Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Sign Neuvirthn if you can, if not trade him. But I'm not in any hurry to ship off our last NHL goalie with such a weak UFA group of goalies

TM said today that he will explore possibly signing Neuvirth AFTER the trade deadline. There won't be an attempt to sign first.

TM said today that he will explore possibly signing Neuvirth AFTER the trade deadline. There won't be an attempt to sign first.

That makes a lot of sense.  I don't see him moving unless there's a dier emergency for a team in the next 8 1/2 days.  It doesn't make sense. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

How come I have to wait for a year + to get one of those?

Miller can get it done in the US where we don't wait as long as we pay all the $$$$$$ for one.

In the Canadian Health Care System being a NHLer gives you front of the line access

Being an NHL'er means... you can go to America! 

I think he takes a 5th for him. Helps the tank. Nobody is giving up much for a backup.

I'm thinking this is right.  I'm worried there are any teams out there who are looking for a backup.  Doesn't sound like Vancouver is interested.  Lundqvist will be back soon for the Rags.  What playoff or fringe team is even looking right now?

Firm prediction: Neuvirth will be one of the two goalies in uniform when the Sabres drop the puck for game one in October.

I did notice Djuda, that you did not say for which team ... the Sabres, or the other.

Come on, Mr. Firm Predictor, you can do better than that.

:P

I did notice Djuda, that you did not say for which team ... the Sabres, or the other.

Come on, Mr. Firm Predictor, you can do better than that.

:P

You see that everybody? It takes another coastal Canadian to appreciate all the subtleties of my posts. Edited by Djuda Chekhov

That's about where I was too.  It's hard for me to see Mitchell drawing that much attention, but that's probably because of the tank.  Plus guys like Goose and McCormick got moved at the deadline.

Bennie and Mess are Bennie and the Mess.

Although, I feel like the broadcast last night was pumping the tires on Mess pretty hard.  They built him up, but I only saw the usual shitfest back there.  I don't think he's one of those two mystery men either.

Edited by Я знаю физика

#coyotes were close to a trade involving Zbynek Michalek but it had to be halted because of his upper body injury. #tvasports

Interesting player.  32 year old Czech defenseman.  UFA, made $4M this year.  Played the hardest minutes in the desert.  Spent 81.8% of his 5-on-5 ice time with OEL.  Could be a good defensive depth-bolstering addition to a playoff team, or a weak team trying to sign his rights (cough, Edmonton).

Not sure we would go after him, but on Arizona's part, it's a good asset management move to ship the UFA and a good tank move to ship OEL's defense partner.

Edited by Я знаю физика

Interesting player. 32 year old Czech defenseman. UFA, made $4M this year. Played the hardest minutes in the desert. Spent 81.8% of his 5-on-5 ice time with OEL. Could be a good defensive depth-bolstering addition to a playoff team, or a weak team trying to sign his rights (cough, Edmonton).

Not sure we would go after him, but on Arizona's part, it's a good asset management move to ship the UFA and a good tank move to ship OEL's defense partner.

He's not going to a bad team. Playoff teams will be the ones looking to pay the price for the rental.

Craig Custance:

Asking price for Chris Stewart in one negotiation was a B+ prospect. No picks. Not as high as some of the speculation I've heard on him.

Also, Sabres haven't talked to any teams about Nikita Zadorov. Can't rule anything out when it comes to Buffalo but no talks there now.

He's still a real trade possibility. RT @StephenW716 @CraigCustance what about Neuvirth?

Edited by Tank

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.