Jack Edwards loses it

PromoTheRobot

Be sure to watch that vid posted by Swipe in the comments ("Boston announcers biased to the point of insanity"). Lucic is getting his asch handed to him, but pencil neck Edwards is apparently watching some other fight in Imaginationland.

Jack Edwards is an embarrassment . During that fight sequence Lucic was throwing overhand shots and rarely connecting when out of the blue Edwards screams ' and an uppercut ' when clearly he was still throwing overhand. What fight was he watching ? I'm not sure if that feed is heard on Radio as well but it certainly doesn't give a true breakdown of the game when an idiot like Edwards calls it. The fact that Bruins fans are embarrassed by this clown ( I know more than a few ) says it all. I'd rather listen to a dentists drill.

It's like the Geico commercial, "Everyone knows Jack Edwards is an hysterical idiot...". That's not news.

The unfortunate thing is that his color analyst on NESN, Andy Brickley, used to counterbalance him a little. Not any more, as he's become almost as pathetic a homer for the Bruins as Edwards.

They are unlistenable, so I mute the sound and enjoy watching much more!

It's like the Geico commercial, "Everyone knows Jack Edwards is an hysterical idiot...". That's not news.

The unfortunate thing is that his color analyst on NESN, Andy Brickley, used to counterbalance him a little. Not any more, as he's become almost as pathetic a homer for the Bruins as Edwards.

They are unlistenable, so I mute the sound and enjoy watching much more!

What's interesting about Brickley is that when he's doing a Bruins telecast that's being broadcast over another network, his objectivity magically returns. When he's doing a NESN broadcast, he's a total homer. What a lousy standard for a network to adhere to. It diminishes their professionalism.

GO SABRES!!!

Loved how Lucic gets hit. I find it strange that Edwards considers being down by 3 with 20 minutes left as virtually putting the game away. Way to show faith in your own team. Anyone else think he looks like Minkus from boy meets world?

To be fair, they have only played the Islanders one time this season.

There were times during the 2005-2007 seasons where RJ was prone to not dissimilar meltdowns on behalf of his beloved and Cup-contending Sabres.

I'm not saying Rick was at Edwards' level, but he could at times get within range. The key difference between the two announcers, I think, is that Edwards is, at bottom, a pencil necked neomaxizoomdweebie. By the time he was capable of going full homer, RJ was well-deserved hockey royalty who'd seen it all, and was a cool dude to boot.

My point being: just about every local NHL broadcast wants its broadcast team to be homers -- Edwards just represents the furthest outpost of the style.

I agree with Aud...RJ has been homer-like many times, as well as many other teams' broadcasters. Seriously, why shouldn't they be?

Edwards just takes it to a whole new level. He's probably still having nightmares about that.

There was a brief moment where it sounded like Brickley let out an uncomfortable laugh, too. I just wonder if he was annoyed with Edwards' never-ending rant.

Thanks, B-Dub.

I should add: There was a point where I often found Edwards entertaining. He's past that point now -- too much of a caricature.

I can listen to him. With CI, I routinely listen to the other team's broadcast. I already know a lot about the Sabres. I like to hear what other team's think and a different perspective. I find it helps my fantasy hockey knowledge too. Besides, I find listening to Razor a bit tiring. Edwards is okay most days. I don't think his initial assessment is wrong. I was actually watching that game and remember the play. I was listening to the Jackets broadcast though and they didn't pick up on it. I remember the play though because the puck was gone for a noticeable amount of time and then it reappeared right in front of the goal. None of the players reacted like it was out of play. Usually they immediately point and in this case, they didn't

If that's how he reacts to a puck off the mesh during a mid-season game, imagine what he would have done with a puck through the side of the net during a playoff game, or a foot in the crease to decide the Stanley Cup champion. I think his head may have exploded.

I'm with Aud, I used to think he was hilarious. Now he's just tiresome.

If that's how he reacts to a puck off the mesh during a mid-season game, imagine what he would have done with a puck through the side of the net during a playoff game, or a foot in the crease to decide the Stanley Cup champion. I think his head may have exploded.

Excellent point.

Did the Buffalo broadcast team have contemporaneous knowledge of either of those incidents? I watched the Flyers game on tee-vee, but don't recall. As for No Goal, I was at the arena, and it wasn't until I was on my way out that I started to hear a few people (standing near TVs in the concourse) screaming about how Hull's foot was in the crease.

Excellent point.

Did the Buffalo broadcast team have contemporaneous knowledge of either of those incidents? I watched the Flyers game on tee-vee, but don't recall. As for No Goal, I was at the arena, and it wasn't until I was on my way out that I started to hear a few people (standing near TVs in the concourse) screaming about how Hull's foot was in the crease.

No Goal II, no. They came back from commercial a few minutes later and showed it. No Goal, the Mothership, of course would have been radio only. I've actually never heard Rick's call of the goal, let alone the whole sequence. Both situations, I believe, escaped all attention at the outset. Dom certainly didn't raise a ruckus, although Dixon Ward, IIRC, tried to say after the Philly game he knew it had gone in through the side of the net.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.