Do they cancel the Sabres/Sharks tomorrow? Nope.

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Here's a webcam on Elmwood Avenue that shows the "killer snowstorm""

http://gobefore.me/cams/panos_on_elmwood/

Um ya, I will be very surprised if this doesn't turn out to be a killer storm. The amazing thing about lake effect a few miles makes all the difference. I have three feet going on four and I think and at the airport they have a few inches and it's only about four miles. Can't even see my car in the driveway! Godd, my tickets are on stubhub. I'm still holding out though, I want $40 lol

Well, that was an ugly commute home.

You live out nearish to Geneseo, right? You probably drove home in what I did, just the opposite way. I left campus at 8:30 and got home at 10:45, with a really long stretch of 10-15mph because of no visibility at all. Some people who were smarter than I pulled off into empty parking lots to wait it out. I consider myself fortunate to have gotten home safely, driving definitely wasn't my best idea ever.

My parents in Lancaster have about 4 feet

post-1361-0-99666600-1416322950_thumb.jpg

I'm in Cheektowaga very close to Lancaster, and I can confirm it's about 4 feet right now. And yes, that's without drifting.

Same thing here TrueBlue. Stayed at the GF's last night Cheek./Lancaster border. Figured I would snowblow first thing around 6am. Took one look and went back to bed. Has to be 4ft now and no signs of letting up. Office closed today anyway. At my house near Cleveland Hill nothing but a couple inches.

Edited by Rico7

My favorite part is that UB is open, but all the roads that lead to UB are closed. I have to drive from Rochester but the thruway is closed and half the towns on any back-road routes have travel bans. So yeah...

Northern route shoudl get you there, no? 31 into Lockport and down Millersport. Or is Millersport closed?

Northern route shoudl get you there, no? 31 into Lockport and down Millersport. Or is Millersport closed?

I could probably do that. But what a pain in the ass. It's not worth the gas to go that far out of the way today. I'm waiting till tomorrow morning. Hopefully things will be under control by then.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.