Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I bet Phil Kessel would get it done. I don't think we have a player for them though.

That's Dinosaur MacTavish thinking. "We have a team full of lazy wingers and no defense or goaltending. I've got an idea!"

But I would literally jizz myself if Tim Murray convinced MacT to give away that pick for any two of anything that didn't include Reinhart or a 2015 or 2016 first.

I mean:

Myers and ______ = new pants.

Grigorenko and ______ = pants shopping.

Ennis and ______ = time to go to JC Penneys.

Even trading away the wonder twins Risto and Zad, who I very much like, you likely get some combination of McDavid, Eichel, or Hannafin, and I get some chinos.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

I still make the move. Girgensons can be moved to the top line as a winger and serve two purposes. First he will improve his goal total with McEichel setting him up. Second McEichel is going to be targeted by other teams, Zemgus will be out there to watch his back.

Well we could very rapidly run into a glorious problem, You could have McEichel, Reinhart, Zemgus, Grigorenko all on the roster. That is an interesting dilemma.

That said I don't trade a ton for O'Reilly for other stated reasons.

Probably Reinhart, Risto a first and a new owner.

Yea I was thinking Myers, Zemgus, Reinhart and a pick.

I think the way around the contract issues is a conditional pick, or by making them take Cody Hodgson for a pick.

O'Reilly is a good fit and exactly the sort of player Murray said he would target.

I just really worry about our young defence without Myers.

It's hard to imagine these guys if they actually played on a good team . Myers is they only value we have and must get a playmKer that can create on his own . Oreilly is as overrated as myers w no upside compared to myers if he actually is beside someone that teaches him to relax and play hockey . We are the perfect suckers . Since we have cash sign him or anone like him in fa . Larkin and a pick looks more promising . If you gave reinhart two speedy winger one great one and ennis/armia we would have good second line and a good third with our all star at center . If we get luck at our sucking plan we one piece of a first line mc e and we could prob attract two fa to play beside him . That leave one spot on the third line and prod

Prospects .. Actually looks bright if we epically fail and have a healthy competition in camp .still a top d pair which zad rist may turn into . Hopefully they dump stafford slong with all reminders of this year . It will be interesting to see Murray play gm .. He isn't handcuffed by anything . If this aligns for buff by this time next year they might gel and look like a hockey team if they get mc e which causes all to play better. If they get third in draft thry have to find two scoring wingers and a first line center and they suffer next year and two years from now they look like a hockey team . A twenty game chl win streak the situation may look to bright to suffer for more than a half a year more

This bunch only played together in 85. Schoenny was shot in his 2nd go. Virta in the Bowman doghouse iirc.

Since Pegula owns a record label, we need to have Zadorov cover Schoenny's album and put it out. I'm 83% joking, but in this city, you could probably make $100K for charity if he can even sort of carry a tune....with that accent? Gold!!!

It's hard to imagine these guys if they actually played on a good team . Myers is they only value we have and must get a playmKer that can create on his own . Oreilly is as overrated as myers w no upside compared to myers if he actually is beside someone that teaches him to relax and play hockey . We are the perfect suckers . Since we have cash sign him or anone like him in fa . Larkin and a pick looks more promising . If you gave reinhart two speedy winger one great one and ennis/armia we would have good second line and a good third with our all star at center . If we get luck at our sucking plan we one piece of a first line mc e and we could prob attract two fa to play beside him . That leave one spot on the third line and prod

I can only see Zemgus being moved to the win at the moment, unless we unload grigorenko somewhere.

Since Pegula owns a record label, we need to have Zadorov cover Schoenny's album and put it out. I'm 83% joking, but in this city, you could probably make $100K for charity if he can even sort of carry a tune....with that accent? Gold!!!

At least Zadorov could do some City Mattress commercials.

Edited by X. Benedict

This is all I can picture...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.