Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Current lottery standings through games played 4/5 (using actual NHL standings)

Team         GP   PTS   ROW   PLP   CL%
Buffalo      80    54    15   1-2   20.0
Arizona      80    56    19   1-2   13.5
Edmonton     CLINCHED   3RD PLACE   11.5
Toronto      81    67    25   4-5    9.5
Carolina     80    69    24   4-5    8.5

New Jersey   CLINCHED   6TH  PLACE   7.5

Philadelphia 80    84    30   7-11   6.5

Columbus     80    85    32   7-12   6.0

Colorado     80    86    28   7-12   5.0

Florida      80    87    28   7-12   3.5

San Jose     80    87    35   7-12   3.0

Dallas       80    88    35   8-12   2.5

Los Angeles  80    93    37   13-OUT 2.0

Ottawa       80    95    35   13-OUT 1.0

Winnipeg     80    96    34   13-OUT N/A

Calgary      80    95    40   13-OUT N/A

Boston       80    95    37   13-OUT N/A

Detroit      80    97    38   13-OUT N/A

Pittsburgh   80    96    38   13-OUT N/A

NY Islanders 80    98    39   13-OUT N/A

PLP - Possible lottery positions (the numbers represent the lottery positions they could possibly finish)

CL& - Current lottery percentage

Bolded teams have clinched that position in the lottery.

Nobody was eliminated or clinched their spot in the lottery tonight. These next three days will see ton of that, though.

The following is all in NHL language for the backwards lottery standings:

-Buffalo clinches their spot in the lottery with an Arizona win.

-Winnipeg is eliminated with a win or an LA regulation loss (or any combination of two points between the two teams).

-Calgary is eliminated with a regulation win over LA.

-The Isles can be eliminated tomorrow with an Ottawa loss of any kind.

-Boston is eliminated with a win and Ottawa regulation loss.

-Detroit is eliminated with a win or Ottawa regulation loss.

-Toronto (4) and Carolina (5) clinch their spots in the lottery if Carolina gets a point.

Current standings through games played 4/8.

Team         GP  L  W OT  PT MPP PR RPTC M# CPM

Buffalo      80 49 23  8 106 110  4   3   2 19.5

Arizona      80 48 24  8 104 108  4   5   7 14.0

Edmonton     80 43 24 13  99 103  4  --     11.6

Toronto      81 44 30  7  95  97  2  --      9.3

Carolina     80 40 29 11  91  95  4  --      8.7

New Jersey   80 35 32 13  83  87  4  --      7.5

CPM per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 4/8 in AM

All but Sabres and Loafs in action tonight. 2 spots locked; other 4 could be as well if Candy Canes drop a point or more and Desert Dogs drop 2. Desert Dogs playing in Van City who've clinched an NHL spot in their last game.

Pigeons rise towards the CHL very slightly effecting Eulers' CPM; Garth's Goobers rise not effecting Sabres' CPM yet. Only 1 of the 2 (at most) can end up w/ lottery balls as 5 teams vie for last 4 NHL EC playoff spots. Pigeons could bump Eulers' chances up by 2% to 13.5% CPM and GG's could add 1% to Sabres' chances if the maximum rise occurs.

Edited by Taro T

I'm not saying I'm not concerned about the Sabres blowing their shot at "McEichel", but the talk of it has heated up around the NHL since the trade deadline. Yet, Buffalo continues to find a way to maintain number 30. The Sabres gave up 52 shots to Carolina. W/ as well as Columbus has been playing they'll probably finish w/ 40+. Lindback will have difficulty matching the level of play he delivered against the Hurricanes. Buffalo may have difficulty reaching their season average of 24. The Blue Jackets are on fire. Columbus will score 4. It will be tough for the Sabres to match that. Honestly see a 4-2 final w/ the Blue Jackets taking the win. That's a real win....not a loss. But hey, let's hope Zona wins tonight it and ends the torture Sabres fans have had to endure the last 2 seasons. 

Current standings through games played 4/8.

Team         GP  L  W OT  PT MPP PR RPTC M# CPM

Buffalo      80 49 23  8 106 110  4   3   2 19.5

Arizona      80 48 24  8 104 108  4   5   7 14.0

Edmonton     80 43 24 13  99 103  4  --     11.6

Toronto      81 44 30  7  95  97  2  --      9.3

Carolina     80 40 29 11  91  95  4  --      8.7

New Jersey   80 35 32 13  83  87  4  --      7.5

CPM per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 4/8 in AM

All but Sabres and Loafs in action tonight. 2 spots locked; other 4 could be as well if Candy Canes drop a point or more and Desert Dogs drop 2. Desert Dogs playing in Van City who've clinched an NHL spot in their last game.

Pigeons rise towards the CHL very slightly effecting Eulers' CPM; Garth's Goobers rise not effecting Sabres' CPM yet. Only 1 of the 2 (at most) can end up w/ lottery balls as 5 teams vie for last 4 NHL EC playoff spots. Pigeons could bump Eulers' chances up by 2% to 13.5% CPM and GG's could add 1% to Sabres' chances if the maximum rise occurs.

