Fantasy Football

inkman

I'm sure this thread will have it's detractors but I want a place to talk without too much subterfuge and this place always seems to have just the right amount of input.

Soooo...I'm in a league that is implementing keepers One per team from last year. The round you drafted him in, is the round pick you forfeit this year. So my conundrum is Julius Thomas vs Emanuel Sanders. I drafted Thomas in the 12th round and Sanders in the 11th so I think the compensation is negligible but I'm concerned Sanders might have a huge year in Denver and may actually take away catches from Thomas.

Thoughts..

Edited by Spndnchz

I'm sure this thread will have it's detractors but I want a place to talk without too much subterfuge and this place always seems to have just the right amount of input.

Soooo...I'm in a league that is implementing keepers One per team from last year. The round you drafted him in, is the round pick you forfeit this year. So my conundrum is Julius Thomas vs Emanuel Sanders. I drafted Thomas in the 12th round and Sanders in the 11th so I think the compensation is negligible but I'm concerned Sanders might have a huge year in Denver and may actually take away catches from Thomas.

Thoughts..

Depends on league scoring, of course, but I'd go with Julius Thomas. Sanders is the third best receiving option on his own team (D. Thomas & Welker). Plus, good TEs are harder to find and thus more valuable.

Julius Thomas easily, even if he were the more expensive keeper. Who are your other options?

Ray Rice was my first...sigh. Not sacrificing a first in this years draft for him. Forte was my 2nd and Sproles was my third. RG3 was my 4th. No way am I taking that risk.

I submitted Thomas. I'm confident in my drafting. I've been playing FF since the 80's. I've actually become annoyed at the ease of access to info. It used to be if you knew some shiz you would most likely have a good team. Now my Dad plays. Anyone can have 50 mock drafts or rankings with the click of a mouse.

This year I got roped into being commissioner of a new league of mostly non-expert fantasy footballers. Have never been a commissioner before, so it is different. I went with ESPN as the host, although there are a ton of options for league hosting sites these days. I got to set up the scoring system, which was kind of fun. Should be interesting...

Ink, I would agree with J. Thomas as the keeper selection. He is probably right behind Graham in the second tier of top TE. If you can have a difference maker there that gives you a huge leg up on a weekly basis.

sidenote, I really enjoy the keeper at draft round format for fantasy, gives it a little more strategy than just keep your best few players. I was able to hit on this format in my dynasty baseball league and have Trout, Harper and Strasburg in the 21, 22, and 23rd rounds. Talk about dynasty... :thumbsup:

Do you know your draft order? Is it a snake? If it ends up being a late round pick, Matt Forte in the late second is a steal; he's going top 3 a lot of places. Of those two, however Thomas.

I've culled some of my fantasy play; down to only 3 leagues this year. I don't know what I'll do with my free time.

Do you know your draft order? Is it a snake? If it ends up being a late round pick, Matt Forte in the late second is a steal; he's going top 3 a lot of places. Of those two, however Thomas.

I've culled some of my fantasy play; down to only 3 leagues this year. I don't know what I'll do with my free time.

I'm doing that with hockey as well. I think I'm going to just play Lockout Survivors and that's it. We'll see.

Holy cripes. With the way RBs are being treated by teams - in terms of time shares and compensation - and the way the league is calling penalties in the defensive backfield this preseason, I'm thinking that the era of going early on RBs is just about over.

I have the #1 overall in my 12-team re-draft PPR league. I'm not over-thinking it: Jamal Charles at #1.

But once the draft gets back around to me at 24 and 25, I will almost certainly go WR-WR. Those are the guys that are still being featured in offenses and will be scoring in reliable numbers. Thoughts on that?

I've been drafting QB's in the first round almost exclusively. Of course, the league I posted about I drafted ray rice in te first and RG3 in the 4th. I won the league but neither of those guys were on my final roster.

I've been drafting Rogers, Brees and Brady in the first in almost all my leagues. (Previous years)

Rookie WR sleeper: We all know about Sammy Watkins, but look for rookie WR Jordan Matthews of the Eagles to have a good year. The guy is the SECs all-time leading receiver and the Eagles have been raving about him in camp.

I have stated away from rookie WR's forever. Drafted Corderelle Patterson late last year and cut him by week 5. The payoff is rarely there their rookie seasons.

Holy cripes. With the way RBs are being treated by teams - in terms of time shares and compensation - and the way the league is calling penalties in the defensive backfield this preseason, I'm thinking that the era of going early on RBs is just about over.

I have the #1 overall in my 12-team re-draft PPR league. I'm not over-thinking it: Jamal Charles at #1.

But once the draft gets back around to me at 24 and 25, I will almost certainly go WR-WR. Those are the guys that are still being featured in offenses and will be scoring in reliable numbers. Thoughts on that?

I'm thinking the exact opposite. I'm praying for a top 5 so I can get one of the top guys. With so few trustworthy backs out there I'm grabbing those backs earlier than normal through the first couple of rounds.

There are probably 15 or 16 guys at wr that could easily finish top 10 IMO. All about supply and demand IMO.

Edited by Derrico

Liger or tank (I don't remember which) and I both said we would be down so long as we didn't have to commish

I'd be down too. I'm out for commissioner though.

And I haven't taken a RB in the first round since AP's second year in the league.

So right now we're looking at 5 or so to join a league. I would think the min would have to be 10. I've only played on nfl.com which I don't think would be too hard to commish. I think the leagues are pretty easy to set up.

Edit - Just checked and it's pretty easy to set one up so I don't mind as long as we can get 10 interested.

Edited by Derrico

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.