Islanders Watch - Tank Commander II

X. Benedict

Yeah but they still won. Islanders with the moves they made are a playoff team and if u don't think so then your gonna be disappointed. I know it's early but the additions of Leddy and Boychuck are huge. Throw in Strome and Reinhart and they have a solid squad. We are not going to get a lottery ball from the Islanders it's all up to Buffalo to do that.

They sent Reinhart back to the AHL. Totally agree about Strome though, I wouldn't mind drafting his younger brother.

If we fall out of the two top picks, Strome, Hanflin or Zacha would be great additions to the team.

Honestly if those were our options and I had to draft one of them right this second, I go Zacha. By the end of the season it will be interesting to see where those 3 players fall because they have the potential to be Reinhart/Bennett quality guys. Again gotta see how this season plays out.

Zacha btw has 2g, 5a in 8games and I am fairly certain he had no points in his first 5 or 6 games. Zacha is playing his first season on NA ice so the adjustment isn't a surprise. He is also 6'3" 210lbs.

I know this should go in the draft thread but I've heard Hanifin is being hyped as a better prospect then Seth Jones. I think we need to take BPA and find a trade partner to take on one of our D if we end up picking third. I'm very curious to see how Zacha does this year. He's had a slow start in comparison to several of the other elite prospects but as you said, it may be because of the transition to NA.

The Islanders were the better team last night vs Sharks. Its still early but I'm starting to think now the best shot we have with them is to just miss the playoffs. Of course an injury to Halak, Tavares and/or Boychuk could bring them back into top 10 category.

Big John layed out Grabovski last night with a big but clean hit last night so thats 1 down I suppose.

I know this should go in the draft thread but I've heard Hanifin is being hyped as a better prospect then Seth Jones. I think we need to take BPA and find a trade partner to take on one of our D if we end up picking third. I'm very curious to see how Zacha does this year. He's had a slow start in comparison to several of the other elite prospects but as you said, it may be because of the transition to NA.

Totally agree. If the Sabres drop to the 3rd slot Hanifan is the guy. This might work out ok I suppose if we can trade Myers to Detroit for a top prospect. Bob McKenzie said yesterday that the Sabres are now setting their sights on Dylan Larkin as the Red Wings won't part with Mantha

Yeah but they still won. Islanders with the moves they made are a playoff team and if u don't think so then your gonna be disappointed. I know it's early but the additions of Leddy and Boychuck are huge. Throw in Strome and Reinhart and they have a solid squad. We are not going to get a lottery ball from the Islanders it's all up to Buffalo to do that.

it is the islanders. I believe they are a playoff team only after they have played game 1 of the playoffs

Yes. They have qualified for the playoffs in two of the last nine seasons. I agree things are looking up for them, but it's a long season and they are still the Islanders.

And one of those was a 48 game season. It kind of reminds me of that other team who continuously sucks but made the playoffs that year, Toronto.

Well we could trade Myers and draft Hanafin... if we got back Larkin and stuff it could actually work in the long run.

ps. I am just spitballing here

If we fall out of the two top picks, Strome, Hanflin or Zacha would be great additions to the team.

Would be? Excuse me. Sorry to jump down your throat, but it gets a bit weary, this idea that all good picks are going to turn into all good prospects are going to turn into all great additions to an NHL team. If it were true, the Islanders would have played Edmonton for the Cup last year.

Would be? Excuse me. Sorry to jump down your throat, but it gets a bit weary, this idea that all good picks are going to turn into all good prospects are going to turn into all great additions to an NHL team. If it were true, the Islanders would have played Edmonton for the Cup last year.

You are absolutely right PA, the picks might be of average talent throughout their careers, but top five picks have a better success rate in the NHL. Besides the addition of ANY talent to this team in the next few years is a blessing.

In terms of EDM and NYI. The Recent Islanders Draft Picks are starting to arrive in the NHL and show they are good possibly great additions to the team. They sent them back down to juniors or the minors to complete their development and things are certainly looking improved on the Island.

EDM drafted too heavy on forwards, ignoring defense and placed too many prospects on their NHL Roster before they were ready.

No need to apologize about jumping down my throat, its all good, I seem to recall a thread where the whole board was up your A** :P

You are absolutely right PA, the picks might be of average talent throughout their careers, but top five picks have a better success rate in the NHL. Besides the addition of ANY talent to this team in the next few years is a blessing.

In terms of EDM and NYI. The Recent Islanders Draft Picks are starting to arrive in the NHL and show they are good possibly great additions to the team. They sent them back down to juniors or the minors to complete their development and things are certainly looking improved on the Island.

EDM drafted too heavy on forwards, ignoring defense and placed too many prospects on their NHL Roster before they were ready.

No need to apologize about jumping down my throat, its all good, I seem to recall a thread where the whole board was up your A** :P

haha I'm never going to live that down.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.