Christian Ehrhoff bought out; Signs with PIT, 1yr $4M

Hoss

I cannot believe that this is STILL going on.

His name is in the thread title FFS.

I'm going to miss watching you go ballistic over this. It makes me laugh every freaking time.

The other r was bought out along with his contract.

Andrew Amerk, care to address this?

Edited by Eleven

Tim Murray to Buffalo News: Sabres buy out Christian Ehrhoff and it was an easy decision

By John Vogl

From the moment he was hired as general manager, Tim Murray has contemplated buying out defenseman Christian Ehrhoff. The compliance buyout process is done.

Murray told The Buffalo News this morning that the defenseman would be bought out, as long as Ehrhoff declined the waiver process. Ehrhoff's agent, Rick Curran, told The News that Ehrhoff has declined and filled out the buyout paperwork.

Ehrhoff had seven years remaining on a 10-year, $40 million contract. He is now an unrestricted free agent.

"Since I got here we’ve talked about this," Murray, who was hired in January, told The News this morning in Buffalo Niagara International Airport. "We’ve talked about his contract. We’ve talked about the repercussions of the contract with the penalties that the league has put on it. It’s been an ongoing discussion."

Aside from all that, Ehrhoff simply didn't want to be in Buffalo during the rebuild, and Murray said the defenseman's play didn't warrant keeping him.

Matthew Coller@MatthewWGR 2h

Ehrhoff was 13th in the NHL in Relative Corsi and scored as many EV points as Drew Doughty. Sabres doing a Leafs here

:(

Murray just bought out my favorite Sabre.

Put on a tape of that Detroit game near the end of the year.....

You could have put Tim Horton's casket out there and it would have been harder to get around than Ehrhoff.

I've never seen such a blatant mail-it-in job from a professional. If that game was NCAA, the feds would have investigated it for gambling purposes....and I am dead serious on that one....

Murray on Erhoff: "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen. He’s made I believe $22 million in three years and feels that we’re not going in the right direction, but he really hasn’t had much part in the direction the team has gone. So time to move on."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2014/06/tim-murray-to-buffalo-news-sabres-have-started-process-of-buying-out-christian-ehrhoff.html

Murray on Erhoff: "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen. He’s made I believe $22 million in three years and feels that we’re not going in the right direction, but he really hasn’t had much part in the direction the team has gone. So time to move on."

http://blogs.buffalo...an-ehrhoff.html

Translation : "You have the gall to bitch about the team sucking, while not doing a damn thing to change that yourself, while making millions of dollars - Get the ###### out of my sight!"

Edited by Kristian

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2014/06/tim-murray-to-buffalo-news-sabres-have-started-process-of-buying-out-christian-ehrhoff.html

Schnitzel-Slapped!!!

Put on a tape of that Detroit game near the end of the year.....

You could have put Tim Horton's casket out there and it would have been harder to get around than Ehrhoff.

I've never seen such a blatant mail-it-in job from a professional. If that game was NCAA, the feds would have investigated it for gambling purposes....and I am dead serious on that one....

At the end of the year when we were dressing a collection of random throw aways from other teams? After the team made it clear they wanted to tank to get the best possible pick? Any good player would have been frustrated by that. I don't blame The Hoff one bit.

Pick up Jovanowski off waivers

I'm going to miss Ehrhoff and his trade value, if anything I wonder if TM is trying to clean up potential future problems

Jovanovski is 38. The only reason to pick him up off waivers is if they really need his $4.1M contract to get to the cap floor.

At the end of the year when we were dressing a collection of random throw aways from other teams? After the team made it clear they wanted to tank to get the best possible pick? Any good player would have been frustrated by that. I don't blame The Hoff one bit.

It's fine to be frustrated. He was an embarrassment.

Tim Murray should give him a Roger Dorn jersey as a parting gift...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.