Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Need room for Gostisbehere and Morin. Maybe this means they are planning on re-signing Del Zotto because you'd expect him to be moved if they are truly selling.

They've also resigned Schultz for their bottom pair.  They do need to get more mobile and younger on the blue line.  Morin and Ghostisbehere definitely start that.  

something up between NYR and Arizona per Friedman

@TSNBobMcKenzie: NYR are deep into discussions to acquire defenceman Keith Yandle from ARI but it's reportedly not done yet. If it gets done, it will be big.

Looks like a done deal Yandle to NYR.

The Sabres are in an interesting position now that the UFA's are flying off the board. On the one hand, they might have more leverage if some teams get desperate and on the other hand they might be left holding an empty bag if teams fill their needs elsewhere.

Right now the Bruins seem to be looking for a forward like Stewart or Erik Cole, but they don't want to give anything close to a 1st round pick or a top prospect. If they get Cole on the cheap, the Sabres could be left without a serious dance partner for Stewart. I hope Murray pulls it out before the deadline, but honestly I am very concerned!

That could change because they don't have much offense on that team and then they moved one of their top two d-man. Plus they play in the Western Conference which is alot tougher than the east.

Of course, that means that being in the EC actually makes our record that much worse (i.e., the Sabres have benefited from playing in the weaker conference.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.