Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

We're basically up 1 and 4. No way we best Toronto April first. Still don't know how we won tonight. The leafs looked excellent.

Sabres went to their 'go to:' when the pressure is seriously on and they need to find a goal, they do their best Mark McGuire imitation and launch it out of the rink. Then it's on to the 'Colt .45 last 5 minute pk' - 'works every time.'

Serious question fellow CHL fans...how many of you still actually watch the games in their semi-entirety?  I think I've watched maybe a total of the equivalent of three or four games this year, heck even the two games I actually attended I probably only watched a period of action since I was in a suite.  If you're still punishing yourself by watching then I can see how you'd be weary at this point, but I'm still mentally strong for the CHL stretch run.  On to the shart!

So, you are a fair weather fan, then?

Aren't you getting the exact season you wanted? Why wouldn't you be watching?

I bet that the ratio of people who are still watching and have watched every game this year heavily favors those that were anti-tank to start the season (let's face it, we're all pro-tank now). It's probably why we weren't willing to discard an entire season like the pro-tankers.

I'm watching. This is your bed. Man up and lie in it.

:devil:

I bet that the ratio of people who are still watching and have watched every game this year heavily favors those that were anti-tank to start the season (let's face it, we're all pro-tank now). It's probably why we weren't willing to discard an entire season like the pro-tankers.

Call it whatever you wish, but I call it being a smart consumer.  I ditched Center Ice before last season when I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that we were in for some piss poor hockey for a few years.  Now if Direct TV suddenly came out and said that to be be eligible to get CI in the future you need to order it every year, then I'd be in the same boat with the season ticket holders and I'd order it but still not watch much at all.  I've said it before that Sabres season ticket holders are the only ones who I have any sympathy for in all of this and that the Sabres need to find a way to reward them handsomely for their loyalty, but everyone else is just a glutton for punishment.

Being a CHL fan in the modern era is best done from a distance via internet and phone updates, By getting too close to this show you really risk going bat schit crazy.   :P

I've been pro-tank from the beginning and have watched every game.  I'm sure many others have as well.

Current standings through games played 3/11.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC CPM

Buffalo      67 42 19  6 90 120 30 28   18.7

Edmonton     67 38 18 11 87 117 30 31   14.0

Arizona      67 38 21  8 84 114 30 34   12.4

Toronto      68 35 27  6 76 104 28 42    8.6

Carolina     65 32 25  8 72 106 34 46    8.0

Columbus     66 34 28  4 70 102 32 48    8.5

CPM = per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/10 in AM

Another 1 pointer. Fortunately the Sabres stole the point late.

All 4 that didn't play tonight in action Thursday night.

Edit: The end is near for the Septic Six' floaters. Columbus could be eliminated by next Thursday; Carolina & TO by the end of that weekend.

You can probably drop those three right now.  I know that "officially" they catch Buffalo, but does anybody realistically think that will happen?  If Buffalo wins (or losses in CHL language) 4 games the rest of the way, it is nothing short of a miracle.   

I think I missed one this year but it was recorded! I am ready for the end. The end is near!

Every game and Im staying up late to watch the Coyotes and Oilers - though really look forward to it coming to an end! Im as nervous watching the game as I would be if the Sabres were in the Play-offs. If it gets even closer  I'll be as stressed as if they were in game 7 of the Finals.

After watching the Leafs last night the one thing we can be proud of as Sabres fans is that at least our veteran players at least give an effort. The game Lupul put out last night was shameful and he should be extremely embarrassed but I doubt he is.

I think I may have missed a grand total of 3 games and I support the rebuild. Hated Darcys team.Watched the majority of those games too. As you all know its an addiction. Want to see this team compete and win in this league so bad. I think I will. Although its not showing yet this team is trending in that direction.

Edited by bunomatic

Every game and Im staying up late to watch the Coyotes and Oilers - though really look forward to it coming to an end! Im as nervous watching the game as I would be if the Sabres were in the Play-offs. If it gets even closer  I'll be as stressed as if they were in game 7 of the Finals.

After watching the Leafs last night the one thing we can be proud of as Sabres fans is that at least our veteran players at least give an effort. The game Lupul put out last night was shameful and he should be extremely embarrassed but I doubt he is.

There were a bunch of players on the blue and white who should be embarrassed of themselves.  I thought Phaneuf was a joke and Kessel was invisible save for the last five min and then OT.  You saw in that ten minute span how good he can be which would make me even more frustrated if I were a leaf fan.  Komorov was about the only guy who seemed to give a last night.  

Over the next 5 games I am hoping we see seperation between the Oilers and Sabres.

In non-bizzaro terms I'm hoping the Oilers can get 5 points over the next 5 games and the Sabres pick up 1. (I think that means 5 points for Oilers and 9 points for Sabres in the Carrion league).

That would then knock the magic number vs Edmonton down to 14 with 10 to play.

Oilers schedule -

Sabres - Rangers, Caps, Bruins, Devils and Preds.

Oilers - Pens, Blue Jackets, Leafs, Blue Jackets and Flyers.

Anything less than 5 and 9 its going to be real close and stressful over the last 10 games!

Yesterday was almost the perfect game except that we got 1 point. We want to see young players do well but still lose a close game. We were lucky not to get two points as Toronto looks like a horrible team! At least we have a nice cushion on Arizona which we will need because we play them twice but Edmonton has to start winning some games.

Deep down did anyone really ever expect that the race for the shart wouldn't go down to the wire?  If any team has this thing wrapped up before the final 3 or 4 games I'll be shocked.

I really thought Edmonton would be better this year. *shakes fist angrily at Ben Scrivens*

Call it whatever you wish, but I call it being a smart consumer.  I ditched Center Ice before last season when I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that we were in for some piss poor hockey for a few years.  Now if Direct TV suddenly came out and said that to be be eligible to get CI in the future you need to order it every year, then I'd be in the same boat with the season ticket holders and I'd order it but still not watch much at all.  I've said it before that Sabres season ticket holders are the only ones who I have any sympathy for in all of this and that the Sabres need to find a way to reward them handsomely for their loyalty, but everyone else is just a glutton for punishment.

Being a CHL fan in the modern era is best done from a distance via internet and phone updates, By getting too close to this ###### show you really risk going bat schit crazy.   :P

actually I got CI for free this year. I called when bill came told them how bad my team was and I got credits to cover the cost

Deep down did anyone really ever expect that the race for the shart wouldn't go down to the wire?  If any team has this thing wrapped up before the final 3 or 4 games I'll be shocked.

I still expect BUF to gain more separation by the end of the month.... somehere in the 8-10 points up on EDM and 12-14 on ARI.    

I really did think Buffalo would be the clear frontrunner for the shart.  They were historically bad last year, nobody else in the league was even close.  Murray signed a few guys, but realistically, I thought Enroth/Neuvirth would be terrible, we'd struggle to score consistently, and we'd have horrible possession stats, leading to a lot of shots on goal that our goalies couldn't stop.  I thought we'd be maybe 6 or 8 points better than last year and nobody else would be too close.

In the end, my thoughts weren't too far off, outside of Neuvirth and Enroth--both of whom were decent--and I didn't predict that Edmonton, with all that young talent, would be this bad.  I never gave Arizona a second thought until about 2 weeks ago.