Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Myers & BUF's 2nd rounder for ROR and COL's 1st and a conditional 1st if ROR doesn't resign in 1.5 years. However, the 2nd rounder becomes the higher of the two non-BUF 1sts if COL misses the playoffs.

That trade has more moving parts than sofia vergara on a treadmillhttp://youtu.be/u0w9My5iTB4

Edited by inkman

That trade has more moving parts than sophia vergara on a treadmill

Well you've got to admit it sounds like a GMTM move based on the Miller trade's complexity.

Columbus is 14 points out of the last playoff spot. Why on earth would they trade for rental goalie?

Marketing mainly, they just made the playoffs for the 1st time in years last year and had two NHL All-Stars; you really think Columbus wants to risk losing all the momentum they gained this past year?

Stafford and Enroth for a 1st :)  it would at least show their trying to get to the playoffs and we've seen stranger trades.

From a post on another website, I saw that Rinne might be skating with the team again. 

Pekka is fine.  He wouldn't have missed any time had it been the playoffs.  I saw him walking around the suite level last game and he was skating normally at practice yesterday.

BTW - Carter Hutton isn't very good, but Marek Mazanec who has been playing down in Milwaukee is the goalie of the future.  He was recalled for tonight's game and might play.

I want Smashville to win the cup. Idk, I just always like them. Also the Forseberg trade... genius.

The Forsberg trade was ridiculously one sided, obviously.  And, Poile made arguably the best free agent signing of any team by signing Mike Ribero (39 points) for only $1.05 million and pairing him with James Neal who he played with in Dallas.  Ribero was a total steal.

Marketing mainly, they just made the playoffs for the 1st time in years last year and had two NHL All-Stars; you really think Columbus wants to risk losing all the momentum they gained this past year?

Stafford and Enroth for a 1st :)  it would at least show their trying to get to the playoffs and we've seen stranger trades.

Do you even think before you post these?

Do you even think before you post these?

.... Do you have no ability to think outside the basic reasonings behind a trade. Marketability

was partly the reason we middled for years. Columbus has had some trouble drawing fans and they seem to be growing now, Ohio St winning only makes keeping them self relevant more important.

Edited by thewookie1

.... Do you have no ability to think outside the basic reasonings behind a trade. Marketability

was partly the reason we middled for years. Columbus has had some trouble drawing fans and they seem to be growing now, Ohio St winning only makes keeping them self relevant more important.

If any name screams marketability, it's Jhonas Enroth.

There's a growing sense that Jagr will be dealt prior to the deadline to a contender. Looking at contenders that might have a desire to pick him up I could see the following as logical destinations:

Montreal: they've had trouble scoring on a consistent basis and there have been rumors of Jagr to Montreal for years.

Nashville: They've been looking to add a top-six winger for some time according to reports so he could be their fit if they want to add experience.

Winnipeg: There has been some wondering if they'll look to add a forward to help solidify themselves as a playoff team.

Pittsburgh: The return to Pittsburgh has always been talked about and Rutheford has said that the team likely isn't done trying to get the lineup they want.

NY Islanders: Okposo is out for up to two months which could lead to them trying to add, but it would have to be sooner rather than later since he'll return by the deadline.

No mention of what teams, but some are interested in Gorges per 4th period

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/buf150127.html

Can't imagine he goes anywhere. He's a perfect veteran presence on the blue line. Plus, trading him away after convincing him to come here wouldn't look good for Murray or Buffalo.

Unless he requests it

Still wouldn't look good. He came here cause of his buddy knowing full well this would likely be the most trying time of his professional life. I think he he's here for the long term and enjoy the turnaround that starts to happen the minute this dreadful, life sucking, waterboard wishing season comes to an end. And then, it's summer. Ahhh.

Unless he requests it

Still wouldn't look good. He came here cause of his buddy knowing full well this would likely be the most trying time of his professional life. I think he he's here for the long term and enjoy the turnaround that starts to happen the minute this dreadful, life sucking, waterboard wishing season comes to an end. And then, it's summer. Ahhh.

This. He knew what he was getting into, to go through the worst part and leave before the reward gets here would  be foolish

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.