited by WildCard

I usually agree with you immerman, but Hoss is right here. All of those teams have "good QB's". And I'd argue Romo is elite and Tannehill good very well become elite himself; this year is a defining season for him.

I am interested that he doesn't have Dalton in his list of good QB's however, seeing as, IMO he's done more than Tannehill

If you think Dalton is good your right to have QB opinions is officially revoked.

Out of this list, I would put MIA and DAL in the "good" pile. Carson started off great last year but I think we all know the status quo on him now. Alex Smith is the definition of mediocre in my eyes and it's too bad Cutler wouldn't waste his "elite" talent with poor drive and leadership.

If you think Dalton is good your right to have QB opinions is officially revoked.

While I agree with you, that is a pretty bad argument to make... "If you don't agree with me then you can't have a voice!"

I don't think Rex wants the job. I think he's using us as leverage for Atlanta and/or ESPN.

Interesting about Atlanta, tho I'm pretty sure he didn't need to take another job to be attractive to ESPN.  

BTW... Dear Seasoned vet,

How do prediction threads fare on this site?  I'm thinking of starting one (I REALLY LOVE PREDICTIONS) but won't if there is no market for it.

While I agree with you, that is a pretty bad argument to make... "If you don't agree with me then you can't have a voice!"

I'm sure WildCard's sense of humor is attuned to get it ;)

Yeah, that's missing a verb somewhere. You get the point.

I think he's pretty average. He hasn't taken the fins anywhere and I don't think he will.

He's absolutely average.

5th in completions

5th in completion percentage

11th in yards

13th in TDs

I get it. He's a division rival QB who struggles against one of the best defenses in the league when he plays them. It's hard to be unbiased, but Ryan Tannehill is definitively good. And he's likely only going to get better if his o-line isn't terrible.

Ryan Tannehill would be the best QB we've had since JK. That's not saying much but it's still the truth, in my opinion.

And Alex Smith isn't mediocre. He's one of the best game managers the game has ever seen. He excels at making plays when the team needs them, will win games occasionally when needed and knows when to play it safe. One of the smartest QBs in the league. He's nothing to get excited about, but he has led a team to a Super Bowl after one of the most exciting performances I've ever seen in a playoff game.

Smith led two drives of over 80 yards for TDs in the final 4 minutes of this game.

It's like we're so used to bad QBs that we have no idea what a good one looks like unless they're all over the front page of ESPN every week.

Edited by Hoss

5th in completions

5th in completion percentage

11th in yards

13th in TDs

I get it. He's a division rival QB who struggles against one of the best defenses in the league when he plays them. It's hard to be unbiased, but Ryan Tannehill is definitively good. And he's likely only going to get better if his o-line isn't terrible.

Ryan Tannehill would be the best QB we've had since JK. That's not saying much but it's still the truth, in my opinion.

And Alex Smith isn't mediocre. He's one of the best game managers the game has ever seen. He excels at making plays when the team needs them, will win games occasionally when needed and knows when to play it safe. One of the smartest QBs in the league. He's nothing to get excited about, but he has led a team to a Super Bowl after one of the most exciting performances I've ever seen in a playoff game.

Smith led two drives of over 80 yards for TDs in the final 4 minutes of this game.

It's like we're so used to bad QBs that we have no idea what a good one looks like unless they're all over the front page of ESPN every week.

5th in completions and 11th in yardage MIGHT have something to do w/ a high completion %age. Just sayin'. ;)

5th in completions and 11th in yardage MIGHT have something to do w/ a high completion %age. Just sayin'. ;)

Yea, he had a ton of weapons to work with.

So Alex Smith, is a lock, first ballot hall of famer?

You don't go to the HOF as a game manager.

Yea, he had a ton of weapons to work with.

You don't go to the HOF as a game manager.

If you're "the best game manager the game has ever seen" where exactly do you go then?

Edited by wjag

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.