Christian Ehrhoff bought out; Signs with PIT, 1yr $4M

Hoss

I'm just shocked they couldn't trade him. Come on we couldn't get some more picks for him. I could see buying Leino out but I thought Erhoff could have been moved.

They could've traded him if they wanted to take the risk of the cap recapture... But they didn't and bought him out.

Who's got time for understanding the CBA when there's Luke Skywalker dolls action figures in original packaging to place a value on?

Neglected to include the players collecting 50% of HRR and their having an issue w/ the Sabres potentially not collecting any.

It doesn't invalidate the point that the Sabres are a small market team that tosses money around like a large market/revenue team. Are the Sabres paying for the Erhoff buyout or are the larger revenue generating teams. If I'm the owner of the Rangers or Bruins I would definitely be questioning how revenue sharing is working compared to the spirit of revenue sharing.

Sabres carried all of the risk, likely no one made it worth their while to make the deal.

Right, sorry. I should have worded that better.

Is it possible that with that threat of the recapture that GMTM didn't even bother to shop Ehrhoff? Would there have been ANY offer to make that worth while?

Right, sorry. I should have worded that better.

Is it possible that with that threat of the recapture that GMTM didn't even bother to shop Ehrhoff? Would there have been ANY offer to make that worth while?

I'm sure he at least listened. I think the ridiculous idea of somebody like Edmonton offering a 2015 first would've got a deal done but I doubt even the best of teams were going to run to him with a 2015 offer.

Plus, Ehrhoff's limited NTC list would've likely included many of the teams with valuable 2015 firsts. So it was likely small conversation and not much more.

Farewell Errorhoff. I won't miss that canon shot from the point that never made it through a maze of players plus your lackadaisical passes and lazy penalties. Last year was about the most unprofessional season I saw from Ehrhoff and Leino. They both couldn't hide their displeasure of representing Buffalo and they quit on the team.

Edited by 716

Gonna miss the Hoff……. :beer: :beer:

Not me. He never seemed part of the Sabres team, just seemed like a hired gun.

Pretty big minutes we just lost there, any idea on who fills them?

Pysyk. No, really.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Got it. I read his comment as stating that Ehrhoff doesn't make THIS team better, which is inaccurate (of course he does, he just doesn't make them better enough) and unnecessary.

Making the team better, if you're there to be "the veteran presence" is about a lot more than your own stats. He might statistically be fine, but if his attitude isn't including the youth around him, he's not making the team better.

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl 11m

Agent Rick Curran tells The News his client was pleasantly "surprised" by the Sabres' buyout decision, but all other comments will remain with Ehrhoff.

It works better with Christian's full thought printed.

Who is this 'Darcy" you speak of?

Erhoff was also a 32 year old blueliner on a team that stockpiled young defensmen.

The tense makes all the difference. The system is already stocked at D.

And the more I see of Murray, the more it looks like he is the type of loose cannon that can cancel out the other loose cannons hanging around. For some reason I see him getting back to his condo today, putting on Aqualung, and spraying a can of RediWhip down his throat......

My wife is wondering why I'm laughing at my computer. I have no idea I to explain.

Gotta love Mike Schopp's total ignorance of the revenue sharing system.

And the fact that he thinks Buffalo is a "small market" when it comes to hockey. Football? Sure. Hockey? Not even close. Mid-sized at the very least.

Guest Sloth

And the fact that he thinks Buffalo is a "small market" when it comes to hockey. Football? Sure. Hockey? Not even close. Mid-sized at the very least.

Agreed. Buffalo is a great place to play hockey. It's a strong part of the culture. The passion for hockey makes the area a mid-sized market. Such a large percentage of the population wants to be apart of it. Can't find that every where. Reinhart seemed very happy he was drafted by the Sabres. Ekblad on the other hand didn't appear to be that excited about being a Panther. In most drafts I'm sure a guy is hoping he gets picked number 1. However, w/ Florida having the pick this year I'm sure Ekblad, Reinhart and company were hoping to be a number 2. Buffalo is a hockey town. Gotta love it.

Edited by thanes16

He knows the revenue sharing system and that they are not "small market." He was making a point, one that I believe is valid, that they cry small market in need of revenue sharing when it works for their agenda but act like a well heeled, big market team.

He knows the revenue sharing system and that they are not "small market." He was making a point, one that I believe is valid, that they cry small market in need of revenue sharing when it works for their agenda but act like a well heeled, big market team.

Respectfully, I think this is an unnecessarily caustic description. They do what they need to do to get revenue sharing, which is the economically rational move in both the short term and the long term and is what anyone else would do. The tickets are still something like 7th-cheapest in the NHL.

Farewell Errorhoff. I won't miss that canon shot from the point that never made it through a maze of players plus your lackadaisical passes and lazy penalties. Last year was about the most unprofessional season I saw from Ehrhoff and Leino. They both couldn't hide their displeasure of representing Buffalo and they quit on the team.

Add paying to see this guys lack of heart. Totally unprofessional from a veteran guy. Adios.

Perspective is quite an interesting thing. I already see fans of a handful of teams clamoring for the 'Hoff to join their teams, particularly Avs and Wings fans.

I've always envisioned him in a Pens uniform.

He's exactly what the Avs need. I think that would be the best match for player and team.

I don't really understand this move. I understand we are tanking, but we just got even worse. Who is playing defense now? Myers is our number 1 - does that make Pysyk our number 2?

I guess if Ehrhoff made it clear he didn't want to be here and the risk of trading him and him retiring was too great or something

I don't really understand this move. I understand we are tanking, but we just got even worse. Who is playing defense now? Myers is our number 1 - does that make Pysyk our number 2?

I guess if Ehrhoff made it clear he didn't want to be here and the risk of trading him and him retiring was too great or something

All of the second paragraph answers your original question.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.