NHL Logo Rankings

Claude_Verret

I'm with Chicago too. They regularly win the kind of polls. The crazy amount of colors used is what usually puts it over the top.

At this point is pick Arizona as my dark horse. There's just something about the simplicity of their uniforms in general which really won me over when they first came out.

Arizona's are nice though I really liked their original logo

Well guys and gals, enjoy this little logo rankings top 5 finish while you can. It might be the only time 'Sabres' and 'Top 5' can be uttered in the same sentance for a while. Then again if Pheonix (ahem Arizona) and Dallas are still in it, I question the validity of the rankings.

Unless of course you mean 'Top 5 pick' or 'Top 5 prospect class', which are inherently best of the worst type rankings.

Unbelievable. The main issue with the Dallas logo is the D with its points look like some intern photoshopped that ###### thing on there. I mean some of the star points touch some partially touch, it looks like bad photo shop.

I never noticed that before. You're right, it does look amateurish that way.

I never noticed that before. You're right, it does look amateurish that way.

It is there to give a 3D effect, to look like the D is hovering over the star. The black spaces where the two don't "touch" is essentially a shadow. I'm not crazy about the logo, but to say it looks amateur-ish is a bit overkill to me.

It is there to give a 3D effect, to look like the D is hovering over the star. The black spaces where the two don't "touch" is essentially a shadow. I'm not crazy about the logo, but to say it looks amateur-ish is a bit overkill to me.

It's a little farfetched to say it's overkill.

It's a little farfetched to say it's overkill.

Maybe I should have said over analyzing it. We need to remember that the intended view of these things is not on paper or a computer screen. These things are meant to be viewed on the front of a jersey with all of those flashy and reflective fabrics they use. They look so much different there.

Maybe I should have said over analyzing it. We need to remember that the intended view of these things is not on paper or a computer screen. These things are meant to be viewed on the front of a jersey with all of those flashy and reflective fabrics they use. They look so much different there.

I was screwing around...

Well thankfully the Dallas Photoshops didn't make the top 5. Sorry I really hate their logo.

http://www.thehockey...6-dallas-stars/

All things aside, the shadow is terrible. The light is coming from the upper-left, but along the bottom edge there's no shadow at all even though it should be a black line straight across. If you wanted to be extra-fancy, the shadow line could move up a little when it crosses the implied bevel on the star, but no shadow just looks wrong. I spent far too much time when I was younger playing with 3d-look bitmap icons and this is amateur hour. As someone said, it's like a photoshop where the people's shadows don't match the rest of the photo. Fix the shadow, and it's an OK logo. It may just be one of the best non-round logos.

So who's left? Detroit, Phoenizona, BUFFALO!, Chicago and St. Loius. I don't see Buffalo coming in above 3rd on that list.

Edited by MattPie

So I quickly redid Dallas' logo in a few different ways and this is what I got. I think they look ten times better this way.

All white instead of white and grey bevel:

RLuwTfs.png

All grey instead of white and grey bevel:

r4LExbv.png

Here's the two where I stripped the bevel from either the star or the D but left it on there other part:

4fnKR1S.png

l33TJC6.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.