Tyler Myers going forward

LGR4GM

There is NFW I would trade Myers for #24.

I'm not interested unless there's a top-10 pick coming back.

Tyler Myers was the #12 pick. Has he increased his value since then or has it decreased?

I say his value today is no longer as high as his original pick. His body of work doesn't suggest he should have been picked higher.

Tyler Myers was the #12 pick. Has he increased his value since then or has it decreased?

I say his value today is no longer as high as his original pick. His body of work doesn't suggest he should have been picked higher.

#12 picks have flaws or are not 1st line/pair players typically. And mid 1st round picks are about 50/50 shots to have more than a cup of coffeein the NHL. I'd say Myers is worth more than a #12 pick. He has a good contract, is young, and is proven to at least be a 2nd pair d man. I'd want a return with that potential AND something for now coming back.

#12 picks have flaws or are not 1st line/pair players typically. And mid 1st round picks are about 50/50 shots to have more than a cup of coffeein the NHL. I'd say Myers is worth more than a #12 pick. He has a good contract, is young, and is proven to at least be a 2nd pair d man. I'd want a return with that potential AND something for now coming back.

You don't think that contract is a little heavy?

Personally, I'd rather take the chance on anyone 12 and above being better than where Myers is now.

Personally, I'd rather take the chance on anyone 12 and above being better than where Myers is now.

I dunno. When I read the scouting reports of guys in that range most of them sound like 3rd liners and projects. Myers is neither and you have to consider a premium for time. The team he goes to gets a good NHLer now.

I think our D with Myers is going to be sick in a couple years. Add the 2015 draft, some young guns in their first year and probably a TOP FA in 2015......giddy up

Beat me to it, except...

I agree that he still hasn't earned the contract. He also hasn't ascended into the top echelon of defensemen as we kinda thought he would. But that could still happen and in any case he's a good NHL defenseman who shows flashes of brilliance at both ends and who can play 20-25 minutes every night. I wouldn't trade that straight up for the #12 pick in what everyone says is an average-to-below-average draft.

It's a good thing Murray is smarter than Mike Schopp, who said he'd trade Myers for a 2nd round pick :wallbash:

Was that really said? Boy does that show get dumber every day.

Vancouver offered 6, 24 and Shinkaruk for 1 and was reportedly interested in Myers. Would anybody here have done 24, Shinkaruk and another solid prospect or Vancouver's 2nd rounder?

Edited by Tankalicious

It's a good thing Murray is smarter than Mike Schopp, who said he'd trade Myers for a 2nd round pick :wallbash:

To be fair he almost did an entire show asking what he was worth because he simply said he didn't know.

If the Sabres trade Myers now I'll be dumbfounded.

I'll be intrigued. I don't love him, but I don't hate him either. I think he's alright. That said, I'd like something better than alright in return.

Wouldn't we all

I'll be intrigued. I don't love him, but I don't hate him either. I think he's alright. That said, I'd like something better than alright in return.

Wouldn't we all

I'm with Ink. It's not so much that he's too good to ever trade, but with if we trade him after buying out Ehrhoff, our blue line suddenly looks...awful. Without Ehrhoff my knee-jerk reaction was Myers is basically untradable.

Same. Maybe Murray plans on having Zadorov, Risto, McCabe and Pysyk in Buffalo and then wants to bring in some vets to top it off? I wouldn't really be fond of that idea.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.