Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Current standings through games played 12/7.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 27 15 7 5 35

Buffalo 27 16 9 2 34

Arizona 28 15 10 3 33

Carolina 26 15 8 3 33

Columbus 26 15 9 2 32

Colorado 27 12 9 6 30

Winnipeg 27 9 14 5 23

Florida 25 7 11 7 21

Only 1 team (Candy Canes) in action Monday night but they're hosting a team that has submitted an application for CHL membership (Joisey). Could be interesting.

Current standings through games played 12/8.

Edmonton 27 15 7 5 35

Carolina 27 16 8 3 35

Buffalo 27 16 9 2 34

Arizona 28 15 10 3 33

Columbus 26 15 9 2 32

Colorado 27 12 9 6 30

Winnipeg 27 9 14 5 23

Florida 26 8 11 7 23

5 teams in action Tuesday. Rare game where defending CHL champs hosting defending NHL champs. Sabres need to keep to the level they displayed down in FLA.

PHI @ CBJ tonight, hoping for a 1 point game.

other CHL matchups include EDM @ SJ and NSH @ COL.

An EDM loss or tie combined with a BUF win, would put BUF back atop the CHL.

Edited by pi2000

Would've been a good night for a win with Columbus losing in OT over Philly and Washington losing. Jersey got a point, too. A bunch of teams on the CHL cusp with losses tonight... But the Sabres continue to show you that they only know how to ###### up.

For the record, Enroth and Neuvirth are really not THIS good. Teams seem to just think they can pepper shots on and have one go in. These are still NHL players. You have to pick your spots and create good scoring chances.

Would've been a good night for a win with Columbus losing in OT over Philly and Washington losing. Jersey got a point, too. A bunch of teams on the CHL cusp with losses tonight... But the Sabres continue to show you that they only know how to ###### up.

For the record, Enroth and Neuvirth are really not THIS good. Teams seem to just think they can pepper shots on and have one go in. These are still NHL players. You have to pick your spots and create good scoring chances.

Kings rarely win in Buffalo - Buffalo usually puts up a ton of goals on them. I suppose the way they've played of late, the 1 spot counts as 'a ton'.

It's a long season. Sabres being done w/ LA & SJ is good for the tank. They were pretty much guaranteed to lose at least 5, if not 7, CHL points in the 4 games. Now they only have to find 2-3 they should have dropped to be back on pace. ;)

Kings rarely win in Buffalo - Buffalo usually puts up a ton of goals on them. I suppose the way they've played of late, the 1 spot counts as 'a ton'.

It's a long season. Sabres being done w/ LA & SJ is good for the tank. They were pretty much guaranteed to lose at least 5, if not 7, CHL points in the 4 games. Now they only have to find 2-3 they should have dropped to be back on pace. ;)

It's kind of amazing when you hear the Sabres record against most of their recent opponents. It seems like every series against every team they play is lopsided in Buffalo's favor. It's like we dominate every team but still suck.

Sabres getting thoroughly dominated in shots/Corsi yet still finding a way to lose by one goal... EDM and CAR out shooting their opponents on a regular basis yet finding ways to get one goal wins. Things have to start evening out... Right? Right!?

Current standings through games played 12/9.

Edmonton 28 16 7 5 37

Carolina 27 16 8 3 35

Buffalo 28 16 10 2 34

Arizona 28 15 10 3 33

Columbus 27 15 10 2 32

Colorado 28 13 9 6 32

Winnipeg 28 9 15 5 23

Florida 26 8 11 7 23

Only Eulers in action tonight. Looking to stretch their lead vs Anaheim.

Really hope Murray executes a trade or two shortly. He needs to take the steam out of these wins and get them back to the top of the standings. One or both of the goalies, Stewart, Myers and Stafford would be a start and then see where the team is in mid January. I sure hope they don't screw this up. I'd like to see Myers and a goalie sent to Edmonton. Helps the Sabres and hurts Edmonton tank efforts.

Really hope Murray executes a trade or two shortly. He needs to take the steam out of these wins and get them back to the top of the standings. One or both of the goalies, Stewart, Myers and Stafford would be a start and then see where the team is in mid January. I sure hope they don't screw this up. I'd like to see Myers and a goalie sent to Edmonton. Helps the Sabres and hurts Edmonton tank efforts.

Problem is I don't know of any moves Murray could pull off to help the tank. Other than enroth none of the pending ufa guys are doing anything. The best players have been risto, zad, Myers, Girgs, Ennis and moulson. All of those guys may be part of the long term answer. It was mentioned by someone that they heard ted black talk about possibly letting zad play for Russia in the wjc. That could be spun as a developmental move and help the tank over the short term. Not much else can be done except hope enroth falls back to earth.

Sabres getting thoroughly dominated in shots/Corsi yet still finding a way to lose by one goal... EDM and CAR out shooting their opponents on a regular basis yet finding ways to get one goal wins. Things have to start evening out... Right? Right!?

Don't you know? The games are played on paper synthetic ice, in parents' basements, by snorting guys with slide rules and greasy hair.

Problem is I don't know of any moves Murray could pull off to help the tank. Other than enroth none of the pending ufa guys are doing anything. The best players have been risto, zad, Myers, Girgs, Ennis and moulson. All of those guys may be part of the long term answer. It was mentioned by someone that they heard ted black talk about possibly letting zad play for Russia in the wjc. That could be spun as a developmental move and help the tank over the short term. Not much else can be done except hope enroth falls back to earth.

Sign Leino?

Enroth is 6th in the NHL with a 5v5 .935 Save Percentage this season, on the worse scoring team in the league. Trading him puts this team in the driver seat for DFL.

Trading Enroth would solve the problem immediately.