Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Hearing nothing down here in Tampa.

Pure speculation. Tampa's a team that could win it all, needs depth for a long run, been quiet so far, has a good group of youngsters and an extra first, so can afford to sacrifice a kid.

Edited by Djuda Chekhov

Still think Stewart is a Bruin.

They got two extra seconds in the Boychuk deal.

Send one of them our way, then we ship Mitchell and Mesz off to whoever for scraps and call it a day.

We already made our big deal. I just don't think Timmy's got another big one in him until draft day.

Edited by Djuda Chekhov

Still think Stewart is a Bruin.

They got two extra seconds in the Boychuk deal.

Send one of them our way, then we ship Mitchell and Mesz off to whoever for scraps and call it a day.

We already made our big deal. I just don't think Timmy's got another big one in him until draft day.

Don't forget the goalie.  Neuvirth to Pitt for Malkin and a first is happening.

No, seriously, there just aren't that many assets to trade.  Who wants these guys?

Weekes saying Yandle is the price ufa D during this summer. Thought he had one more year on his contract ?

He does.

Chris Johnston said one more trade is happening tonight.

OK, here's the complete truth: I'm not going to bed yet. I've got good reason to believe something is going down. You make your own choices.

Edited by Tank

Fucale, the 16th worst goalie in the Q. I wouldn't trade compher for two Fucales.

I thought he was 15th? Just kidding that's a weird way to describe a player. He's having a rough year, but he's still a good prospect.

Fucale is ready to move on to bigger and better things. He might not be having a great year but the tools are there. I think it is between his ears right now. Right or wrong I think these guys reach a point where juniors just doesn't motivate them anymore.

He didn't start for Canada in the World Juniors because he sucks.

Edited by sicknfla

Fucale is ready to move on to bigger and better things. He might not be having a great year but the tools are there. I think it is between his ears right now. Right or wrong I think these guys reach a point where juniors just doesn't motivate them anymore.

He didn't start for Canada in the World Juniors because he sucks.

He's a goalie.  No the problem is between his ears.  He's not exactly of this world.

The Sabres may be running out of dance partners. Frankly, I'm really worried. 

Murray better conjure up some magic in the next twelve hours! All the obvious trading partners have made deals. Let's see if Murray is the genius so many people think. 

Unfortunately, the music stopped and there were no more chairs!

I think Murray waited too long and was left holding rapidly diminishing assets at the deadline. Teams like NYR, Chicago, Boston all made deals to fill their needs without looking to the Sabres. The Arizona Coyotes are the big winners imo.

Look what the Coyotes did. They took the tank to a new level. Not only did they tank, but they got a very nice return. They dumped Vermette and Yandle and received a 1st rounder in 2015, 2nd rounder in 2015, conditional 1st rounder in 2016 and a top prospect in Anthony Duclair. Compare that to the return Murray got for the Sabres. His best return was a 2nd rounder in 2017.

They have lost 9 straight games and look likely to lose 10 of the next 11 until they face the Sabres on March 26.  I think it is clear that the heavy favorites to finish 30th are the Coyotes. 

Unfortunately, the music stopped and there were no more chairs!

I think Murray waited too long and was left holding rapidly diminishing assets at the deadline. Teams like NYR, Chicago, Boston all made deals to fill their needs without looking to the Sabres. The Arizona Coyotes are the big winners imo.

Look what the Coyotes did. They took the tank to a new level. Not only did they tank, but they got a very nice return. They dumped Vermette and Yandle and received a 1st rounder in 2015, 2nd rounder in 2015, conditional 1st rounder in 2016 and a top prospect in Anthony Duclair. Compare that to the return Murray got for the Sabres. His best return was a 2nd rounder in 2017.

They have lost 9 straight games and look likely to lose 10 of the next 11 until they face the Sabres on March 26.  I think it is clear that the heavy favorites to finish 30th are the Coyotes. 

Well go compare Yandle, Vermette, Michalek, and Summers to Stewart, Neuvirth, Flynn, and Mitchell.  Do you think the returns aren't comparable because the players arent comparable or is it that our GM waited too long and didn't do a good enough job?

The returns shouldn't be even comparable because Yandle and Stewart aren't close to comparable.  And Vermette and Nuevirth aren't close to cmoparable.  The reason we got better returns for vanek, pominville, and miller is because they are better players.  

Well go compare Yandle, Vermette, Michalek, and Summers to Stewart, Neuvirth, Flynn, and Mitchell.  Do you think the returns aren't comparable because the players arent comparable or is it that our GM waited too long and didn't do a good enough job?

The returns shouldn't be even comparable because Yandle and Stewart aren't close to comparable.  And Vermette and Nuevirth aren't close to cmoparable.  The reason we got better returns for vanek, pominville, and miller is because they are better players.  

I agree Yandle and Stewart aren't comparable because Yandle is a defenseman. I didn't refer to the other players so don't create a straw man argument. 

Vermette and Stewart is a better comparison. Since the 2011-2012 season Vermette has scored 61 goals and Stewart has scored 56 goals. Vermette is 32 yrs. old to Stewart being only 27. Stewart is much younger, tougher and physically stronger (think playoff hockey). The biggest comparison is that Vermette yielded a 1st round pick and a prospect. Stewart only got a 2nd round pick 2 years out. I think the Coyotes did a better job than the Sabres. Murray was unable to trade Andrej Meszaros ,Andre Benoit, Tyson Strachan, Matt Ellis or Pat Kaleta for which he will receive nothing at the end of the season. I have been underwhelmed by Murray since he was hired and today only reinforced that idea. 

(p.s. Boston gave up two 2nd round picks for Connolly from Tampa and he has only scored 18 goals since 2011-2012)

Edited by PotentPowerPlay22

I agree Yandle and Stewart aren't comparable because Yandle is a defenseman. I didn't refer to the other players so don't create a straw man argument. 

Vermette and Stewart is a better comparison. Since the 2011-2012 season Vermette has scored 61 goals and Stewart has scored 56 goals. Vermette is 32 yrs. old to Stewart being only 27. Stewart is much younger, tougher and physically stronger (think playoff hockey). The biggest comparison is that Vermette yielded a 1st round pick and a prospect. Stewart only got a 2nd round pick 2 years out. I think the Coyotes did a better job than the Sabres. Murray was unable to trade Andrej Meszaros ,Andre Benoit, Tyson Strachan, Matt Ellis or Pat Kaleta for which he will receive nothing at the end of the season. I have been underwhelmed by Murray since he was hired and today only reinforced that idea. 

(p.s. Boston gave up two 2nd round picks for Connolly from Tampa and he has only scored 18 goals since 2011-2012)

With pysyk out for god knows how long, all of the D needed to stay.   Also a benoit meszaros pairing aids the tank.

I've been impressed with what murray got for the players at the deadline still.  

Flynn is a career AHL'r, Mitchel a 4th liner.   The neuvirth deal got us a good haul, and stewart a 2nd round pick.   Wanting anything more makes you delusional.

Vermette brings so much more to a team than stewart, he is solid posession player with a good FO%

Edited by Heimdall

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.