I'll admit it, I had to stop and think who the Pigeons were for a few seconds. I'm not used to seeing them being given a nickname in this thread.

So you've chosen a crusade where the rules are he gets no credit for scouting players old enough to be established, but no credit for players too young to judge. Got it.

I think there is reason to be concerned with the two mid-2nd round picks and there is no proof he was the specific person that selected or convinced Bryan Murray to select the players you mention.

If Bryan Murray comes out and says, if it wasn't for Tim Murray, we would never have selected XXX, then fine.

In meantime, we know Tim Murray selected those players in round 2 last year.

We know he made the trades he made and took no action with Nolan when Nolan decided to go on a vendetta to finish 29th.

I will judge on what I know

I think there is reason to be concerned with the two mid-2nd round picks and there is no proof he was the specific person that selected or convinced Bryan Murray to select the players you mention.

If Bryan Murray comes out and says, if it wasn't for Tim Murray, we would never have selected XXX, then fine.

We know he made the trades he made and took no action with Nolan when Nolan decided to go on a vendetta to finish 29th.

I think you make a fair point but it is far too early to judge Murray either way. Some on here have put him up on a pedestal with absolutely no merit (kind of tired of the Getzlaf/Perry thing).

I think we give him through next year and then he is free game. At this point I am not sure if he has done enough with what he walked into but time will tell.

You think Murray should have fired Nolan because he was trying to hard?  Yeah, NHL officials would have loved that.  I could actually see Nolan, who has been screwed before, filing a lawsuit against the Sabres if that had happened.  It'd be a decent breach of contract claim, too. 

You think Murray should have fired Nolan because he was trying to hard?  Yeah, NHL officials would have loved that.  I could actually see Nolan, who has been screwed before, filing a lawsuit against the Sabres if that had happened.  It'd be a decent breach of contract claim, too. 

If I was CEO of a company and our strategy was to provide the best customer service and I had a manager who wasn't on the same page, I would fire him.  Why is Nolan any different ?  When Nolan signed his contract he knew what was expected of him and this team this year and he knew full well the stated strategy of the franchise.  Nolan wasn't forced to sign the contract and it wasn't like he was in the middle of a long term contract and the franchise changed strategies.  Nolan took the money and then decided to do what HE wanted, what HE believed was best for HIMSELF, not the team and certainly not the franchise.  If that isn't insubordination, I don't know what is.

All I ask of Mr. Murray is to regrow some balls and fire him.

As for the NHL and what they think F**K them, I don't care.

I want this team to succeed.

Edited by Georgia Blizzard

So a coach who is dead last in the league suing after being fired? I'd love to see the reaction from the judge on that one.

Maybe Tim Murray grudgingly took Karabacek and Cornel on the heavy recommendation of leftover Darcy scouts. Maybe after having the time to personally scout them heavily this year, he is poised to fire those scouts for incompetence.

And Nolan decided to go a vendetta? The one that has resulted in a 4-14 record in the past 18 games?

Well, what do you know?

Edited by dudacek

Maybe Tim Murray grudgingly took Karabacek and Cornel on the heavy recommendation of leftover Darcy scouts. Maybe after having the time to personally scout them heavily this year, he is poised to fire those scouts for incompetence.

And Nolan decided to go a vendetta? The one that has resulted in a 4-14 record in the past 18 games?

Well, what do you know?

The one that has the Sabres only 2 points ahead of the Coyotes with 2 games to play.

Your logic is no different than a contending team being satisfied finishing 9th and missing the playoffs because they had 95 points.  The job is to finish last, no matter the record.

The one that has the Sabres only 2 points ahead of the Coyotes with 2 games to play.

Your logic is no different than a contending team being satisfied finishing 9th and missing the playoffs because they had 95 points.  The job is to finish last, no matter the record.

Sure, but you're acting like we're not in last and heavily favored to finish that way.

You're also acting like TM didn't purge the roster of any and all bodies at the deadline.  It might have even hurt our chances when we traded Mitchellsons and Flynnos, because now TN is finally playing Larsson and Grigorenko in their spots.

Well, what do you know?

I get the impression that Murray is going to pick who he wants to pick - regardless of his scouts recommendations. I doubt he let Devine talk him into anything.

Boy im glad Nolan has no vendetta against me.

Rumours of toilet seats left up and church services skipped will be circling all over town.

Savage stuff.

Sure, but you're acting like we're not in last and heavily favored to finish that way.

You're also acting like TM didn't purge the roster of any and all bodies at the deadline.  It might have even hurt our chances when we traded Mitchellsons and Flynnos, because now TN is finally playing Larsson and Grigorenko in their spots.

Sabres are putting a lot of faith in losing (in regulation) these final two games.  They put a lot of faith that Arizona would beat Detroit and San Jose these final two weeks.  Seems to me, we are leaving way too much for chance.  In a normal draft year, that might be acceptable.  In a draft year where you are starring at two generational talents, that's insane.