Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

What are the rules on extending ROR? This makes all the difference. Trade for him with an extension is fine.

He can't be extended until the offseason. Which is why I think Colorado is pushing for a move now because they know his value will drop unless an extension is signed. This is probably more of an offseason move.

I saw 2 errant passes and an ice by Myers.

I know the play you are talking about. It wasn't all on Myers. He was passing the a point where he thought the other player was going to be (and should have been) but they seemed to not be on the same page. They were both moving at a certain speed and as soon as he passed it, the other guy (not sure it was Gorges both times) held up for some reason. Nobody is playing with any confidence right now.

Just my take.

Full story from McKenzie regarding O'Reilly: http://www.tsn.ca/a-...-think-1.186227

That was a good read, thanks for posting.

I heart Bob McKenzie. (in a purely platonic way of course).

Agreed.

He thinks Myers for ROR straight up is fair, but I support his contention that it would almost necessitate a contract extension before the trade. Otherwise the risk is so big for Buffalo based on Myers' potential and ROR's one year remaining contract, I'd want to see more (like previously mentioned 2015 2nd).

I think the way around the contract issues is a conditional pick, or by making them take Cody Hodgson for a pick.

O'Reilly is a good fit and exactly the sort of player Murray said he would target.

I just really worry about our young defence without Myers.

I think the way around the contract issues is a conditional pick, or by making them take Cody Hodgson for a pick.

O'Reilly is a good fit and exactly the sort of player Murray said he would target.

I just really worry about our young defence without Myers.

don't be worried. Zadorov and Risto are good to go. Two big puck moving physical dmen make Myers expendable anyway.

don't be worried. Zadorov and Risto are good to go. Two big puck moving physical dmen make Myers expendable anyway.

Not sure about that. Not sure if it's the losing that's taken their excitement away and made them, more so Risto, not care, but they aren't close to being a 1-2 pair yet, and if we lose Myers it's up to them and Georges to fill out that spot. Not exactly thrilled about that next season; I'd much rather have them paired as 1-2 guys for next season.

I'm on the fence about Myers. I was a huge advocate of trading him away earlier this year, and last year, but the more I think about it the more I realize how far off the rest of our d-men are from being competent full time NHL players, let alone living up to their supposed potential

Not sure about that. Not sure if it's the losing that's taken their excitement away and made them, more so Risto, not care, but they aren't close to being a 1-2 pair yet, and if we lose Myers it's up to them and Georges to fill out that spot. Not exactly thrilled about that next season; I'd much rather have them paired as 1-2 guys for next season.

I'm on the fence about Myers. I was a huge advocate of trading him away earlier this year, and last year, but the more I think about it the more I realize how far off the rest of our d-men are from being competent full time NHL players, let alone living up to their supposed potential

Ya I dunno. It's a hell of a situation. Maybe we can sucker someone into taking Mess and Benoit. Nobody thinks Mess will be here next year anyway. Might as well try to get something for him like a fruit basket or something. I think our poor play just degrades everyone's value except Girgensons and Ennis and I hope we keep those two, Risto and Zadorov. At this point I think Girgensons rise kind of puts Grigorenko and Armia in a bit of a situation. He has developed much quicker than those two and now throw in Reinhart and our likely 2015 pick. I'm sure we could get something of value for a Grigorenko/Hodgson or Stafford/Armia deal. Not sure what as I just thought about it. Next year I would like to see Lemieux get some fourth line action.

Ya I dunno. It's a hell of a situation. Maybe we can sucker someone into taking Mess and Benoit. Nobody thinks Mess will be here next year anyway. Might as well try to get something for him like a fruit basket or something. I think our poor play just degrades everyone's value except Girgensons and Ennis and I hope we keep those two, Risto and Zadorov. At this point I think Girgensons rise kind of puts Grigorenko and Armia in a bit of a situation. He has developed much quicker than those two and now throw in Reinhart and our likely 2015 pick. I'm sure we could get something of value for a Grigorenko/Hodgson or Stafford/Armia deal. Not sure what as I just thought about it. Next year I would like to see Lemieux get some fourth line action.

Girgs is not affecting anybody's roster spot. The fact he is our #1 center says it all. Plus what would his development have to do with Armia? They play different positions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.