Semifinals Thread

Eleven

I've spent lots of time in NYC and DC and neither comes close to Chicago IMHO. I don't mind NYC for short trips, and I could live in DC, but if given the chance to live in any US major city (without taking into account the cost of living), Chicago would easily be my #1 choice.

Chicago is NYC and Buffalo put in a blender.

NY is nice....the biggest thing is you have everything you need within 3 blocks. So many choices.

I prefer Toronto. It is a sanitized NYC. You can also live in a relative suburb for a decent price and not have a 90 minute commute. All the cultures, plenty of arts, and tons of pockets of Elmwood/Village areas.

Rangers defenseman Moore suspended two games: http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

New York Rangers defenseman John Moore has been suspended two games for an illegal check to the head of Montreal Canadiens forward Dale Weise during Game 5 of the teams' Eastern Conference Final series in Montreal on Tuesday, May 27, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 10:41 of the third period. A match penalty for illegal check to the head was assessed to Moore.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

NY is nice....the biggest thing is you have everything you need within 3 blocks. So many choices.

I prefer Toronto. It is a sanitized NYC. You can also live in a relative suburb for a decent price and not have a 90 minute commute. All the cultures, plenty of arts, and tons of pockets of Elmwood/Village areas.

Agreed on Toronto. Easily one of my favorite cities in the world.

I've never been to Chicago but am pretty sure I would like it.

When I lived in NYC I didn't have a car. I wonder if any of the other cities mentioned have as much to offer to the carless. FTR, I really liked Seattle.

I've never been to Chicago but am pretty sure I would like it.

When I lived in NYC I didn't have a car. I wonder if any of the other cities mentioned have as much to offer to the carless. FTR, I really liked Seattle.

I lived in Chicago without a car for 3 years. A isn't a necessity. I have since moved to Evanston where you could get by but it is tougher. Commuting for me is a 5 minute walk and a 25 minute train ride.

In one of the other threads someone posted a statement from Murray saying LA is the model. If true, sign me up. That is a brand of hockey I like.

I feel a bad LA goal coming. A rough bounce or just bad play by Crawford.

Hossa has looked exhausted all OT. Even at the start of a few shifts. He might need to stay off for a bit.

Edited by Tankalicious

That 1st overtime was one of the best, cleanest periods of hockey action I've ever seen - almost non-stop action and intensity.

Holy ###### - what a win by the Hawks!!

They're showing why they're the defending champs - but a huge uphill battle for them ahead.

That 1st overtime was one of the best, cleanest periods of hockey action I've ever seen - almost non-stop action and intensity.

Holy ###### - what a win by the Hawks!!

They're showing why they're the defending champs - but a huge uphill battle for them ahead.

I'm glad they pushed the series to six. There's no way they should exit so soon.

This also guarantees at least two more days of hockey before the finals. Hopefully Montreal wins tomorrow to lock up at least one game seven and more more than three days without hockey between the semis and the finals.

11 basically summed up my feelings about NYC. Terrible attitudes, and utterly dirty. You would think the most famous city in the world would want to take more pride in its appearance. Tokyo, Miami, Toronto, Paris, etc are all vastly cleaner cities.

Also, the commuting. Got stuck sleeping in Grand Central Station once, because they couldn't figure their bus schedules out, and couldn't even tell us what time it was coming.

Another time, leaving a concert on Governors Island, couldn't get train tickets because not only were the automated booths not accepting credit or cash (only coins), but the ticket booth was closed. Created a nice scenario for around 50,000 people all trying to leave at once. No cabs could even be found, and no stores were open. I ended up trading a homeless man some cash for some change. Have never been back, and never will.

There are great options for food, cool historic sites, but its not worth the hassle, nor the atrocious prices for everything.

Edited by Andrew Amerk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.