Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Serious question fellow CHL fans...how many of you still actually watch the games in their semi-entirety?  I think I've watched maybe a total of the equivalent of three or four games this year, heck even the two games I actually attended I probably only watched a period of action since I was in a suite.  If you're still punishing yourself by watching then I can see how you'd be weary at this point, but I'm still mentally strong for the CHL stretch run.  On to the shart!

I watch every single game. I don't watch as intently, but it is on in the living room from puck drop to final horn. I can't really get out of the routine that has been part of me my whole life.

As someone who inseminated Laura San Giacomo without the courtesy of putting a bag over her head, I'd have expected you to be ballsier.

Ok. $50 to the winner's choice of charity? (Or is $50 not enough for a bet that wont pay off for 13 months?)

I'm good with whatever amount you'll be comfortable with donating to my favorite charity. :P

Serious question fellow CHL fans...how many of you still actually watch the games in their semi-entirety?  I think I've watched maybe a total of the equivalent of three or four games this year, heck even the two games I actually attended I probably only watched a period of action since I was in a suite.  If you're still punishing yourself by watching then I can see how you'd be weary at this point, but I'm still mentally strong for the CHL stretch run.  On to the shart!

This will be the first time in 8 years I haven't gone to at least one game in person. I plan on going to the Hawks game next week, but we'll see how that goes.

I watched every game I could until about two weeks ago. Now? I just check the CHL thread and nhl.com for the score of the games, or listen to RJ in the car. I'm still pro-tank, but this season has turned out a little more taxing than I thought; though it could be the fact that it's been two seasons compounded 

Edited by WildComrade

Serious question fellow CHL fans...how many of you still actually watch the games in their semi-entirety? I think I've watched maybe a total of the equivalent of three or four games this year, heck even the two games I actually attended I probably only watched a period of action since I was in a suite. If you're still punishing yourself by watching then I can see how you'd be weary at this point, but I'm still mentally strong for the CHL stretch run. On to the shart!

I watch a majority of most games. Especially at work where there are Tvs all over the news room. Only half pay attention, though.

I watch every single game. I don't watch as intently, but it is on in the living room from puck drop to final horn. I can't really get out of the routine that has been part of me my whole life.

Same here. Early in the season I was more apt to "join in progress" if it was in the 1st or second period, but these days I start from the beginning. I almost never sit and watch the game only though, although that's as much a product of being busy at home as the team. I even go through after the GameCenter blackout expires and put the games on I couldn't see live.

I put every game on the ipad while watching other things on the TV. I am pleased about every goal against until the shart is assured then I'll instantly flip it back around. 

I'm good with whatever amount you'll be comfortable with donating to my favorite charity. :P

Ok $50 is good then. Loser posts the receipt

I watch every game.  It's killing me slowly.....

Actually, I do record each one so I can get through it in an hour so I guess I'm cheating a bit.

Edited by Derrico

I probably only watch about 25% of games at this point but even when I'm watching something else on Netflix, hulu, or the dvr I do pull up the NHL app on my phone and keep track of the scores. While I'm fully on board with tanking, I don't think I could have watched every game this season unless it was part of my job and I was collecting a paycheck to do it. Cancelling Center Ice before the season started played a big part as well I'm sure. In seasons past I never missed more than a couple of games each season and it was usually due to some sort of family obligation.

I have been to approx 8 games..... Other than that I have only watched a few and none in the recent month on TV, for what??? I work a gazillion hours a week and when I get free time, I prefer to do something that doesn't involve beating my head against a wall watching this train wreck...... I'm still a diehard fan and will defend the team, but a spade is a spade and we suck this year. Regroup and try again in a few months

With or without McEichel I think we are all but guaranteed to be a bottom 10 team again next year.

Absolutely--a LOT would have to go right to be in the 8/9 spot in the East. And I'm fine with that, because I expect the entire season to be a completely different dynamic, and...*gasp*....entertaining without a ton of winning.

It's officially background noise for me--always on, but rarely the focus of my attention. And I'm okay with that.

I guess the only thing that's important is the final score, at least to me.  I am still interested in the development of the youth, but, there isn't much left to go on.  Maybe if Grigorenko plays I would pay more attention, because I'd like to assess where he's at.  Or, if the game all of a sudden gets interesting somehow.  But...

Edited by SiZzlEmIsTEr

I watch every game in slow motion.... or maybe I can't tell the difference anymore.

Current standings through games played 3/11.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC CPM

Buffalo      67 42 19  6 90 120 30 28   18.7

Edmonton     67 38 18 11 87 117 30 31   14.0

Arizona      67 38 21  8 84 114 30 34   12.4

Toronto      68 35 27  6 76 104 28 42    8.6

Carolina     65 32 25  8 72 106 34 46    8.0

Columbus     66 34 28  4 70 102 32 48    8.5

CPM = per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/10 in AM

Another 1 pointer. Fortunately the Sabres stole the point late.

All 4 that didn't play tonight in action Thursday night.

Edit: The end is near for the Septic Six' floaters. Columbus could be eliminated by next Thursday; Carolina & TO by the end of that weekend.

Edited by Taro T

I think I missed one this year but it was recorded! I am ready for the end. The end is near!

HUGE to escape with only 1 point. 3 points on the Oilers and 6 on Arizona... This team just can't seem to open up any kind of cushion.

The Sabres NEED to be up by at least 5 when they go into the Arizona week. That way even sweeping them won't kill us (assuming the Oilers get some points).

HUGE to escape with only 1 point. 3 points on the Oilers and 6 on Arizona... This team just can't seem to open up any kind of cushion.

The Sabres NEED to be up by at least 5 when they go into the Arizona week. That way even sweeping them won't kill us (assuming the Oilers get some points).

We're basically up 1 and 4. No way we best Toronto April first. Still don't know how we won tonight. The leafs looked excellent.

Magic Numbers for games played through 3/11 (31 days left in the regular season)

Florida, Dallas - 3
Colorado, Ottawa - 4
Philadelphia - 6
New Jersey - 9
Columbus, Toronto - 15
Carolina - 17
Arizona - 25
Edmonton - 28

Nashville, Montreal, NY Islanders, Anaheim, NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Detroit, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington, Minnesota, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Los Angeles, Boston, San Jose - Clinched

San Jose clinched tonight. Dallas clinches tomorrow with a ROW.