Rochester Americans 2014-2015

spndnchz

For what it's worth, John Wawrow. AP writer, reports that some within organization have expressed concern over Sam's development

Interesting. Time will tell I suppose.  I will always wonder about Reinhart and Bennett.

Edited by LGR4GM

Sam is faster than he has seemed in the junior games I've watched. Great instincts. A couple no look passed flubbed but that's ok. Seemed to get muscled out of a few plays. Let him gain some weight and get up to pro speed and watch the hell out. Grigo has that same full ice awareness. He and Sam on the PP was the best I've seen at blue cross all year by far.

Link please?

It was an exchange on Twitter. Wasn't sure he was serious at first because it was in response to a sarcastic exchange between Jeremy White and Matthew Coller but he got agitated when he was questioned. When asked to elaborate he wouldn't saying it was still too early.

I wouldn't be too worried at this point. It could have been someone just voicing surprise at how far away he was from an NHL product early in the year.

Good to hear. I think Sammy is one of those guys who just suddenly 1 game it will click and everything will just slow down for him and fall into place. 

That's exactly the type of player he is.  He's not flashy, he's not going to wow you with an insane amount of speed.  But, he'll be on the rush, be where he needs to be and do all the things that you do when you're seeing the ice so clear.  That's what I see, because he doesn't have an amazing shot, but he finishes on the plays.  

It was an exchange on Twitter. Wasn't sure he was serious at first because it was in response to a sarcastic exchange between Jeremy White and Matthew Coller but he got agitated when he was questioned. When asked to elaborate he wouldn't saying it was still too early.

I wouldn't be too worried at this point. It could have been someone just voicing surprise at how far away he was from an NHL product early in the year.

Thanks for sharing. It was pretty clear his body wasn't ready to the big leagues. The Reinharts are known for their smarts and character, but may take a bit longer to develop physically. Excited to watch him in the next Amerks game. 

Wawrow strikes me as a bit high-strung.

I watched it on the net. Sam wasn't special but he was fine.

Thought he played the same sort of game we saw at the WJC and with Buffalo with his effectiveness falling somewhere in between. Not dominant, but not as weak physically as October and certainly not slow.

He's still not strong on the puck. Got bodied badly a few times. Not shy though. Made some exquisite passes.

Agree with the post above about the PP.

He doesn't look too suited on the wing and I really hope the Sabres don't break him in there. Why force him to use half the ice when he is so good at seeing it all? Why make him work the wall,when he needs to get stronger?

His game will be all about connecting with his linemates.

Grigo was meh, but his assist was gorgeous. Larsson was the best Amerk.

Edited by dudacek

The kid will have 4-5 months to train for camp. They will put him on a nutrition and strength program. No reason he can't put on 12-15lbs over the summer. Reinhart at 19 is a shadow physically of what he will be at 22. These kids all develop at different speeds.

He may take longer than we want but the skill and smarts are a gift. The beefing up is good old fashioned hard work. He will go to work and - here it comes - he will be just fine.

Thanks for the updates. He is better suited for centre due to his puck distribution skills. He also is sound positionally and plays all 200 feet when I have watched him. His right handed shot sets up well for a left winger like Kane. I hope we get McDavid for the obvious reasons but also to give us a left/right combo at centre.

Thought he played the same sort of game we saw at the WJC and with Buffalo with his effectiveness falling somewhere in between. Not dominant, but not as weak physically as October and certainly not slow.

He's still not strong on the puck. Got bodied badly a few times. Not shy though. Made some exquisite passes.

He doesn't look too suited on the wing and I really hope the Sabres don't break him in there. Why force him to use half the ice when he is so good at seeing it all? Why make him work the wall,when he needs to get stronger?

Good post, although, if he needs to get stronger, isn't putting him on wing to work the wall exactly where we want him now?

Thank you so much for saying this. It is the reason I never want to see him play wing in Buffalo.  He is a puck distributing centermen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.