Fantasy Football

inkman

So Romo, Brady and Tate killed me today.....

Drafted McCoy 2nd overall and its killing me already. I hate drafting that early. You almost never get value. I'd rather draft 8-12 every time because I know one of my first 2 picks will be a stud. Drafting 2nd and 20th, if you miss on the first, season over.

Jamaal Charles... 2 freaking points. Good thing I have Demarco Murray and Ryan Matthews also in this week. Murray was an animal and I need Matthews to just show up. Corderalle Patterson... well you are a boom or bust guy week to week so thank you! I should win my league but I played against Matt Ryan, 32 points... stupid Matt Ryan.

I was lucky and drafted 6th. I too hate drafting at the top because I want to take two solid players to keep all my eggs out of 1 basket.

Oh I should add that the league I am in is all with Football guys and one of them told me he could beat me in Fantasy Hockey... I laughed so hard I soiled my pantaloons.

Edited by LGR4GM

Do you know your draft order? Is it a snake? If it ends up being a late round pick, Matt Forte in the late second is a steal; he's going top 3 a lot of places. Of those two, however Thomas.

I've culled some of my fantasy play; down to only 3 leagues this year. I don't know what I'll do with my free time.

Update: I'm back to 5. Goddamn it, Dave.

I know this looks bad saying this after such a poor performance yesterday but I can't believe Charles fell to you at 6. He will bounce back. Don't think he'll be near last years totals but he is still a great player.

Yea I was surprised he was there at 6 I was all set and prepared to draft Calvin but nope Jamaal was there. Even with Charles sticking up week 1 I still won by 19 points and I was up against a 32pt performance from Matt Ryan. All in all a good week and I just found out my two waiver requests cleared. Kelvin and Jake are not sitting pretty on my bench.

So someone in my league dropped Garcon and someone else dropped Sanky. I don't love Sanky but I feel like he should be rostered and Garcon is a WR2 in my eyes. Problem is I am weak at rb. After Charles I have Gerhart, Spiller, Tate, West, Ridley and Jeremy Hill. Is there someone from that group I can drop for Garcon? My WR are Nelson, Marshall, Sanders and Welker. Non PPR.

I don't love any RB outside of Charles but I could see all of them having value. Do I drop anyone for Garcon or Sanky?

So someone in my league dropped Garcon and someone else dropped Sanky. I don't love Sanky but I feel like he should be rostered and Garcon is a WR2 in my eyes. Problem is I am weak at rb. After Charles I have Gerhart, Spiller, Tate, West, Ridley and Jeremy Hill. Is there someone from that group I can drop for Garcon? My WR are Nelson, Marshall, Sanders and Welker. Non PPR.

I don't love any RB outside of Charles but I could see all of them having value. Do I drop anyone for Garcon or Sanky?

I'd drop Tate and Hill. Tate is a risk but he's never healthy and if West plays well, he may not even get his job back. Hill will really only be valuable if Bernard gets hurt. Even if you end up needing to trade for a RB, it will be easier to use Garcon as your trade chip than Hill...and if people don't want Garcon, having him makes trading another wideout more palatable.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Thanks for the advice. It just hurts dropping someone whom I spent a mid round pick on (Tate) when my RB quality is so poor. I love the prospect of Hill even if Gio doesn't get hurt. Green Ellis had so many carries last year and I feel like Hill is the guy who will take that roll. I realize that didn't happen Week 1 but I love the probability of more touches as the season goes on (even without a Gio injury). I feel like Gio is more of a Vereen type player who does better catching the ball but doesn't exactly have the frame to take a bunch of carries up the middle.

Well I put in the claim for Garcon and will drop Tate. Man I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me.

Hill is not platooning with Gio. Gio is the feature back, and is a stud. If you have a chance to upgrade your roster, hill is the guy to drop.

I think I have to disagree with you on this one Hank. I do like Gio. I drafted him last year in the middle rounds and he was an excellent RB2 and even Flex on one team. However, Cincy ran Green-Ellis out there early and often despite Gio looking great last year. Then what did Cincy do in the offseason? They go spend a second round pick on one of the top running backs in the draft. That doesn't scream "Gio, you're our every down back." Therefore I think a bunch of touches has to go somewhere else and the obvious somewhere will be Jeremy Hill. I accept the Week 1 excuse of he's a rookie and you're playing a tough division rival on the road. I think by mid season this will be a full fledged timeshare. Gio is 5 foot 8, Hill is 6 foot 1. I think as the season goes along Hill will get substantial goal line work as well as first and second down looks. Gio will still end up with great stats by years end but with Hugh Jackson running the show in Cincy (run first OC) there will be plenty of touches to go around and Gio can't handle them all.

According to NFL.com Hill is only owned in 67% of leagues. If he's available in yours I advise you pick his ass up and thank me later.

Edited by Derrico

Likewise. I still think Gio is a good to great RB in a year where there seems like few and far between but I would be leery of his touches going forward is all. I wish I had him so we could work something out.

I ofcourse could be completely wrong though. Would be far from the first time, just ask my wife haha.

Edited by Derrico

I'm benching Alshon for Kelvin... see how that works

I've shied away from drafting big time receivers early forever (I think Jake Reed during Randy Mosses rookie season was my last). That left quite the bad taste in my mouth as 20 years later I'm still bent. Alshon was the earliest foray at WR since and it better not bite me in the ass.

Edited by inkman

Sorry ink, I'm playing you with Wheaton this week so I feel I cannot respond in good faith. I'm loving Benjamin's game so far, I think he could be a huge late round steal. Speaking of rookies, I'm also loving Brandin Cooks. But do I start Cooks over Crabtree for my flex??

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.