NHL Logo Rankings

Claude_Verret

There's a company around here that builds towers (I assume like private windmills, radio, etc.) that has "We're proud of our erections" plastered on the side of their trucks. I couldn't decide if that was a positive or a negative. I applaud them for being a bit bold, but it might be a bit too juvenile to trust them.

Back in the 70s when I worked summers building stages for stadium rock concerts, we had T-shirts printed up that read "Wild Buffalo Erection Company." They were a hot item on those tours.

Speaking of monuments, the one in front of city hall has an inscription that first reads "this statue was erected" I was drunk at the taste of buffalo last year dipping my feet in and nearly fell in laughing

Today I learned that wyldnwoody is thirteen.

Well, I mean, his name almost comes out to "wild woody" when said aloud.

It may not count since the sticker/motto was altered but there's a grocery store chain down here called Piggly Wiggly and they sell bumper stickers that say "I'm sticking with the pig" and there's a pig logo on them. One time years ago I was driving behind a guy who had 2 of these stickers on the back window of his truck. On his side it read "I'm sticking the Pig" and on his wife/girlfriends/shotgun side it said "I'm the pig". Still the second best bumper sticker I've ever seen behind this old veteran guy who had one on the back of his car that said "Vietnam. We were winning when I left".

Edited by Drunkard

Well...there are those pesky Maple Leafs. :(

three things.

first, they are the Toronto Maple Leafs, and they don't have a symbol for Toronto in their logo, just the word, and that's lame.

second, leafs isn't a word, so it literally can't be literal.

third, if leafs were a word, it would be plural, and their logo has but one leaf.

three things.

first, they are the Toronto Maple Leafs, and they don't have a symbol for Toronto in their logo, just the word, and that's lame.

second, leafs isn't a word, so it literally can't be literal.

third, if leafs were a word, it would be plural, and their logo has but one leaf.

It's a word, it's just that it's a verb. As in, "Phaneuf leafs through the TV Guide to find out what time the playoff games are on.."

It's a word, it's just that it's a verb. As in, "Phaneuf leafs through the TV Guide to find out what time the playoff games are on.."

Also, since each individual player is properly called a "Maple Leaf" it's okay to extend that proper noun to "Maple Leafs."

If the Leaf family lives next door you wouldn't say "hey honey, I wonder if the Leaves want to come over for an ######." You say "hey honey, I wonder if the Leafs want to come over and play grammar games!"

Also, since each individual player is properly called a "Maple Leaf" it's okay to extend that proper noun to "Maple Leafs."

If the Leaf family lives next door you wouldn't say "hey honey, I wonder if the Leaves want to come over for an ######." You say "hey honey, I wonder if the Leafs want to come over and play grammar games!"

You're right. Which is exactly why we have the Timberwolfs, Rockys, Phillys, and and Grizzlys. I'm not really sure what I was thinking initially.

my apologies.

:P

You're right. Which is exactly why we have the Timberwolfs, Rockys, Phillys, and and Grizzlys. I'm not really sure what I was thinking initially.

my apologies.

:P

Good point. Same reason we don't have the Orgys. Otherwise at least one team in each league would have the name.

But really, grammar nazis didn't exist in 1926... Just real nazis.

They're the ###### Leaves. As in "leave, Leaves, leave!"

This is Buffalo 101. It's basic.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.