GDT: New York Islanders at Buffalo 4-13-14 at 5:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

It will be a Buffalo fans luck if, on Tuesday, the Sabres don't get the first pick in the NHL draft lottery.

Well, we do have a 3 in 4 chance of picking second... I assume the draft lottery will be shown live on NHL network?

Edit: Ah, my question is answered above.

Edited by Potato

There's a 40% chance either the Sabres or Oilers get the first pick. The Oil will take Ekblad.

I wouldn't mind someone picking Ekblad ahead of the Sabres, so TM would be forced to pick a center. I don't want him to be tempted to pick a defenseman.

Who ever gets first, even if its the islanders, they'll pick ekblad for sure.

Florida and the islanders both need him, more than the oilers who got some good D prospects with nurse and klefbom.

I can really see the oilers taking Reinhart to really get a solid 1 - 2 punch at center, and go after Hainsey / Macdonald in the offseason.

THANK. FREAKIN'. GOD!

Done.....!!

It will be a Buffalo fans luck if, on Tuesday, the Sabres don't get the first pick in the NHL draft lottery.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Never underestimate the ability of Darcy Regier to ruin a perfectly good hockey team, even if he's been fired.

Edited by Kristian

A couple times tonight Leino actually modeled the type of player we thought we were getting when we signed him. Which is exactly why he has gotta go, the LAST game, one game. Thanks Jerk

Deslauriers is gonna be hard to play against in the future

Mitchells speed was evident a few times tonight

Edited by Bills12Sabres11

A couple times tonight Leino actually modeled the type of player we thought we were getting when we signed him. Which is exactly why he has gotta go, the LAST game, one game. Thanks Jerk

Deslauriers is gonna be hard to play against in the future

Mitchells speed was evident a few times tonight

This guy goes down in Sabres history as the biggest bust ever, and should stand as a monument over Darcy's tenure here.

This guy goes down in Sabres history as the biggest bust ever, and should stand as a monument over Darcy's tenure here.

No question he was a bust, but wasn't it T-Pegs idea to sign Leino?

Edited by DGW54321

Tuesday. Does anybody really think we're gonna win??

I shouldn't be so negative, but being from Buffalo, I have developed a terrible of case of self-schadenfreude.

Agreed. I think that the Sabres lose the lottery.

Everyone should think that we won't win the lottery, because it is far more likely that we don't than we do. I would like them to win, but expecting them to would be silly (unlike a few years ago when it would have been slightly better than a coin flip chance.) No need to call on the Buffalo always loses mentality here.

Side note: the Sabres actually have a 25.38% chance of winning. NJs balls (1.5% chance) count as redraws, so the Sabres chance is 0.25/(1-0.015) = 0.2538.

Side note 2: Sabres had the same number of ROWs this season as last in 34 more games. Only Florida had less last season and no other team has come close in a full season since they started tracking that stat a few years ago. That's 17% of games won without a shhotout.

Edited by carpandean

Agreed. I think that the Sabres lose the lottery.

Yeah, I would be astonished if they get the first pick in the lottery - 1 in 4 odds is an almost guaranteed loss for any team from Buffalo.

Yes.

Bettman is a lawyer by profession too. Being a lawyer doesn't automatically make one a weasel, but it definitely improves the odds of such.

And here's an interesting read - this website's picks for the biggest draft busts of all time. I hope the Sabres don't end up with the ice-hockey equivalent of an Aaron Maybin.

http://proicehockey....Draft-Busts.htm

Edited by Jsixspd

THANK. FREAKIN'. GOD!

Done.....!!

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Never underestimate the ability of Darcy Regier to ruin a perfectly good hockey team, even if he's been fired.

So what's the over/under on how long it will take after the odds play out as they should tomorrow and the Sabres don't get the #1 pick before we have the "see that's why you don't tank for a #1 pick" posts?

So what's the over/under on how long it will take after the odds play out as they should tomorrow and the Sabres don't get the #1 pick before we have the "see that's why you don't tank for a #1 pick" posts?

I hate the idea of tanking and I don't think that's what they did--face it, this team wasn't going to win many games. But such a post would be silly. The point of tanking is to guarantee a top 2 pick, and the Sabres are guaranteed that.

I hate the idea of tanking and I don't think that's what they did--face it, this team wasn't going to win many games. But such a post would be silly. The point of tanking is to guarantee a top 2 pick, and the Sabres are guaranteed that.

I agree that it would be silly as the tanking concept and it's potential rewards have been discussed ad nauseam around here since October. But you just know those posts will be coming anyway.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.