Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

So did we just give up our number one dman, number three forward (based on points) and starting goalie today? I know we got back a good dman as well but this should be nice for the chl stretch run.

How does this work in CHL language? Was it our worst defenseman, a 4th line forward, and our backup goalie?

Dedicate all the threads you want to Regier's centers.  But spell it that way, without the apostrophe between the "center" and the "s," or deal with my wrath.

There already is a thread dedicated to Ruff's system.  It was a good thread!

I look into this fun house mirror thread every so often and I just want to tell you something. You my friend are lucky you schooled him on the center thing. When I started reading it I was expect read it should be spelled centre's!

Current standings through games played 2/12.

Team         GP L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC

Buffalo      55 36 16 3 75 129 54 49

Edmonton     56 31 16 9 71 123 52 53

Arizona      55 28 20 7 63 117 54 61

Toronto      56 29 23 4 62 114 52 62

Carolina     53 27 19 7 61 119 58 63

New Jersey   54 24 21 9 57 113 56 67

Columbus     52 26 23 3 55 115 60 71

Philadelphia 54 22 23 9 53 109 56 69

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

PR = Points Remaining

RPTC = Remaining Points needed to Clinch 1st Place (will necessarily be > than PR for all (w/ likely exception of team currently in 1st))

BJ's, Joisey, & Desert Dogs in action tonight.

I don't think the remaining points to clinch first is accurate. To clinch first for anybody other than the Sabres you would need to clinch more points than they could possibly get which is 130. So the Oilers would need 59 to get there.

Everybody but Columbus and Philly are set up to have their clinching total at 124. 124 clinches it over Edmonton, but not Buffalo. So that'll need to be adjusted.

Should be:

Edmonton - 59

Arizona - 67

Toronto - 68

Carolina - 69

New Jersey - 73

Columbus - 75

Philly - 77

It could be fun if Ed starts winning and we get a cushion ...so we can watch the impossible, as Bogosian starts leading the team with

the play and ethic of a winner (being very close to home) well before kane is even in the lockeroom . Go oilers ( they looked great .. Emerging as a team with talent and a backbone on the road..

A cushion is at least ten points.. 6 is nothing. . But better than 4.

Edited by K8prisoner

It could be fun if Ed starts winning and we get a cushion so we can watch the impossible as Bogosian starts leading the team with the play and ethic of a winner (being very close to home) well before kane is even in the lockeroom . Go oilers ( they looked great .. Emerging as a team with talent and a backbone on the road..

A cushion is at least ten points.. 6 is nothing. . But better than 4.

So we're sittin on a throw pillow then with 6 points?

I don't think the remaining points to clinch first is accurate. To clinch first for anybody other than the Sabres you would need to clinch more points than they could possibly get which is 130. So the Oilers would need 59 to get there.

Everybody but Columbus and Philly are set up to have their clinching total at 124. 124 clinches it over Edmonton, but not Buffalo. So that'll need to be adjusted.

Should be:

Edmonton - 59

Arizona - 67

Toronto - 68

Carolina - 69

New Jersey - 73

Columbus - 75

Philly - 77

Should be:

Edmonton - 59

Arizona - 67

Toronto - 68

Carolina - 69

New Jersey - 73

Columbus - 75

Philly - 77

No.  To clinch, you have to get more than the 2nd team (less than the 29th NHL squad) gets.  So, the team in 1st needs one more than 2nd place can get (technically, because Buffalo took 2 in both games against the Eulers and hold the tiebreaker, they just need to finish even w/ them, but we don't want to worry about tie breakers, win it outright) and the 2nd place team also needs 1 more than they can get (aka, they CAN'T clinch as they can't get there from here).  We could make it more complicated, but anybody behind 2nd place has to get ahead of THAT to clinch; that they'll also need help from the current 1st place team becomes immaterial as they CAN'T get ahead of #2 w/ what remains available to them.  Once they climb to #2, they need exactly 1 more point than is available to clinch.