Christian Ehrhoff bought out; Signs with PIT, 1yr $4M

Hoss

Pardon my ignorance, but can somebody explain the $10 mil cap hit at the end? According to Capgeek if Ebrboff retires early the hit would only be $3 mil a year at the end.

It's only if he retires in 2020 and if he was traded prior to then. Or something like that.

Edited by nobody

Pardon my ignorance, but can somebody explain the $10 mil cap hit at the end? According to Capgeek if Ebrboff retires early the hit would only be $3 mil a year at the end.

It's a recapture penalty. Here's the grid: http://capgeek.com/recapture-grid (EDIT: look at the SECOND grid.)

Edited by Eleven

Ristolenin is a better version of the Hoff

Eventually he should be but, if ehroff is trying, there is no way he is there yet. I didn't really watch him enough in the AHL to know of he's ready enough to put up a full season with the big club yet, do you think he is? Even if he's not, barring some crappy ufa dman Murray picks up I'm not sure we have a choice but to bring him up. With Ehroff gone that maes1\3 of our starting defense is gone right?

Eventually he should be but, if ehroff is trying, there is no way he is there yet. I didn't really watch him enough in the AHL to know of he's ready enough to put up a full season with the big club yet, do you think he is? Even if he's not, barring some crappy ufa dman Murray picks up I'm not sure we have a choice but to bring him up. With Ehroff gone that maes1\3 of our starting defense is gone right?

Somewhere Chad Ruhwedal is smiling right now.

I think Risto is ready. He was the best player on the ice for either team most nights in the A.

I don't necessarily think that's fair to Regier. He had operated one way for his whole career here and then was given the green light to do whatever he wanted, having no prior experience doing something like that. It would be like being given a ford focus and told to drive the speed limit for 12 years and follow all the rules, then being given a Ferrari and told ignore all the rules and go as fast as you want. Is it at all surprising that he ended up crashing the car?

It's not fair to Regier — someone else was holding the brush.

Maybe someone can help me with this..

Erhoff is getting bought out, but the Sabres are not waiving him. How does that work? Isn't part of buying out someone that you have to waive them?

He has NMC in his contract which allows him to avoid waivers. If he doesn't agree to use NMC, Sabres have told him no buyout.

Aside - yea! THREE Ehrhoff threads! <_<

Just pay the penalty for not hitting the lower cap limit?

That should be a separate topic :)

What is the penalty by the way? Knowing the league they would change the rules and make the Sabres forfeit their first round draft pick in 2015.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.