Idea - ONE BUFFALO uniform change

Robviously

Quite a brain fart on my part. Do you believe me now that I don't watch football anymore, so much that I've forgotten what the jerseys look like?

Teams can't change helmets? So all the logos are set in stone?

Yeah, it has something to do with the concussion stuff. A player must use the same helmet all season long. (I must assume that there is some exception in place for a broken helmet. Or maybe not--this is the NFL, after all.) So they are free to change decals, etc. but can't change the color of the whole helmet. Actually, maybe what you suggested could be accomplished with decals, anyway.

Yeah, it has something to do with the concussion stuff. A player must use the same helmet all season long. (I must assume that there is some exception in place for a broken helmet. Or maybe not--this is the NFL, after all.) So they are free to change decals, etc. but can't change the color of the whole helmet. Actually, maybe what you suggested could be accomplished with decals, anyway.

It sounds pretty impractical. It would never happen anyway. Both fan bases would have hemorrhage shits.

Marv was ahead of his time. Who knew?

I'll up the ante. Same blue and gold and redesigned charging buffalo logo for both teams; use the teams' current logos on third jerseys.

I'm in. Maybe incorporate red as a minor accent too to be a true combination. I'd use the same style of redesigned buffalo on the Bills helmets and Sabres jerseys. Bills jerseys could retain the current buffalo as a secondary logo on the shoulder pads or sleeves while the Sabres will add the crossed swords (and have multiple jersey options). Not sure what color to make the Bills helmets though - people would flip out over a switch to blue, but I don't think anyone else is using that shade right now. Edited by Polish Connection

I'm in. Maybe incorporate red as a minor accent too to be a true combination. I'd use the same style of redesigned buffalo on the Bills helmets and Sabres jerseys. Bills jerseys could retain the current buffalo as a secondary logo on the shoulder pads or sleeves while the Sabres will add the crossed swords (and have multiple jersey options). Not sure what color to make the Bills helmets though - people would flip out over a switch to blue, but I don't think anyone else is using that shade right now.

Great thoughts. It could be so good. But it's risky — especially given how the Sabres tend to cluster###### up these things.

Edited by PASabreFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.