Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

The way I look at it when viewing the actual standings: anybody that has more points than we are currently on pace for are unreachable. That's 23 of 29 other teams. So the only teams I see as "in it" are Columbus, New Jersey, Toronto, Arizona, Carolina and Edmonton. The last four being the only actual potential threats, but Toronto is a reach at this point, too. Arizona getting some points recently is HUGE because they are prepared for a late-season run.

Current standings through games played 2/14.

Team         GP L  W  OT PT MPP PR RPTC

Buffalo      55 36 16  3 75 129 54 49

Edmonton     57 32 16  9 73 123 50 51

Arizona      57 30 20  7 67 117 50 57

Toronto      57 29 23  5 63 114 50 61

Carolina     54 28 19  7 63 119 56 61

New Jersey   56 26 21  9 61 115 52 65

Columbus     54 27 24  3 57 113 56 69

Philadelphia 55 22 23 10 54 108 54 67

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

PR = Points Remaining

RPTC = Remaining Points needed to Clinch 1st Place (will necessarily be > than PR for all (w/ likely exception of team currently in 1st))

Filly in Buffalo only game. Sabres need to take the zilch to keep pace w/ everyone else this weekend. Would have the added bonus of pulling away from the Loafs and Phlyers.

1st game post-trade for Buffalo.

I have tickets to tomorrow's CHL Masterpiece. I cannot attend. The tickets are free. PM me if you are interested.

2 tickets, 300 level behind the shoot twice net.

Is it extra sad that they may only actually get 2 shots on that net?

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

I have tickets to tomorrow's CHL Masterpiece. I cannot attend. The tickets are free. PM me if you are interested.

2 tickets, 300 level behind the shoot twice net.

Is it extra sad that they may only actually get 2 shots on that net?

If I wasn't working tomorrow I would take you up on that. Damn.

Current standings through games played 2/15.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC

Buffalo      56 37 16  3 77 129 52 47

Edmonton     57 32 16  9 73 123 50 51

Arizona      57 30 20  7 67 117 50 57

Toronto      57 29 23  5 63 114 50 61

Carolina     54 28 19  7 63 119 56 61

New Jersey   56 26 21  9 61 115 52 65

Columbus     54 27 24  3 57 113 56 69

Philadelphia 56 22 24 10 54 106 52 67

Sabres keep pace.

Only 3 CHLers in action Monday, but they are all solidly jello - Eulers, Candy Canes, and Desert Dogs. Hopefully , or better yet all, conjure up their inner NHLer and find a way to put up goose eggs. It'll be tough, but it would be awsome.

I know the chart is right Taro, but it's a little misleading in this case. Sabres are (regular speak) 6 points back from the Oilers, whereas in CHL their 4 ahead. Nitpicking I know, just trying to say our situation is a little bit better than the CHL standings indicate.

I know the chart is right Taro, but it's a little misleading in this case. Sabres are (regular speak) 6 points back from the Oilers, whereas in CHL their 4 ahead. Nitpicking I know, just trying to say our situation is a little bit better than the CHL standings indicate.

That's the point of the CHL standings. The real standings are almost an assumption. The CHL standings are legitimate. We've got a game in hand and need to make it happen to earn the six-point separation. It's not misleading in any way that the regular standings aren't "misleading."

That's the point of the CHL standings. The real standings are almost an assumption. The CHL standings are legitimate. We've got a game in hand and need to make it happen to earn the six-point separation. It's not misleading in any way that the regular standings aren't "misleading."

Fair enough

How is it misleading? The Sabres have squandered a CHL best 77 points in 1 fewer game than the 73 points the Eulers gave flushed down the crapper. The Sabres can't take credit for squandering the 2 points in hand until they venture to the swamps of Joisey (at the earliest) and actually squander them. It's the same way the Sabres couldn't say they're only 4 points back of the Oilers in the NHL until they've gotten an (NHL-style) win.

How is it misleading? The Sabres have squandered a CHL best 77 points in 1 fewer game than the 73 points the Eulers gave flushed down the crapper. The Sabres can't take credit for squandering the 2 points in hand until they venture to the swamps of Joisey (at the earliest) and actually squander them. It's the same way the Sabres couldn't say they're only 4 points back of the Oilers in the NHL until they've gotten an (NHL-style) win.

Yeah I realize that now, Tank has taught me the meaning of the word "misleading"  :oops:

Fair enough

Just glanced at it quick and got mixed up in thinking about it like the regular standings.