Idea - ONE BUFFALO uniform change

Robviously

Now that the Pegulas own both of Buffalo's pro sports teams (and our hearts), is there any reason they can't make "One Buffalo" a real thing aesthetically?

When I was a kid, the Bills and the Sabres both had blue as their primary color. And as far as I could tell, it was the *SAME* royal blue. And that was cool because everyone had blue jackets, jerseys, t-shirts, etc., and it all basically matched. We accidentally were "One Buffalo."

Then the late 90's happened. The Sabres lost their minds and switched to black, red, and silver. The Bills waited until 2002 and then they decided they wanted to be navy blue and red and silver and royal blue (and terrible).

A few years, and one Banana Slug, later the Sabres moved back to their original logo (sort of) and to a midnight blue and gold. The Bills mercifully made royal blue their primary again and relegated navy blue to the outline of the numbers.

Wouldn't it be cool if the two teams adopted an identical blue as their primary? And the City of Buffalo essentially adopted an official color?

We already have a head start with our city flag, which is a "bright" navy blue (could easily pass for royal blue):

2x3BUFFALOCITY-2.jpg

(Yes, this would also look awesome as a shoulder patch for both teams.)

This would be a really minor change for the Bills and a huge improvement for the Sabres. I'm tired of the Sabres looking like the Night's Watch on my HDTV. And it'd be cool to have our sports teams match again for the first time in ~20 years.

I've always liked the idea if the Bills becoming blue and gold, as well. Because it's cool when a place like Pittsburgh has city colors for their teams.

But I know that won't happen. I'm just sick of everybody being red white and blue.

But yes, please get the teams on the same page for the blue. And less silver.

I've always liked the idea if the Bills becoming blue and gold, as well. Because it's cool when a place like Pittsburgh has city colors for their teams.

But I know that won't happen. I'm just sick of everybody being red white and blue.

But yes, please get the teams on the same page for the blue. And less silver.

Only if by "less silver" you mean "NO silver." It looks terrible on both teams.

Now that the Pegulas own both of Buffalo's pro sports teams (and our hearts), is there any reason they can't make "One Buffalo" a real thing aesthetically?

When I was a kid, the Bills and the Sabres both had blue as their primary color. And as far as I could tell, it was the *SAME* royal blue. And that was cool because everyone had blue jackets, jerseys, t-shirts, etc., and it all basically matched. We accidentally were "One Buffalo."

Then the late 90's happened. The Sabres lost their minds and switched to black, red, and silver. The Bills waited until 2002 and then they decided they wanted to be navy blue and red and silver and royal blue (and terrible).

A few years, and one Banana Slug, later the Sabres moved back to their original logo (sort of) and to a midnight blue and gold. The Bills mercifully made royal blue their primary again and relegated navy blue to the outline of the numbers.

Wouldn't it be cool if the two teams adopted an identical blue as their primary? And the City of Buffalo essentially adopted an official color?

We already have a head start with our city flag, which is a "bright" navy blue (could easily pass for royal blue):

2x3BUFFALOCITY-2.jpg

(Yes, this would also look awesome as a shoulder patch for both teams.)

This would be a really minor change for the Bills and a huge improvement for the Sabres. I'm tired of the Sabres looking like the Night's Watch on my HDTV. And it'd be cool to have our sports teams match again for the first time in ~20 years.

I always hoped the city flag would be the third jersey. I love it.

Yeah, the Sabres definately need a brighter blue, on TV and Game Center Live they look black. I've never understood why teams have switched to Navy Blue, it looks like crap on TV. I have the same gripe about my Chargers, they need to switch to the powder blue full time.

It's a pretty simple change really since it only involves the Sabres making the change. Edmonton went back and I'd have no problem if we did it too. When it comes to the flag, I kind of wish each team could put that on the collar in place of the league logo. I know that would never fly though.

I'll up the ante. Same blue and gold and redesigned charging buffalo logo for both teams; use the teams' current logos on third jerseys.

NFL doesn't have large logos on jerseys and teams no longer are allowed to change helmets. Impossible to put into practice, as much as I like the idea.

NFL doesn't have large logos on jerseys and teams no longer are allowed to change helmets. Impossible to put into practice, as much as I like the idea.

Quite a brain fart on my part. Do you believe me now that I don't watch football anymore, so much that I've forgotten what the jerseys look like?

Teams can't change helmets? So all the logos are set in stone?

Is this what you're referring to?

The league office told all teams planning to wear throwback uniforms this season that players must wear their regular helmets on throwback dates. The outside of the helmet can be modified by removing or replacing decals, but the helmet itself must stay the same. Once players have properly fitted helmets that they’re comfortable wearing, the NFL doesn’t want them changing helmets during the season just for appearances.

Edited by PASabreFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.