First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

Yes indeedly.

FWIW, i'm rooting for the Habs and the Red Wings. I was impressed with the Red Wings tonight. They played a very tough, smart game. And Datsyuk's goal was the stuff of legend.

I don't watch him enough, but the last 2 games I saw, he made a selfish icing with 1 minute left and an empty net. Not even a realistic chance to hit the net, and not enough pressure to warrant a panic dump. Everyone praises him, but that doesn't seem like a smart player.

I don't watch him enough, but the last 2 games I saw, he made a selfish icing with 1 minute left and an empty net. Not even a realistic chance to hit the net, and not enough pressure to warrant a panic dump. Everyone praises him, but that doesn't seem like a smart player.

You don't watch him enough.

The icing tonight wasn't selfish or stupid. They needed to clear the puck. He lobbed it because one of his players was in a position where he may have been able to knock it down and put it in the net. It didn't turn out that way and was close to going in.

The icing tonight wasn't selfish or stupid. They needed to clear the puck. He lobbed it because one of his players was in a position where he may have been able to knock it down and put it in the net. It didn't turn out that way and was close to going in.

I thought the one tonight was a calculated risk. He knows he's good enough to score that one a reasonable percentage of the time, and if it works the game is over. If it doesn't they get a whistle and a rest from the timeout, which I'm sure he knew they still had.

heres an article from boston defending Lucic (!!!!)…have i mentioned i HATE Boston. unbelievable. if someone had done this to a boston player you know this guy would be the first to cry about it. what an embarrassment. bostonians are brainwashed

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2014/04/in_defense_of_lucics_cheap_shot_-_welcome_to_playoff_hockey.html

heres an article from boston defending Lucic (!!!!)…have i mentioned i HATE Boston. unbelievable. if someone had done this to a boston player you know this guy would be the first to cry about it. what an embarrassment. bostonians are brainwashed

http://www.boston.co...off_hockey.html

I want to vomit.

And the comment about "while the ref is up the ice..." Was the writer not watching? The ref was right there... Watching...

I guess maybe he's right then. The ref saw it.

A big part of Boston's game seems to be to hit and intimidate, I love physical hockey, but the ###### the Bruins get away with is crazy and the league does nothing about it. To think that a player like Lucic has only been suspended once (as far as I know), or Chara has never been suspended, is ridiculous. Chara could of killed Pacoretty and nothing was done. This garbage is allowed, while you have a player like John Scott, getting tossed for stepping on the ice ans Scott is far from being a dirty player. I don't know how the NHL survives with Bettman in control.

Datsyuk's goal may have been the first time I jumped up in celebration for a goal this season. I rarely root for other teams, but Go Wings (at least to you beat Boston).

i read three articles in the Globe this morning, not a mention of the Lucic play.

Count me in the crowd who are also way over the Marathon coverage...Lord that City so full of itself.

Not sure i can have more dislike for a city and their teams than Boston right now.Shame, cause downtown Boston is a place i used to have fun.

Comments like this and the fact like we ran Vanek out of town show to me, that Buffalo fans only very seldom find a super star they can accept.

I do not mean this personal ghost, but I have read so many strong comments about few flaws of super stars in this forum, that I believe/ fear that nobody is good enough for the Sabres. During Gilberts rule in Buffalo this forum did not exist, but I am sure we would have read comments that he is lazy many times.

Yeah I love king Pavel Datsyuk, it would be a dream to have one like him on the team.

Edited by LaLaLaFontaine

Comments like this and the fact like we ran Vanek out of town show to me, that Buffalo fans only very seldom find a super star they can accept.

I do not mean this personal ghost, but I have read so many strong comments about few flaws of super stars in this forum, that I believe/ fear that nobody is good enough for the Sabres. During Gilberts rule in Buffalo this forum did not exist, but I am sure we would have read comments that he is lazy many times.

Yeah I love king Pavel Datsyuk, it would be a dream to have one like him on the team.

I agree with much of this, but Vanek cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as Datsyuk.

Edited by nfreeman

so reports from Kypreos that Lucic will not receive a suspension, and maybe a fine…go figure. only thing more cowardly than Lucic is the NHL itself, refusing to suspend a player because of his name. Completely goes against everything to protect player safety. And now once again Lucic escapes with the 'no past history of supplemental discipline' excuse, even though he should've been suspended four times already and clearly shows intent to injure. Not saying John scott belongs in this league, but Lucic is a hell of a lot dirtier than john scott who just does his job and fights/protects teammates. Then you have a coward like lucic who clearly showing no respect for other players, and won't even fight a man his size, and the NHL turns its back. He's gotta be thinking jeesh i really can get away with anything huh? ridiculous and pathetic

I saw Perry's and while i think he should be suspended as well, Lucic's was much much worse. Perrys was a little love tap to the guy who was facing him. Lucic completely wound up and tried to sterilize a completely unaware Dekeyser, behind the play, and then looks around to see if anyone caught him. Bushleague. Should be a one game suspension minimum. The league sends a message that this is acceptable now. I hope Lucic gets 5 of those next game and a taste of his own medicine. You see no-name players trying to make a good physical play that accidentally make a mistake and hit a guy in the head or into the boards from behind on a fraction of a second type of play, and they sit for 4 games and actually regret what they did. Meanwhile Lucic has the most blatant attempt to injure you can possibly have, and he gets nothing. Its garbage

and lets not forget this is the second time Lucic has done this exact thing in less than a month

LOL at Lucic apologizing now and saying he doesn't know why he did it. waaah wahhh wahhhh. Sounds exactly like when he didn't mean to plow straight thru ryan miller when he had plenty of time to get out of the way. His punishment is that he has to make a phone call to the league office (not a phone hearing). Not making this up. As long as Lucic says he's sorry or he didn't mean to in a phone call, i guess it is okay in the leagues eyes. NHL bending the rules for this guy/team

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.