Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Stewart has the flu

Still appears to be the rumor du jour, a few of the Bruins Bloggers are running with it as well

He may very well have the flu... but every team in the league uses "the flu" as a blanket excuse for a guy missing a game or two for other reasons (minor injury, stuff going on behind the scenes, etc.).

That was a report last week as well.  Spooner has no grasp of his ability around the net and has not even produced in the AHL.  Classic bust prospect.  I'm not a fan of Spooner and he's 23 already.   He's a downgrade from both Lemieux and Armia for prospect value.  

Will Spooner be any good? Guy seems like Luke Adam, but worse. Id rather a second

Has anyone watched him at all?  Is he fast?  Gritty?  At 5-10, 180 I would hope so.  Otherwise this sounds more comparable to Phil Varone than to Adam, who is big and slow albeit with good hands.

Toronto has two scouts in Manchester again. Director of Player Personnel Mark Hunter (who many expect to be their next GM) is there, too. I fully expect a Phaneuf-Richards deal continue to get heavy talks. Perfect shot for both teams to move those contracts for something that may help them.

McKenzie said they have had other talks, too. Nothing on the front burner right now.

Edited by Tank

Yeah, my head almost exploded when I heard this much was given up.  Once I came off the ledge, I could see what Murray is doing (by overhauling the style of play), but just don't agree with how he is going about it.  I get aggravated when I hear that Kane is a "legit 1st liner", "an elite player", "a 30 goal scorer", etc (which have all been said either here or other comment sections) as if these are all givens that should taken at face value.  Outside of his impressive 30 goal campaign 3 years ago, Kane is none of that currently.  "30 goal scorer" implies he's been rattling off 30 goals season after season, when its much more like 15-19 goals.  In addition, he wasn't even a first liner on his own team.  And we aren't talking about the Blackhawks here, its the freakin Jets.  And a guy who scores 30 once is elite?!!!!  Wow, how times have changed. 

The word "elite" was murdered a few years ago on this board.

BREAKING: The #leafs have trade Cody Franson and Mike Santorelli to Nashville for first-round pick, prospects.

The @MapleLeafs have acquired Nashville's first round pick in 2015 along with Brendan Leipsic and Olli Jokinen for Cody Franson and Mike Santorelli.

Edited by Tank

BREAKING: The #leafs have trade Cody Franson and Mike Santorelli to Nashville for first-round pick, prospects.

The @MapleLeafs have acquired Nashville's first round pick in 2015 along with Brendan Leipsic and Olli Jokinen for Cody Franson and Mike Santorelli.

YEAHHHH BLOW IT UP!

I'll trade our other first round pick for Kessel. 

Ok rather than skimming through this massive thread, where does Stewart go. And who else is has some trade value? Chris Stewart is my favorite active player but I know he's as good as gone..

For Stewart there has been talk all over the board. Boston, Calgary, Nashville, Winnipeg and more. Boston being the hottest rumor.

Then we have Neuvirth, Mitchell, Meszaros and Benoit that could command small returns.

For Stewart there has been talk all over the board. Boston, Calgary, Nashville, Winnipeg and more. Boston being the hottest rumor.

Then we have Neuvirth, Mitchell, Meszaros and Benoit that could command small returns.

Yeah I know basically everyone on the roster is available but that's just it, our roster is pretty terrible minus a handful of our young prospects. I've read that Boston has wanted Stewart for awhile now...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.