Happy Tanksgiving!

SwampD

Hopefully next year we are Thankful for the great player the Sabres were able to draft as a result of us putting up with this ###### for the past couple seasons

To paraphrase Maggie, this is no time to go wobbly Tim.

I will be sooooo glad when this season is done.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

I'm so full. Port wine was a good choice.

You guys are great.

Carry on.

Port, port?

To paraphrase Dennis, #### that ####, shiraz and malbec baby.

Happy Thanksgiving.

This year, I am thankful for all the Professionals who dedicate their careers to Childhood Early Intervention. Last Thanksgiving was the final straw that pushed us to get Ollie tested for ASD. The entire day was a disaster and he was very clearly confused and afraid and hurting. One year later, thanks to all the wonderful people who have help give both him and his parents the tools to deal with this crazy ass disorder, he was able to attend the family dinner, sit at the table, and take timeouts on his own to calm down when he felt overwhelmed. I know the results very wildly, but today, for us, I cannot help but be grateful.

All the best to all of Sabrespace.

Happy Thanksgiving.

This year, I am thankful for all the Professionals who dedicate their careers to Childhood Early Intervention. Last Thanksgiving was the final straw that pushed us to get Ollie tested for ASD. The entire day was a disaster and he was very clearly confused and afraid and hurting. One year later, thanks to all the wonderful people who have help give both him and his parents the tools to deal with this crazy ass disorder, he was able to attend the family dinner, sit at the table, and take timeouts on his own to calm down when he felt overwhelmed. I know the results very wildly, but today, for us, I cannot help but be grateful.

Good for him. I truly hope he gets to be a 'normal' kid. I've coached several kids on the spectrum in several sports; in my experience, they're awesome. Your story is fantastic. Hopefully it continues.

Happy Thanksgiving.

:thumbsup:

Awesome.

Happy Thanksgiving all. I am really full but returning to the fridge later tonight.

How was everyone's feast?

I made stuffing for the first time this year and stuffed the bird with it. Between the crumbled sausage and the juices from the bird, the stuffing was great.

Store-bought pies were solid but not as good as homemade.

Happy Thanksgiving.

One of the better Thanksgivings on record. Good food. Good drink. A fire. Some football. No travel. EDM got at least one point.

Good stuff GCOE.

And Taro, we call "normal" kids "tippies" (short for typical, and we hate them all :lol: )

One of the better Thanksgivings on record. Good food. Good drink. A fire. Some football. No travel. EDM got at least one point.

Good stuff GCOE.

And Taro, we call "normal" kids "tippies" (short for typical, and we hate them all :lol: )

So we had another child after Ollie, and he's a tippy. I always laugh when he starts doing something at a typically appropriate age, because I usually forget that kids do things like follow verbal commands, say the names of people in the room, play appropriately with toys, etc. I can't say I "hate" tippies, but i am constantly dumbfounded by them :)

Good stuff GCOE.

Yeah, I knew there was a reason I hated you. :P :lol:

I still hope when your daughter starts joining activities she gets coaches that understand her issues.

I'm thankful for making it home safe. I don't know who ordered this snow, but it sure made a lot of people thankless this evening if my drive home was any indication.

And, nfreeman, I want the sausage stuffing recipe. Can't believe I hadn't thought of that before. My wife makes a stuffing with nuts and raisins (and bacon when she's in the mood) which is very tasty, but something tells me I have to try the sausage.

Edited by sizzlemeister

And, nfreeman, I want the sausage stuffing recipe. Can't believe I hadn't thought of that before. My wife makes a stuffing with nuts and raisins (and bacon when she's in the mood) which is very tasty, but something tells me I have to try the sausage.

There's stuffing without sausage?

I tried out two new things this year. I made some pumpkin soup (pumpkin, onion (barely noticable), rosemary, sage, thyme, cinnamon, etc.) which I didn't think worked on Wednesday, but got better overnight and went over well at in-law dinner. Score! I also made what would best be described as "vegetarian thanksgiving meatloaf". Now before you run for the hills, it turned out as something with the consistency of meatloaf but tastes like stuffing. That's pretty awesome and my vegetarian wife loved it.

There's stuffing without sausage?

I tried out two new things this year. I made some pumpkin soup (pumpkin, onion (barely noticable), rosemary, sage, thyme, cinnamon, etc.) which I didn't think worked on Wednesday, but got better overnight and went over well at in-law dinner. Score! I also made what would best be described as "vegetarian thanksgiving meatloaf". Now before you run for the hills, it turned out as something with the consistency of meatloaf but tastes like stuffing. That's pretty awesome and my vegetarian wife loved it.

I make a chipotle squash soup every year as a Thanksgiving first course. 50/50 turkey stock and roasted squash of your choice (I prefer acorn for this), sauteed onions, carrots, and celery, salt, pepper, brown sugar, and chipotle chili powder to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes, hit it with a stick blender or put it in a counter top blender to process until smooth, back on the burner and add a couple Tbls of sour cream, and 1 Tbls of chopped fresh sage.

Pretty simple -- just squeeze whatever kind of sausage you prefer out of the casing and cook it separately in a pan. While cooking, use the cooking utensil to break it up into small pieces. Then add to the rest of the stuffing mixture before baking. My stuffing mixture was the pre-made stuffing croutons, plus sauteed onions in melted butter, chicken broth, a couple of eggs and seasoning (salt, pepper, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme).

I used a pretty bland chicken sausage, partially because it's what we had in the freezer and partially because I didn't think a spicy or strong-flavored sausage would mesh well with the Thanksgiving meal, but your mileage may vary.

Enjoy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.