Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

I love this place. Ghost called out for his insanity and obsession with McDavid getting hurt and then the hook exchange below...

If funny that you say "exchange below." I have the board set up to display the newest posts at the bottom of the thread. There is an options button that allows you to play with different ways of displaying posts, but I can't find it.

Now, if you want to blow your mind, go to the page with the list of topics, click on Custom and change the sort direction to "ascending." You'll be transported back to the beginning of SabreSpace time and SDS' first post, on New Year's Eve 2004. There was no hockey, and the heavens were formless. Almost everyone had Tim Connolly avatars, which is weird. I was just a twinkle in some weird dude's eye. Chz was only seventeen.

Then SDS said, "Let there be light."

If funny that you say "exchange below." I have the board set up to display the newest posts at the bottom of the thread. There is an options button that allows you to play with different ways of displaying posts, but I can't find it.

Now, if you want to blow your mind, go to the page with the list of topics, click on Custom and change the sort direction to "ascending." You'll be transported back to the beginning of SabreSpace time and SDS' first post, on New Year's Eve 2004. There was no hockey, and the heavens were formless. Almost everyone had Tim Connolly avatars, which is weird. I was just a twinkle in some weird dude's eye. Chz was only seventeen.

I'm now glad that I made that typing mistake. Didn't know any of this.

And you can find gems like this:

http://forums.sabres...ospects-in-wjc/

Did any of our neighbors to the north get to see most of the games? Coverage here in the US was minimal with only the US team's games on ESPN2, except for the bronze medal game.

I was just wondering what your impressions were of Clarke MacArthur and Drew Stafford?

From what I saw of Stafford, he impressed me with his consistency. He ended up as the top US scorer withwith five goals and four assists.

What about MacArthur? Anyone see him play?

Were there any Sabres draftees on the European teams?

The end has no end.

Oh my god, this is awesome. How about this gem?

http://forums.sabres...abres/#entry573

Deluca1967 Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:34 PM

shrader, on Aug 3 2005, 07:30 PM, said:

Yeah, and Satan was traded for Craig Millar and Barry Moore. What's your point?

Millar and Moore were considered valued prospects at the time and Satan was only in his second year.

Briere played his way out Phoenix in his fifth year.

The point is that if you think Briere is a better player then you're nuts. No one outside of Buffalo even knows who he is. Satan gave what little offense the Sabres can muster some credibility.

And make a huge note of this. Satan and Zhitnik didn't want to play here. Why? The perception is that this franchise doesn't do what it takes to win. Players talk. Agents talk. And don't fool yourself into thinking that other players around the league don't hear what these players say about the Sabres. Players like Audette, Peca, Gilmour and Andreychuk had nothing good to say about this organIzation after they left.

Teams get reputations.

And the Sabres rep sucks.

So it would seem.

Am I the only turd that can't figure out where to change to ascending order so I can use the way back machine?

There's also a "Page 1 of 322" at the top of the threads and you can type '322' in the "go to" part. I just did that and looked at what was on the last/oldest page.

They only want you when you're seventeen, when you're twenty-one, you're no fun.

Prospect Recap Friday November 14th

OHL

Korostelev, Nikita RW Sarnia 1G 0A in 3-2 loss to Oshawa

Franzén, Gustaf C Kitchener 1G 0A in 5-3 win over Plymouth

Marner, Mitch RW London 1G 0A in 6-4 win over Owen Sound

Konecny, Travis RW Ottawa 1G 0A in 4-1 win over Belleville

QMJHL

Svechnikov, Yevgeni LW Cape Breton 1G 0A

Meier, Timo RW Halifax 1G 0A

Halifax defeats Cape Breton 3-2

Brisebois, Guillaume D Acadie-Bathurst 1G 0A in 5-3 win over Drummondville

Beauvillier, Anthony C Shawinigan 2G 1A

Yan, Dennis LW Shawinigan 1G 1A

Shawinigan defeats Rouyn-Noranda 5-4 in OT

WHL

Gropp, Ryan LW Seattle 1G 0A

Provorov, Ivan D Brandon 0G 2A

Gabrielle, Jesse LW Brandon 1G 0A

Seattle defeats Brandon 6-4

Harkins, Jansen C Prince George 1G 0A in 6-3 loss to Kelowna

Bittner, Paul LW Portland 1G 0A in 4-3 shoot-out loss to Everett

NCAA

Eichel, Jack C Boston U 1G 1A in 3-1 win over Maine

USHL

Bracco, Jeremy RW Team USA 1G 1Ain 4-3 Shoot-Out win over Bloomington

Boeser, Brock C Waterloo 1G 1A

Novak, Thomas C Waterloo 1G 1A

Dubuque defeats Waterloo 8-4

Prospect Recap Saturday Nov 15th

OHL

Strome, Dylan C Erie 1G 0A in 5-2 loss to Kitchener

Knott, Graham LW Niagara 1G 0A in 5-1 loss to Peterborough

Korostelev, Nikita RW Sarnia 0G 2A in 5-2 win over Sudbury

Andersson, Rasmus D Barrie 0G 2A in 3-2 win over North Bay

QMJHL

Meloche, Nicolas D Baie-Comeau 1G 0A in 3-1 win over Saint John

Yan, Dennis RW Shawinigan 1G 2A

Beauvillier, Anthony C Shawinigan 0G 3A

Shawinigan loses to Val-d`Or 7-4

WHL

Merkley, Nick C Kelowna 0G 2A in 6-2 win over Prince George

NCAA

Werenski, Zack D Michigan 0G 2A in 6-3 win over American International

Liiga

Saarela, Aleksi C Assat 1G 0A in 3-2 win over SaiPa

SuperElit

Ahi, Filip LW HV-71 1G 0A in 3-2 loss to Färjestad BK

Forsberg, Fredrik RW Lesksands IF 2G 2A in 7-0 win over AIK

Edited by Crusader1969

Here's deal: we win the lottery, one of the teams below is picking second.

Is there anything Arizona could do to make you swap picks?

Colorado?

Columbus?

Florida?

Edmonton?

Carolina?

Nothing that they would realistically do, no. If Colorado comes in guns hot and offers up two of their elite young forward then absolutely. If Columbus offers up Johansen and another young player (Jenner?) then maybe. Edmonton offers two of Hall, Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins? Maybe. Florida and Carolina have nothing that would entice me.

Prospect Recap Saturday Nov 15th

OHL

Strome, Dylan C Erie 1G 0A in 5-2 loss to Kitchener

So in Strome's first 2 games without McDavid, he has 1 goal (last night) and 1 assist (Friday).

Tonight in the OHL, it's Baptiste (Sudbury) versus Bailey (Kitchener) at 6pm ET.

Here's deal: we win the lottery, one of the teams below is picking second.

Is there anything Arizona could do to make you swap picks?

Colorado?

Columbus?

Florida?

Edmonton?

Carolina?

Sure, maybe. If there's not much difference between McDavid and Eichel, I'd definitely be open to trading down a spot for Eichel.

Edited by Robviously