Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Hoss

Moulson 5yrs 25mil :flirt:

Yay! My favorite Sabre returns. And, further proof that Murray has balls of steel. He trades away his guys at the deadline for significant assets. Then re-signs them as UFAs in the summer... AND keeps the assets he got for them. I have a man crush on Murray.

please tell me you are kidding :sick:

Why ?

We need solid vets that can bring along the young guns, and we have to hit the cap floor. Over paying for a high quality player like Moulson who genuinely wants to help Buffalo with our rebuild is money very well spent

Why ?

We need solid vets that can bring along the young guns, and we have to hit the cap floor. Over paying for a high quality player like Moulson who genuinely wants to help Buffalo with our rebuild is money very well spent

Plus we still need to get to the floor and that eats a nice chunk of it.

Why ?

Term is longer than I'd've preferred, but he apparently had a lot of suitors. This is only contract that might look bad when the kids are starting to gel. TM should be able to work w/ only 1 (not horribly) bad contract.

I'm fine with Moulson getting 5M, based on other contracts he fits between the bloated end (Pouliot) and the high guys like Vanek etcetera. I'd rather watch Moulson than having to have engorged in the Pouliot's and other trash in the world. Now get Otter!

Why ?

Because he's almost 31 years old, on the downside of his career, will be significantly diminished as a player by the time we are good and will want him to be, but he will still be taking up 5 mil of cap space, and he doesn't do anything in particular that I want the young guys to emulate.

Term is longer than I'd've preferred, but he apparently had a lot of suitors. This is only contract that might look bad when the kids are starting to gel. TM should be able to work w/ only 1 (not horribly) bad contract.

I would rather pay him 3 years, 21 mil than 5x5.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.