First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

It wasn't desperate enough. Desperation is what is winning games right now.

Meh. Lack of desperation is a popular narrative point. But this wasn't a situation where he failed or refused to extend himself, to push himself to a dangerous place or do something out of character (i.e., a situation where he should have played "more desperately"). Shatt hesitated, he was uncertain for a split-second. IMO, that does not equate with being insufficiently desperate to make the right play. He appeared to be doing everything he could to make the right play there -- he just failed to do it -- largely because #88 made an elite offensive play.

Shattenkirk completely misread the play. He's defending Kane and the other Blues players manage to backcheck enough to put sticks on the other Blackhawks players Kane would pass to. The right decision, as soon as that pass is in jeopardy, is to go at Kane and force him.

post-1361-0-28761600-1398347495_thumb.jpg

Shattenkirk second-guessed his teammates and it cost them.

Great analysis.

Well, he singlehandedly pissed away game 4, that much is for sure.

And did I read this right? 9 playoff games straight now where Crosby hasn't scored?

The goal to send it to OT should not have happened. I find myself routing for CBJ in this series but I'm not sure if it's because I like the grit they are playing with or if I just have that much dislike for Crosby.

Fleury has been and will continue to be Pittsburgh's Achilles heel in the playoffs. Not sure why haven't figured that out yet.

Uh huh. It blows my mind they didn't try to get Halak or Miller.

I think that not trading for Miller, and blowing yet another year of Crosby's and Malkin's prime because of Fleury, was a firing-level offense by Shero.

If Detroit loses this game I'd say the series is over.

Really wish the NYR-Philly game was on tonight instead of the SJ-LAK game. It's the only series I have yet to watch one game of, I just find both of those teams wholly uninteresting

It's nice to hear Doc actually call a game, and not babble on about some player's pee wee coach's sister who runs a hockey camp for girls who…

Still can't stand him, though.

love him

its a wheel state and a an agriculture state...they are leaning towards a cattle state right now

way too funny

Edited by plenzmd1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.