GDT: 10/23/2014 Sabres at Los Angeles Kings 10:30 EST. MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Two things I take from that article. The first is how refreshing it was to hear a coach actually talk hockey. Something other than "lack of effort and we will find out who wants to play". The second was I think we let a pretty good kid go.

If any game is going to be a trap game for the Kings, this is it. They've only scored 14 in 6 games (yeah, yeah, the Sabres would give up a couple of 2nds for that kind of production) and almost definitely won't be playing Quick. Very difficult to get 'up' for a game against a team this bad. With a couple of breaks, the Sabres are in this one.

wait wait wait. Why are we dressing 7 D?

Looks like the whining isn't over yet, Liger.

Does it really matter whether it's a D or a F that takes up 4 minutes of game ice?

This team has essentially been playing 11-6 so far, this move doesn't likely materially alter that.

If any game is going to be a trap game for the Kings, this is it. They've only scored 14 in 6 games (yeah, yeah, the Sabres would give up a couple of 2nds for that kind of production) and almost definitely won't be playing Quick. Very difficult to get 'up' for a game against a team this bad. With a couple of breaks, the Sabres are in this one.

We already saw the effect last night. The Ducks sleepwalked through most of that game.

I agree. LA hasn't looked sharp, yet they keep winning. Quick has been much of the reason.

FWIW, before we see what Zadarov can do, I want to say that I've come around to the idea of trading Myers while he still has the mythic cloud surrounding him.

I only want to trade him if I know zadorov, Risto, McCabe and to a lesser extent Pysyk are all going to be top 4 D. If so, trade away.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.