Tyler Myers going forward

LGR4GM

Solid endorsement (unsolicited I believe) for Myers on GMTM's HH appearance this AM. Maybe he's trying to drive up the price, but he laughed off the offers of a late first round pick for Myers (or Foligno) and said they are guys he likes and is planning to build around.

As much as I like TMGM for being hilariously blunt about how much we suck and how much things have to change, it was awesome hearing him be positive about a couple guys we already have.

Is Myers currently one of our 3 best players? I have Ennis, Stafford, and I guess Myers.

Do we trade all three for draft picks? What if they retire?

We should probably just buy out Myers contract to be safe.

He's out best player right now. There's a decent chance that Samson Reinhart becomes one of the top three players in his rookie season. Not a good thing. But not a bad thing, I guess.

Solid endorsement (unsolicited I believe) for Myers on GMTM's HH appearance this AM. Maybe he's trying to drive up the price, but he laughed off the offers of a late first round pick for Myers (or Foligno) and said they are guys he likes and is planning to build around.

He also laughed off the idea of the tenth pick in the first round for Myers.

It was unsolicited and it should put to rest those whispers that he sees Myers as a mid-pairing guy.

He endorsed him as one of the guys he wants to build around and scoffed at the idea he could have been had for the 10th pick in the draft.

And I'd encourage those who haven't to give it a listen. It's toward the end of the interview.

http://audio.wgr550....?pageid=1114813

I recommended listening to that interview in another thread and will do again here. Highlights that I can remember include:

- He and his team stayed up late after Round 1 to go over their strategy for day 2 and had pizza and wings.

- Reinhart and Nikita will both have the chance to make the team this year.

- If Reinart went #1, he would've been fine taking Bennet at #4 and was trying to get Calgary and Edmonton into a bidding war for #2.

- He expects to be active today.

- On day 2, he tried to acquire one of the guys who had been taken by another team the previous day in the 1st round but was rebuffed.

- One of the key points he made in arguing against changing the draft lottery was that changing it for next year would mean everyone knows which teams would be hurt by the change -- which would not be the case if the change weren't effective for, say, 3 years -- and that the teams that would be hurt would include teams that had already traded their 1st-round picks, because those teams would've given up a better chance at #1 than they thought they were giving up.

I came away pretty impressed with TM.

fwiw

https://twitter.com/...049486461669377

BGZCza_4_bigger.jpegHelene St. JamesVerified account@HeleneStJames

Looks like #RedWings may have to trade for d-man. Buffalo's Tyler Myers' big righty, but would cost Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco/Mantha & high pick.

+++

And, really, when's the last time the Red Wings got so little love from UFAs?

Edited by That Aud Smell

fwiw

https://twitter.com/...049486461669377

BGZCza_4_bigger.jpegHelene St. JamesVerified account@HeleneStJames

Looks like #RedWings may have to trade for d-man. Buffalo's Tyler Myers' big righty, but would cost Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco/Mantha & high pick.

+++

And, really, when's the last time the Red Wings got so little love from UFAs?

You are right. The Red Wings really didn't get the love.

Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco/Mantha. Add those to the team and the rebuild is pretty much complete. I figure Murray will wait until the trade deadline before he pulls the trigger on that one. Don't want to get too good just yet.

:huh: Sarcasm?

"Maybe. Maybe not. I don't know. Well, I do know, but I'm not going to tell you."

Well I hope Sarcasm because if I got offered all that Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco/Mantha for Tyler Myers, not sure I could accept the offer fast enough.

Well I hope Sarcasm because if I got offered all that Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco/Mantha for Tyler Myers, not sure I could accept the offer fast enough.

What the writer upthread was talking about was 1 of 4 prospects, plus a high pick. You don't get Nyquist and Tatar and Jurco and Mantha, it's or, plus a high pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.