Christian Ehrhoff bought out; Signs with PIT, 1yr $4M

Hoss

But but but...fracking! Meddling! Raising ticket prices! Daughter's twitter account!

The only explanation is that you're a racist.

But how many meetings did TM have with the owner before doing the buyout? As we all know, that's the true meddling litmus test.

I guess JoBa must have signed off on this as well!

Thinking on this, I believe the ultimate judgement will be 3-4 years from now. If we are looking for one more puck moving defenseman to push us over the line, then this move will look like a huge mistake. If we are spending to the cap and the top 4 are strong in both ends, the $4M freed up and removal of potential recapture will be the right decision.

This is a move that might prove once and for all Pegula regrets his first foray into ownership.

If he meddled, he just proved himself to be foolish at the time. It's an expensive mistake to admit, but he just did so.

And the more I see of Murray, the more it looks like he is the type of loose cannon that can cancel out the other loose cannons hanging around. For some reason I see him getting back to his condo today, putting on Aqualung, and spraying a can of RediWhip down his throat......

Maybe it's been mentioned upthread, but I'll put this here because it'd bear repeating: GM TM apparently persuaded Pegula to spend a boat load of money to jettison Ehrhoff -- a player that Pegula reportedly had a hand in targeting as a UFA.

Now, if only we had an owner who would let knowledgeable hockey people run the show, eh?

Be careful.....

Murray brought up a great point on Hockey Hotline this AM. The last few years of his deal he makes only one million dollars per year. That may have been enough for him to retire and play in Germany.

Maybe. Or if we really were a contending team at that point, he'd play for that little for a chance at a Cup or two.

I love this quote from the Buffalo News. Awesome!!!!!!!! We've needed a serious, tough-minded hand on the helm for a while - and I think we have it!! :)

“The fact that he quite frankly doesn’t want to be here makes it easy,” Murray told The News. “I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen. "

Could a trade be made with a promise of a trade back after a specified amount of time?

If the NHL changes their rules in regards to recapture I'm going to be furious though.

You can make handshake agreements, sure, but it wouldn't happen. Especially considering there's no guarantee that the guy you made the agreement with is still the GM in the future.

As for the second part: won't happen.

See article on Google now feed, go to check the forum... Holy Crap 9 pages, did not disappoint

Is there a grab the popcorn emoticon? This thread deserves one!

With that said, I whole heartedly agree with other posters and would love to see Orpik in our Jersey come the start of the season.

I love this quote from the Buffalo News. Awesome!!!!!!!! We've needed a serious, tough-minded hand on the helm for a while - and I think we have it!! :)

“The fact that he quite frankly doesn’t want to be here makes it easy,” Murray told The News. “I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen. "

Frankly I don't know how that quote makes me feel

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.